Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2011, 07:49   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: To buy or not to buy a T Jet+. NOW BOUGHT.

I will be doing the PDI for my car soon. Is it possible to get a wrong information out from the MID about the car's actual kilometer/mile reading? In a better way, is it possible for the dealer to disable the speedometer or odometer on a car like the Linea? Any other way to judge how much the car may have run?
Old 30th November 2011, 08:20   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Any other way to judge how much the car may have run?
Well, in Fiat Linea & Fiat Punto, the odometer will get automatically/manually(not sure) reset to ZERO, once the car has done ~200km iff there is a letter Hdisplayed on the MID.

ie, If you don't see the letter H on the MID, the car in question has done 200km for sure.

This 'H' thing is basically implemented to handover the car to the owner with odometer set to ZERO after doing the PDI Roadtest, IIRC.

May you've a successful PDI.
Old 30th November 2011, 09:58   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Well, in Fiat Linea & Fiat Punto, the odometer will get automatically/manually(not sure) reset to ZERO, once the car has done ~200km iff there is a letter Hdisplayed on the MID.

ie, If you don't see the letter H on the MID, the car in question has done 200km for sure.

This 'H' thing is basically implemented to handover the car to the owner with odometer set to ZERO after doing the PDI Roadtest, IIRC.

May you've a successful PDI.
Thats incorrect. The odo does NOT RESET to zero. It's the H which disappears.
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 10:34   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
not only this , i have received calls direcly from Fiat Italy too 2 times for the feedback about the car and any changes to be suggested.

apart from ground clearance for indian dabba roads i couldnt find any problem and i informed them about this. not only me there must be 100 more customers who have complained this.

and the implementation over this is 2012 model linea with increased ground clearance with 16" wheels. this will be launched in jan 2012 auto expo.

they are listening hard to the customers.
how do you mean ground clearance problems mate?
Old 30th November 2011, 10:48   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe loser View Post
how do you mean ground clearance problems mate?
scrapping of the low slung engine guard. no other part touches the road except the strong guard. doesnt cause any damage , but my heart sinks when it scrapes from beneath,
Old 30th November 2011, 11:55   #81
BHPian

Sandeep- my view, it is quite unlikely that such tampering might happen. However, i am not sure if there is any tamper proofing that is being done by OEM's to prevent this jugaad.

Wishing you the best with the PDI and congrats on advance for the smile that will be plastered across your face from the moment you get behind the wheel of your new T-Jet. Looking forward to the pictures....
Old 30th November 2011, 16:38   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you don't see the letter H on the MID, the car in question has done 200km for sure
This is super confusing. If it is said to work the way you have described, how on earth can anyone tell if the car has run 200km or 20km?

What does the H mean?

Let us make this simple. It is now confirmed that I will be doing a PDI on Saturday. My loan should be through in 2 days. What should I look for on the odometer? What sign is not a good sign?
Old 30th November 2011, 16:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
Sandeep- my view, it is quite unlikely that such tampering might happen. However, i am not sure if there is any tamper proofing that is being done by OEM's to prevent this jugaad.
Few months back we asked Concorde - Diary Circle for Punto MJD for a test drive. They came with a brand new Punto with disconnected ODO, I refused to take test drive in a vehicle which is allotted to some customer!
Old 30th November 2011, 16:54   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is super confusing. If it is said to work the way you have described, how on earth can anyone tell if the car has run 200km or 20km?

What does the H mean?

Let us make this simple. It is now confirmed that I will be doing a PDI on Saturday. My loan should be through in 2 days. What should I look for on the odometer? What sign is not a good sign?
It's very simple. The H is displayed from 0-200 kms on the odo. Ofcourse, by looking at the figure you can tell how much it has run na?

I dont know what's the full-form of this H. AFAIK, this H is exactly designed to detect the malpractice of the dealers in disconnecting the odo.

EDIT - got this info from another forum dedicated to Fiat's

"H shows that the ODO is not reset'ed by anybody (Dealer or staff or anybody) as yet.

If the H shows on MID & if you can reset the ODO by long-long pressing (I think 7 seconds or 10 seconds), it means that nobody (including dealer or staff) has run the car more than what is showing in the ODO & you can take the km-reading on the ODO as the final before you take the delivery.

The 'H' reset be performed only once or it can be done any number of times as long as the ODO reads less than 200 Kms.

It seems it's made available to enable the buyer to ensure that when he gets the delivery, he can ensure that the car was not run much by anybody resetting the ODO."

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 30th November 2011 at 17:07.
nishantgandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 17:09   #85
Senior - BHPian

I get a call from Mr. Tauceef, who is my sales person at KHT Motors to visit the bank today. I reach SBI in Mahadevapura, Whitefield Main Road at 1030am. I was asked to meet Ms. Shivani. I walked in to the branch office and was amazed. It is a fairly large branch with a clean & pleasant lobby. I was expecting a government office look being SBI. I went to the counter for car loans. There is only one and I ask for Ms. Shivani. The lady at the desk was Shivani. I take a seat and have to fill out some forms. There was nobody present from the dealer KHT Motors. Not that I cared. In the process of filling the forms, Ms. Shivani asked if the dealer offered SBI as an option for the car loan. They did not. KHT told me they have cut off their ties with SBI and I mentioned this to Ms. Shivani. She said this was not correct. She also mentioned that there has been a drop in car loan applications to SBI as the finance chaps at the dealership make a cut from the processing fee for the car loan from private sector banks. I would believe this. SBI don't have any processing fee. KHT and Aadya are the dealers that did not list SBI for a loan option. Aadya did when I asked for it. KHT said, SBI was not an option at all. It all worked out for me the moment I said, no booking of the car unless I can have SBI. So that is the story.

My car loan application went to SBI at a leisurely pace. This Saturday will make it 2 weeks since I booked the car. My loan application basically reached them as if I had applied for it myself. Ms. Shivani said, had I applied for it directly with the bank, it would have taken less than a week to process. I am going to know if this is true as Ms Shivani said, the loan amount and draft should be through in another 2 days. I have requested not to hand over the draft to KHT. SBI have agreed. Ms. Shivani said, I can collect it myself. I did mention I want to carry out my own pre delivery inspection. No payment to be made to KHT unless this goes well. My fingers are crossed that it will. I did receive the VIN one hour ago and the car is May 2011 manufactured. I am not very happy about this.

The SBI experience was incredible. Ms. Shivani was super helpful. I had a ton of silly questions that would have pissed off anyone at the bank. All related to the loan but still. There were several sections in the form I was not sure about. She had guide me very well. I had to do a little running around which was alright. One was to go to the post office to get the stamp paper for Hypothecation Agreement and Term Loan Agreement. I was lucky that the local post office was less than a minute's walk. This process took 20 minutes. It cost Rs. 675.

I had to open a SBI savings account too in connection with the loan. I don't know why this is needed. In a way I am glad I opened a SBI savings bank account. The amazing thing is I got my Debit Card, Cheque Book immediately. I had deposit Rs. 1000 into the account. This was even easier. Went to the cash counter, gave the cash and debit card, the chap across the counter punched in details into the swipe machine, I had to punch in the debit card pin and it was done. It took 20 seconds.

Ms. Shivani made my day. For a moment I was wondering if this is the new SBI way. Helpful rather than being rude and useless.

In the middle of all this, Mr. Tauceef calls me asking if they can go ahead and prepare the invoice for the car. I told him not to as I have not done a pre delivery inspection. Tauceef wanted me to carry out the pdi today itself so they could invoice. It struck me very late that it was due to today being the 30th. I refused on the pdi today as I was already out of my office for 3 hours. The pdi will take time.
Old 30th November 2011, 17:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What does the H mean?
nishantgandhi has explained the things in detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Thanks for correcting me, my friend.

Please pardon me for the mistake I made.
Old 30th November 2011, 17:53   #87
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
got this info from another forum dedicated to Fiat's

"H shows that the ODO is not reset'ed by anybody (Dealer or staff or anybody) as yet.

If the H shows on MID & if you can reset the ODO by long-long pressing (I think 7 seconds or 10 seconds), it means that nobody (including dealer or staff) has run the car more than what is showing in the ODO & you can take the km-reading on the ODO as the final before you take the delivery.

The 'H' reset be performed only once or it can be done any number of times as long as the ODO reads less than 200 Kms.

It seems it's made available to enable the buyer to ensure that when he gets the delivery, he can ensure that the car was not run much by anybody resetting the ODO."
Quote:
nishantgandhi has explained the things in detail.

Thanks for correcting me, my friend.

Please pardon me for the mistake I made.
So from what I read above it seems to indicate that the what Klub Class had originally indicated was correct?

And that if H is not present then the car ODO could have been reset once or more (but to a max of 200 kms totally or maybe even more as long as it was each time done with less than 200 kms on board)? Or course none of this accounts for ODO being disconnected. Quite confusing, am really not able to understand the various interpretations.

The way I go about PDI is to first check the car in the Yard itself (outside city limits normally do the PDI there itself subject to it being in the same condition when it reaches the sales office) - no one would bother to run kms on the car while out there as all test drives happen from the sales office. Note the chassis number then and compare with the alloted number conveyed earlier. And then take delivery of the car right when it reaches the sales office. I guess on a min level taking delivery of the car right when (same day) it reaches the sales office is the more practical way of doing it for most.
Old 30th November 2011, 18:43   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The SBI experience was incredible.

For a moment I was wondering if this is the new SBI way. Helpful rather than being rude and useless.
Sandeep

First of all congrats on booking a wonderful car. Its got the best petrol engine IMO in the <10 lacs options.

I agree with you 200% regarding the SBI experience. I have had such amazing experience with SBI starting from applying for loan to pre-closure and closing formalities. My car loan's EMI was about 10,870/- , but when my last EMI was due, the balance loan amount was just about 1,500/-. Still full EMI was deducted from the account, even though it was supposed to be just 1,500 Rs. I was a little annoyed. However, I got a call from SBI the same day saying that "Sir, don't worry about full EMI being deducted from your account. Your refund cheque will be ready in 2 days and you will get a call from us." Indeed, I got a call from the branch and the cheque was ready. Ofcourse, they can improve on this, but good thing is that they know the loophole in their system and have a solid backup system to tackle the loophole.
Old 30th November 2011, 19:49   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ms. Shivani made my day. For a moment I was wondering if this is the new SBI way. Helpful rather than being rude and useless.
SBI changed a lot during the term of the previous chairman O.P.Bhatt. I have gone ahead and have had 3 car loans with them till now. Read about my experience here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2371570

You'll find a lot of post from me advocating PSU banks in general and SBI in particular. Another member from bangalore n.devdat had amazing experience with Canara Bank for his car loan.

Except regular salary account banking, I have moved my business to SBI!
Old 30th November 2011, 20:40   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
So from what I read above it seems to indicate that the what Klub Class had originally indicated was correct?

And that if H is not present then the car ODO could have been reset once or more (but to a max of 200 kms totally or maybe even more as long as it was each time done with less than 200 kms on board)? Or course none of this accounts for ODO being disconnected. Quite confusing, am really not able to understand the various interpretations.
To put it simply - the odo can be reset JUST ONCE. I re-checked this fact at the same forum from which the above post was taken. Other users have verified it. H is displayed till 199 kms and it disappears as soon as the car reaches 200.

Also, if one is really finicky, you can hook up the OBD scanner and it will show the ACTUAL kms run since roll out from factory. So if the dealer is honest and you are doubtful, ask him to do this. If he refuses, you have reason enough to be suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The way I go about PDI is to first check the car in the Yard itself (outside city limits normally do the PDI there itself subject to it being in the same condition when it reaches the sales office) - no one would bother to run kms on the car while out there as all test drives happen from the sales office. Note the chassis number then and compare with the allotted number conveyed earlier. And then take delivery of the car right when it reaches the sales office. I guess on a min level taking delivery of the car right when (same day) it reaches the sales office is the more practical way of doing it for most.
I agree. Best way to avoid doubt is to go to the stockyard for the PDI and note down the Odo reading. Once the car reaches showroom, go for another PDI and tally the figures.

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 30th November 2011 at 20:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks