Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2013, 17:03   #76
BHPian

Re: What Car : Sunny vs Vento vs??

I am looking for a petrol car for about 10lakhs,still not clear on AT/MT as not many cars are available in AT.My monthly running would be around 1000kms,main preferences are good performance,ride and handling.Rear seat comfort is not of prime importance but it would be appreciated.
I have short listed down the choices to Vento AT/MT,Fiesta AT,Linea T-Jet.I am also confused if I should look at Polo TSI,City AT/MT.
Also,I have heard that Vento's TDI engine is really good and has great torque,so should I consider that as well although my running may not warrant a diesel.

Waiting for advice from fellow members
Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 18:45   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
I am looking for a petrol car for about 10lakhs,still not clear on AT/MT as not many cars are available in AT.My monthly running would be around 1000kms,main preferences are good performance,ride and handling.Rear seat comfort is not of prime importance but it would be appreciated.
I have short listed down the choices to Vento AT/MT,Fiesta AT,Linea T-Jet.I am also confused if I should look at Polo TSI,City AT/MT.
Also,I have heard that Vento's TDI engine is really good and has great torque,so should I consider that as well although my running may not warrant a diesel.

Waiting for advice from fellow members
Thanks
If AT, it has to be Fiesta AT. And since you performance ride and handling look no further. As per Ford that Dual Clutch gear box has a warranty of 100K km.

Compared to Polo TSI I would advice Fiesta. More so from a space point of view if you need it.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 20:35   #78
BHPian

Is Ford planning to launch the new Fiesta which has the hexagonal grill?
Old 28th July 2013, 09:10   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If AT, it has to be Fiesta AT. And since you performance ride and handling look no further. As per Ford that Dual Clutch gear box has a warranty of 100K km.

Compared to Polo TSI I would advice Fiesta. More so from a space point of view if you need it.
Yes,I think the Ford DCT is the best auto in the segment,I felt it even improved the performance of the car compared to the MT.
Will TD the Vento TDI and decide,but also confused by the T-Jet which is a really fun driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
Is Ford planning to launch the new Fiesta which has the hexagonal grill?
As per the dealer Ford will launch it by the end of the year,I think Ford might be waiting to sell all it's current stock of Fiesta but I doubt they will due to the Ecosport and the dealers' attitude.

Last edited by Marauder : 28th July 2013 at 09:18.
Old 28th July 2013, 09:46   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Yes,I think the Ford DCT is the best auto in the segment,I felt it even improved the performance of the car compared to the MT.
Will TD the Vento TDI and decide,but also confused by the T-Jet which is a really fun driving.
Writing is on the wall !

If Manual : T-Jet
If AT : Fiesta DCT

Both are equally good contenders from all angles (ride/performance/handling). I think Fiesta has a lower turning radius and space in the rear seat may be lower than Linea thanks to the swooping back. If there are some who would occupy back seat, take stock of their notes too. But hope you are OK with the FE you get with T-Jet in case you go with it.

Last edited by ampere : 28th July 2013 at 09:53.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 00:45   #81
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Not sure if I am posting in the right section but really hoping for some opinion. My friend is looking to buy a car to replace his Honda City (the dolphin model). Since he will be selling a sedan, he wants to replace it with a sedan only. Also, he is looking only at Automatic transmission and a petrol car. Currently he is confused between Verna and Scala. He is more inclined towards Scala as it has more space but is a bit worried about going with a different choice as Verna is a safer bet. The only negative he found about Scala was its boring interiors compared to the Verna which is quite correct. He has test driven Scala and is quite satisfied with it.

Would love to hear opinions of informed people here. Any other options he should look at? He will not buy Vento/Sx4 so no point suggesting him these. Rapid is one option but he is not much interested in it as it resembles Vento.

He wants to make a quick decision on this one - probably by Sunday. Kindly let me know what should he go for.
Old 12th October 2013, 02:01   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,

My friend is looking to buy a car to replace his Honda City (the dolphin model). Currently he is confused between Verna and Scala.

He wants to make a quick decision on this one - probably by Sunday. Kindly let me know what should he go for.
I think the 2014 city is worth a couple of months wait, he can't go wrong with either of the 2 choices (Verna/Scala) as far as reliability is concerned, however, Verna wins on the looks, power (read driving pleasure) and nationwide service availability front. Scala would be an ideal choice if he is going to be driven.

I, for one would have waited for the new city .
DragonRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 10:29   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post

I, for one would have waited for the new city .
Appreciate your suggestion! Well he is looking to replace his old City so he does not want another Honda car. He will be driving the car himself. Even I have suggested Verna to him because it is an all rounder compared to Scala. I will still suggest him the new City.

Also I see Vento TSi being launched - is it a Vento Diesel automatic car? I know a petrol AT version already exists. Is Vento TSi another petrol AT version or a new diesel one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks