Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 21:55   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: To buy or not to buy a T Jet+. NOW BOUGHT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Am sorry for everything you're going to but what was the trigger for cancelling your purchase?
Right from the time I started dealing with Mr. Tauceef, it was a mixed bag. Sure, the chap was polite, spoke well & was never rude. However, this is not the end all for me to seal the deal. When I started this entire process with KHT itself, the first thing that annoyed me was the don't care attitude of their finance chap Mr. Prashanth. He left me with Axis Bank and HDFC Bank for loan options with a ridiculous processing fee of Rs. 5300. SBI, according to Mr. Prashanth was no longer tied up with KHT and hence they could not offer the deal. This was a big fat lie. When I decided to walk out of the showroom, Tauceef came up to me and asked if I would book the car if SBI was made available. When I agreed, out came the State Bank of India car loan application form. Mr. Prashanth took this out from one of his own drawers. This is wrong.

Alright, I am letting this go assuming that the rest of the purchase process goes smooth. During the booking process I was told by Mr. Tauceef that I will have a choice of a few Sun Beam Beige shades to choose from in the stock yard. This turned out to be wrong when I went for the PDI last Saturday. There was only one car. The story changes with Mr. Tauceef. While at the stock yard he says the car was brought from the factory only after I gave them a booking amount. This is yet another lie. At the end I do know who or what to believe. I let this go as well. What I will not tolerate is someone trying to sell me a car with a kink on the mud guard and a scuff mark on the boot lid. Yes, it may not be much to 99% of the people. I am not part of that clan who will accept repair on a brand new car. Why should it be there in the first place? Why should it be rectified and sold? If you want to rectify and sell the car to me, I need another 50k off on it. I mentioned this to Mr. Tauceef. This was not possible. Tauceef goes on to tell me that customer's do not mind such issues and accept cars like these. This is also supposed to be common issue during a pre delivery inspection and they are always corrected. Hell no. Not in my books.

Then there is the whole "H" on the odo meter issue. It does not exist on any KHT car. They reset it after every pre delivery inspection of their own.

I have cancelled my booking with KHT motors. I do plan on making a booking with Prerana motors if all goes well with them.

The additional 25k discount is something new started this month by Fiat India. This makes it an effective Rs. 1lac cash discount on the ex showroom price. The cars at not any older as Tauceef had said. They are the very same cars going for a better deal.

Tauceef says he will call me on Monday about another car being made available for pre delivery inspection. As no call comes, I call Tauceef. He says he will get back to me. Never does. When I want some clarity over the new offer which includes another 25k reduction in price, Tauceef says this is for cars made in January 2011. I am in a fix now. Do I take an older car? In the middle of all this, my father calls up Prerana Motors and checks with them about this new offer which now takes the car's discount from 75k to 1lac. The cars are the same that are already available. It is impossible to get any accurate information from Mr. Tauceef. This is what annoyed me the most.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 23:10   #122
Senior - BHPian

I can probably smile a little again.

My father makes a call to Prerana Motors and speaks to Mr. Praveen. The conversation goes well and I am given Mr. Praveen's number for further discussion. Mr. Praveen is the Team Leader for Fiat Sales at Prerana Motors in Lalbagh. He says they have a sun beam beige ready in stock and exchanges the vehicle identification number or VIN. You need to remember that I have never met this man nor have I made a booking with Prerana. The VIN is still revealed. I ask about the "H" indication on the odometer. Mr. Praveen says it is there and I can verify the same with any Fiat in their stock yard or on any display car at their showroom. This is fantastic news. Mr. Praveen tells me that the bronzo scuro on display has 43km on the odometer. I ask Praveen if i can visit the showroom late into the evening. He says he will wait to meet me even if it does get a little late. I leave work at 520pm and hit the road to my house for a quick pit stop to grab my shoulder bag as I have all required documents in it, just in case I go ahead with a booking at Prerana. I call up Mr. Praveen again to confirm I will be coming and will be a little delayed. I start my long motorcycle ride from ITPL, white field - cox town via Hope farm, Kadugodi, onto state highway 35, hang a left at kattanallur gate, hit the nh4 to bangalore (also known as old madras road). This route is a good 30km to my house. The direct route from my office is just 14km. However, even a departure as early as 5pm is a nightmare via Krishnarajapuram. The 30km route gets me home faster than the 14km route. I reach home in just 50minutes, grab my shoulder bag, call up Praveen once again to re confirm I am coming and need another half an hour to reach his showroom at Lalbagh. Now starts the hell journey. Peak hour traffic from cox town to Lalbagh and my nuts are getting burnt with all that engine heat from the 500 block on my Enfield.

I reach Prerana at around 645pm. This is the same show room I visited during the dealer tour. They did not impress me the first time around. It is the exact opposite during this visit. During the first visit, I was attended to by Mr. Suhas Kamath. There is no car on display, no test drive car & no finance person. This annoys me and I decide not to book my car with Prerana. Mr. Praveen is already with a customer. Two young women are interested in a Fiat. They ended up buying a T Jet is what I learnt today. I walk into Prerana & ask for Mr. Praveen. They direct me to the first floor of the showroom. As I walk up the stairs, Mr. Praveen is heading down with his mates for a break. He assumes I am the customer he has been waiting for and introduces himself. He breaks off from his pals and we walk to his office table. I give him a little introduction as to who I am as my father had spoken to him earlier in the day. Mr. Praveen asks me to take a seat and turns his computer monitor to face me. He opens up a micro soft excel file which has all the information about every single Tata Fiat car assigned to them from the factory. It has VIN, color, model, variant, manufacture date, etc. All the information is presented to me. He then filters the list to show only Fiat Linea T Jet Plus cars. There are about a dozen of them. Three of them are with Prerana. A bronzo scuro is their display car, the other two cars are a sun beam beige and a fox trot azure. Another 7 - 8 cars are in transit and will take 10 days to reach Prerana stock yard. The fox trot and sun beam is at their Nelamangala stock yard. The bronzo scuro looks smashing under their showroom lighting. It is a January 2011 manufactured. Mr. Praveen takes me to the car to show me the chassis number stamped directly on the body. This is located under the front passenger foot well area. After this, he takes me to the drivers cockpit to show me the "H" on the odometer. It is there with 43km displayed. This is the bare minimum distance they can manage and is something they cannot avoid is what Mr. Praveen tells me. I tell Mr. Praveen that I would like a Sun beam beige shade. I get a cost break up for the car, the VIN and engine number. It comes to Rs. 982235. I am offered the following as free accessories.

1. Ganesh Idol
2. Car prefume
3. Garware Sun Film
4. OEM Floor mats and boot mat
5. 50% off on reverse parking sensor.

Cost break up:

On Road Rs. 1110851
Cash Discount Rs. 100000
Insurance Rs. 26616 is free
Standard Fitments worth Rs. 2000 is free

I instruct Mr. Praveen to remove the first 3 items. With those removed he says he will somehow try and throw in parking sensors for free. This will be a Fiat original accessory. No wire splicing or cutting.

I ask Mr. Praveen if Rs. 20000 is enough for a booking amount. He asks if there is any way I can pay the booking amount now. I give Mr. Praveen the option of debit card. He is not very keen. He asks if I can a wire transfer. Praveen emails across all the information for Prerana's bank account. Praveen says he will have a performa invoice ready for me tomorrow, will email it across so I can take it to sbi and get the loan transferred from KHT to Prerana. Unfortunately, sbi is closed tomorrow so I can get this processed only on Wednesday. Praveen assures me that once the bank work is through, he can have the car ready for delivery by this weekend. I ask him about pre delivery inspection. Praveen has offered to bring the car of my choice from the stock yard in Nelamangala for inspection. Praveen says I can take all the time I want with it, drive it if I so wish within the stock yard and on the road if I want. I tell Praveen that it is illegal and that I only wish to drive it within the stock yard. Praveen agree's and then goes onto say that he will arrange for a driver to drive if I wish to travel in the car I have selected. I give a heads up to Praveen about my experience with KHT and will have none of it. He says, if I am unhappy about something, he will give me another car and that I will have to wait 10 days if it must be another sun beam beige. The sun beam beige that is in transit also happens to be the last of the T Jet's made. It's VIN indicates June. The new VIN for my car is May. The "H" will be available on the odometer display is what Praveen says. If it is not, I can request for another car. Praveen says to please allow a reading of 40-60km to be shown if the car is brought to the showroom as this is the distance it needs to be driven for their stock yard in Nelamangala.

I have been sitting with Mr. Praveen for about an hour now. He has not said a "No" to anything I have asked. Every single question I have thrown at him, I get a prompt reply. Please allow me to introduce the best sales man I have met with Tata Fiat. Mr. Veerappa Pattan Shetty aka Praveen. If you must buy a Fiat in Bangalore, I suggest you go all the way and book your car with Mr. Praveen at Prerana. Mr. Praveen did allow me to take pictures of the bronzo scuro on display. All I wanted was a picture of the world famous ignition column and the odo meter reading.

There you go, I just booked my 2nd T Jet :-)
Attached Thumbnails
To buy or not to buy a T Jet+. NOW BOUGHT.-p1020896_resize.jpg  

To buy or not to buy a T Jet+. NOW BOUGHT.-p1020897_resize.jpg  

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 5th December 2011 at 23:14. Reason: Added a smiley
sandeepmohan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 00:32   #123
BHPian

Sandeep, Congrats a 2nd time for the Jet. May you have a smooth sailing with your buying experience.

I guess Praveen is probably reporting to the Sales Mgr at Prerana - Mr.Vijay. He is an excellent guy to deal with and the same goes for his boss Mr. Bhatt, the Regional Sales Head for FIAT at Prerana.
Old 6th December 2011, 03:00   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I can probably smile a little again.
There you go, I just booked my 2nd T Jet :-)
Sandeep, that’s a great report of the dealer experience. Quite impressive. All the best for the 2nd booking
Old 6th December 2011, 10:32   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats! Wish you many million miles in your new beauty!

When you buy any product or service, it's absolutely essential that you as a buyer are satisfied with your purchase. I think you've ensured that in this case- perhaps that's why you were not able to close the deal earlier.

It's a great price for an awesome car and hope you get it very soon!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 10:47   #126
BHPian

Sandeep- the narrative was captivating to say the least. Has all the trappings of a good script.

Mighty impressed with the heart you have shown in getting the right car from the right folks. Way to go!

Would have loved to see the Bronzo Scuro in the pics
mnemonic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 15:36   #127
BHPian

Bravo, Sandeep. You're finally getting your T-Jet and with a good preliminary experience to boot. I hope Prerana lives up to your expectations, finger crossed!

Last but not least, don't forget to put up your delivery and initial experiences after you get your car.
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 16:11   #128
BHPian

Congrats buddy!

BTW, how do you mean the last of the T-Jets?
Old 6th December 2011, 17:00   #129
Senior - BHPian

Sandeep

Just FYI, one of my colleagues has bought a TJET+ for 8.8 lacs OTR Pune with 10k free goodies. He got his TJET+ delivered just last week. Just in case you have not yet paid the full amount, may be you can haggle for more discount.
Old 6th December 2011, 21:07   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Sandeep

Just FYI, one of my colleagues has bought a TJET+ for 8.8 lacs OTR Pune with 10k free goodies. He got his TJET+ delivered just last week. Just in case you have not yet paid the full amount, may be you can haggle for more discount.
I would assume most of the Rs. 1L difference is made up on the exhorbitant road tax in KA and also on the ex-show room price (cheaper in MH as FIAT is made there).
Old 7th December 2011, 07:40   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe loser View Post
Congrats buddy! BTW, how do you mean the last of the T-Jets?
According to the list at Prerana Motors, the last and latest T Jet allocated to them by Fiat India was manufactured in June. It is a sun beam beige. This car is in transit and will take another 8-10 days to reach Prerana stock yard. The car I have selected for pre delivery inspection is manufactured in May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Just in case you have not yet paid the full amount, may be you can haggle for more discount.
I wish we had a one country, one registration, one tax bracket policy. 8.8lac on the road in just incredible value for money for a T Jet Plus. There is very little I can push in terms of price. The road tax in Karnataka for this car is Rs. 1.44 lac.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th December 2011 at 08:07.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:00   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
According to the list at Prerana Motors, the last and latest T Jet allocated to them by Fiat India was manufactured in June. It is a sun beam beige. This car is in transit and will take another 8-10 days to reach Prerana stock yard. The car I have selected for pre delivery inspection is manufactured in May.[/b]
Does this mean that the T-Jet production has stopped?
Old 7th December 2011, 11:37   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe loser View Post
Does this mean that the T-Jet production has stopped?
Yes and No. The 2011 Linea production has been stopped given the fact that the 2012 Linea is to be launched on Jan 3rd.
mnemonic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 11:40   #134
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 8th December 2011 at 10:51.
wannabe loser is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th December 2011, 11:50   #135
BHPian

Understand that the changes are merely cosmetic, so my guess is that the T-Jet would remain. If Fiat choose to drop the flagship of the range, then god save them.

Anyways- I don't want to take this thread away from Sandeep,so we can continue on the facelift thread here:>

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...an-2012-a.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks