Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2011, 20:57   #46
BHPian

re: To buy or not to buy a T Jet+. NOW BOUGHT.

@sandeep:

I don't know what the road tax etc is in BLR, I think it's pretty high.

To be more specific I bought mine in Feb/March and without a corporate discount but with all assistance packages my car cost quite a bit less than price you are quoting here. There was not much of an active discounting of T-Jet then so I only got what the dealer passed on to me from their margin.

OTOH my insurance cost was about the same. I can share some more specifics with you over PM but I think you should be targetting around the number Sultan quotes above. The difference in ex-showroom price is only about 20k between GGN and BLR, so unless the tax is 1 lakh more than what I paid, you should have been south of 9.5L if indeed you were getting a 1L discount.

One catch: I was unable to get a loan, so I mortgaged my liver and paid cash. That was also a pretty big factor in the price.
Old 18th November 2011, 21:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

sandeep, 10.09 looks high for me. In Chennai, T-Jet+ can be bought for 9.4L for sure. I advice you to bargain hard. Or else switch to Concorde and try to get the car at the price mentioned by Khan_Sultan (9.52L).
Old 18th November 2011, 21:17   #48
BHPian

rameshnanda - at VST I was quoted 9 L for the T-Jet + inclusive of all the discounts
Old 18th November 2011, 21:51   #49
BHPian

sandeep, just to add info. as you plan to keep the car for a longer time, parts should not be a major issue. i bought a used 2005 elantra in feb 2011.. Totally flopped car in Indian market and production stopped in 2007. Still i haven't faced issues in spares. Hyundai has it in stock and if not gets in a weeks time. Also my clutch is due a change in next 10k odd km. in india its 30k and in US it costs mere 8-12k!
If you love the car, then sure you will find spares source for it. Again you wont need spares that often.
Another thing is fuel bill but since you are used to ikon 1.6 i guess you understand it!!
Old 18th November 2011, 23:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
rameshnanda - at VST I was quoted 9 L for the T-Jet + inclusive of all the discounts
9L for T-Jet+ looks too aggressive. It may be for a T-Jet. Remember that T-Jet+ actual OTR in Chennai 10.7L.
Old 18th November 2011, 23:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

@cranky The road tax for the T Jet+ Premium color is Rs. 144206. The final price quoted without any bargaining at Concorde was Rs. 1,007,407. This was when I was doing rounds of all dealers. As I was not going to book it, I did not get into the whole bargaining discussion.

Now that I have an idea of the price I must get, I will try and fight for it & see if it can be bettered. As in, fight for it in a good manner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Remember that T-Jet+ actual OTR in Chennai 10.7L.
This sounds more like it. Is this the discounted price? The on road price in Bangalore for T Jet+ Premium Color is Rs. 1,102,967. This is the variant I am going to book tomorrow.

After all the discounts thrown in, its down to Rs. 1,007,407. Discount break up:

Insurance Rs. 17060
Road Side Assistance Rs. 3500
Cash Discount Rs. 75000

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd November 2011 at 07:43. Reason: merging post. Please follow adding/editing post time.
Old 18th November 2011, 23:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
This sounds more like it. Is this the discounted price? The on road price in Bangalore for T Jet+ Premium Color is Rs. 1,102,967. This is the variant I am going to book tomorrow.

After all the discounts thrown in, its down to Rs. 1,007,407. Discount break up:

Insurance Rs. 17060
Road Side Assistance Rs. 3500
Cash Discount Rs. 75000
10.7L is without any discounts. After the discounts, I can get it for 9.4L.
Are you not eligible for Corporate Discount? Still, you should be able to get a better discount. Why don't you check with Concorde, Bangalore again? Khan_sultan has pointed out that his friend bought a T-Jet+ for 9.52L. Push for the same level of pricing.
Old 18th November 2011, 23:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

I am going to KHT Motors tomorrow and push for this price. I am going to tell them Concorde is offering this. It may work in my favor. KHT Motors is close to my work spot. It will be easy for me to carry out the PDI when the time comes as well. Traveling from my work spot, which is in white field, Bangalore, to where Concorde is, it is just too far. Besides, I will have to make at least a couple of visits even before the PDI for loan verification and what not.
Old 18th November 2011, 23:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am going to KHT Motors tomorrow and push for this price. I am going to tell them Concorde is offering this. It may work in my favor. KHT Motors is close to my work spot. It will be easy for me to carry out the PDI when the time comes as well. Traveling from my work spot, which is in white field, Bangalore, to where Concorde is, it is just too far. Besides, I will have to make at least a couple of visits even before the PDI for loan verification and what not.
Wish you good luck. And you are about to join the elite club of T-Jet.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2011, 11:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
A colleague of mine in office just bought a t-jet from Concorde Bangalore, 3 weeks ago and his price ON ROAD was 9.52L
What variant is this? The difference between a T Jet and a T Jet+ Premium Color is Rs. 65375 on road & non discounted price. This is no small amount. I don't want to end up bargaining for a price I am simply not going to get. It will be helpful if you tell me the variant that your colleague bought. If it was just a base T Jet, 9.52 lac sounds about the correct price after the discounts.

Cash discount between T Jet and T Jet+ is a big Rs. 25000.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 19th November 2011 at 11:17.
Old 19th November 2011, 12:16   #56
Senior - BHPian

This being close to the year end, there should be good discounts - especially if you can defer the purchase till say December. You must be aware that purchasing a car at the year end will affect depreciation as well, as opposed to purchasing a car in the beginning of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
@sandeep:

One catch: I was unable to get a loan, so I mortgaged my liver and paid cash.
You mortgaged your liver ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 19th November 2011 at 12:26.
Old 19th November 2011, 12:32   #57
BHPian

U huh Now I use a scrummy little oil filter instead.

Last edited by cranky : 19th November 2011 at 12:34.
Old 19th November 2011, 16:12   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
You must be aware that purchasing a car at the year end will affect depreciation as well, as opposed to purchasing a car in the beginning of the year.
I'd like to add to that - if you buy a car in December, you can drive on T/R for a month and have the vehicle registered in January - that way, you can have the vehicle registered in the following year while getting it right away. When selling the vehicle, the year in which the vehicle was registered is considered.

In some other parts of the world, the end of the year is when new models are released (new models are released every year, even if it's just a minor face-lift)... if you end up with an older model, you didn't get the vehicle for very long before its value goes down, but on the flip side if you get the new model, you can claim that you have the next year's model when you want to sell it.
Old 20th November 2011, 11:27   #59
Senior - BHPian

Booked the car yesterday with KHT Motors in White field, Bangalore. It was not the best experience. I should have gone to Concorde Motors. Not that I know if the experience would have been better.

There was no way I could get the price some of you have mentioned. The final price was 9.97lac after corporate discounts for a T Jet Plus Premium color.

What annoyed me the most was when I was told by their finance person that their tie up with SBI was no more. I was give the option to take the loan with Axis and HDFC at 12.50% fixed rate of interest and a processing fee of Rs. 5300. I decided to not book and as I started walking out, the sale's person came up to me and asked if I would book if SBI was made available. I said yes and the SBI loan application form popped out of nowhere. This is very annoying. 11.25% floating rate of interest and no processing fee. I was told a savings account with SBI will need to be opened. I refused and said that all I need is the loan and not another savings bank account. Filled all the forms, submitted all the documents and paid Rs. 20k as booking amount. This was not enough according to the sale's chap. They wanted 50k. I said it was not required and 20k is sufficient.

They have a Sun Beam Biege, a black and some other color in their stock yard which is just half a km from the showroom. I did not go to take a look. I have asked for the VIN to be made available at the earliest. The sales chap, Mr. Tauseef was very humble and I got the fastest 5th test drive of the car. The finance chap Mr. Prashanth is the one who pissed me off saying no SBI on offer and did not really care when I started to leave.

There you go. Booked my first new car.
Old 20th November 2011, 17:43   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked the car yesterday with KHT Motors in White field, Bangalore. It was not the best experience. I should have gone to Concorde Motors. Not that I know if the experience would have been better.

There was no way I could get the price some of you have mentioned. The final price was 9.97lac after corporate discounts for a T Jet Plus Premium color.

What annoyed me the most was when I was told by their finance person that their tie up with SBI was no more. I was give the option to take the loan with Axis and HDFC at 12.50% fixed rate of interest and a processing fee of Rs. 5300. I decided to not book and as I started walking out, the sale's person came up to me and asked if I would book if SBI was made available. I said yes and the SBI loan application form popped out of nowhere. This is very annoying. 11.25% floating rate of interest and no processing fee. I was told a savings account with SBI will need to be opened. I refused and said that all I need is the loan and not another savings bank account. Filled all the forms, submitted all the documents and paid Rs. 20k as booking amount. This was not enough according to the sale's chap. They wanted 50k. I said it was not required and 20k is sufficient.

They have a Sun Beam Biege, a black and some other color in their stock yard which is just half a km from the showroom. I did not go to take a look. I have asked for the VIN to be made available at the earliest. The sales chap, Mr. Tauseef was very humble and I got the fastest 5th test drive of the car. The finance chap Mr. Prashanth is the one who pissed me off saying no SBI on offer and did not really care when I started to leave.

There you go. Booked my first new car.
Congratulations Sandeep. I don't like to comment again on the price and booking experience to confuse you more. You have booked one of the fastest and best looking sedan in India today.

Congrats again.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks