Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Pick your Choice-
NHC ZXi 37 45.12%
Aveo 45 54.88%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2006, 11:35   #31
BHPian

Aveo is having a very good ground clearance and none of the vehicles in the same class have such clearance. With adequate power it has, quite off-roading can be possible.
Old 23rd March 2006, 12:34   #32
BHPian

Aven for mee...
i like the car...
Old 23rd March 2006, 12:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27
Aveo is having a very good ground clearance and none of the vehicles in the same class have such clearance. With adequate power it has, quite off-roading can be possible.
Is ground clearance the only criteria for off roading? Ever wondered about the suspension for example?
Old 23rd March 2006, 13:04   #34
BANNED

I don't think Aveo is built for offroading. Otherwise who would need jeeps?
Old 23rd March 2006, 13:49   #35
BHPian

lol ... yea ... you could do a bit of rallying/offroading if you so please ... but dont complain if your car gets stuck somewhere,or if things start falling off from under the car
Old 5th April 2006, 12:21   #36
BHPian

Hi guys I was gonna go for NHC but the launch of aveo has stopped me to go further.

I went to a chevy showroom recently to have a look and feel of aveo.

For a first look, for its exteriors NHC is much better than Aveo, but aveo might appeal to people who like soft, round edges and a not so sporty styling.

In terms of the Interiors, bye-bye NHC and hello Aveo.
I am sure that who ever owns NHC will also praise aveo's interiors.
The way they have blended the stereo with the dashboard is a great work done and also the quality of the interiors looks much costlier than it may be.
I would request the Existing NHC owners to have a look at Aveo's interiors and give their opinions as it would help guys like me who are deciding for a mid segment car.

In terms of the goodies and the specs Aveo is much better than NHC, I mean NHC looks overpriced. I mean guys look at Fiesta & now Aveo, if these people can give airbags, abs, tubeless tyres, alloy wheels, height adjustment seats, nice company fitted audio systems then why the HELL NHC doesn't provides any.

I mean look at the pathetic looking system fitted in NHC ( both zxi & vtec), aveo has a far more better system in terms of quality & looks.

In terms of the interiors space aveo is good and gives out ample space to both the front & back passengers.

I have not driven aveo, but did tried out the gear shifts which didn't impressed me at all as it was a longer shift and NHC leads in this manner.

I would surely go for a test drive of aveo and will give you the specs for the same.

But, surely NHC beware!!!

Gagan
Old 5th April 2006, 16:58   #37
BHPian

AVEO it is because the specs speak for themselves. Honda City has been overpriced and they have been justifying that till now by using the Honda Brand.

-Sumit
Old 5th April 2006, 18:20   #38
BHPian

although the power and torque very similar to that of the fiesta ... the aveo is unable to put up similar performance figures ... though its more than enough to blow away the city zx ... interiors are pretty good too. gr8 VFM ... being slightly bigger than the fiesta means a tad more space ... dump the jap for the korean-american .

p.s: what i don't like ... is the clunky gearshift ... just like the optra's.

Last edited by Fiero : 5th April 2006 at 18:22.
Old 7th April 2006, 13:31   #39
mxx
BHPian

if zxi vtec comes with some more safety features like ABS, i would chose it.
Old 9th April 2006, 17:54   #40
BHPian

Aveo offers more for your money, why go in for a monopolistic company like Honda, that too without ABS, safety and less power, just for the FE and for the brand of Honda and more boot space. Are you buying a car for comfort or for moving around your luggage? When driven properly and carefully, even Aveo is going to last long too. Besides Indians are soon going to come out of the better FE factor. Aveo's interiors are also quite good looking and appealing. The only factor most of them target is the Korean make, but it's design is Italian and Italians design one of the best cars in the world.

Besides many NHC owners who bought the NHC in the last 2-3 months must be moaning seeing the Aveo, I am sure.

However Technologies change too soon. Soon I feel that Hybrid cars in the coming years will challenge the petro / diesel cars. Moreover newer technologies may have more to offer like Hydro Oxygen. Think for a span of max 3-4 years only.
Old 9th April 2006, 18:20   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan
But, surely NHC beware!!!
Ford have turned in impressive sales figures for March (still nowhere near the big manufacturers, but an 80% increase over last March). I wonder how many bookings GM have got too.

I would love to see Honda's sales figures for March, just to understand whether the market has actually grown to accomodate two (and a half, as the Aveo launch was late) brands, or has Honda's market share shrunk?

The City is Honda's only large-volume car in the market. It will be interesting to see how they hit back, because they cannot afford to lose half their sales once the Aveo and the Fiesta hit the same market. Ford still has the Ikon and GM can fall back on Tavera and Optra sales to a certain extent - Honda cannot expect drastic increases in Accord sales to keep their bottomline intact.

EDIT: I just got my answers

@ ET
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1474827.cms

Honda Siel Cars India (HSCI) on Monday said its sales grew by 19 per cent in March at 6,120 units.

The company said sales in the year ending March 31, 2006, stood at 42,727, a year-on-year growth of 14 per cent. This included 37,545 units of the flagship 'City' sedan.

HSCI said a total of 5,466 units of the City were sold in March while it sold 507 units of the luxury 'Accord' and 147 units of the SUV 'CR-V'.

And at the Hindu Business Line
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...0403500200.htm

A Ford India press release said the company sold 5,929 units in March 2006, an 83 per cent jump over the sales in the same month last year. The Ikon sold about a 1,000 cars in March 2006, while the balance came from Fiesta, and Fusion, Endeavour and Mondeo. In financial year 2005-06, Ford India sold 28,865 vehicles (five models), a 6 per cent increase over the 27,259 vehicles (four models) sold last year.

AND at the Hindustan Times
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...0,00020010.htm

General Motors India said on Monday that it achieved 16 per cent growth in sales in March 2006 at 4,070 units, which includes 1,395 units of the newly-launched 'Chevrolet Aveo'.

Round 1 to the Indian Consumer, then! The market has grown from about 5000 units a month to about 10000, even if it is last month of the Financial Year

Last edited by Steeroid : 9th April 2006 at 18:36.
Old 10th April 2006, 14:09   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech
Besides Indians are soon going to come out of the better FE factor.
I hope not. You make it sound as if there is something wrong in desiring fuel efficient cars. Crude is a non-replenishable resource and the way we are using it, it will barely last a couple of decades or so. I firmly believe that it should not be wasted and infact all efforts should be taken to use it judiciously. If you have an option of getting a car which stacks well against the competition on most attributes and on top of that gives you better FE, what's wrong - its a bonus actually which you will feel grateful for every time you fuel up.
A few years ago (before crude prices began spiralling), Americans never bothered about FE because gas was dirt cheap at around 1.5$ a gallon. Once they got hit with prices like 4 to 4.5$ per gallon, they understood the impact. They started moving to more FE vehicles / hybrids, sales of trucks fell and heck, even scooter sales increased in the US as they started using it for short distance travel.
There is nothing to be ashamed of in conserving and avoiding wastage of resources (not just fuel, but even water, electricity, paper, food etc). Infact, it is something to be proud of.
Old 10th April 2006, 14:41   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
So whats it gonna be? Not like i am buying any of them but I am sure this is gonna confuse several as most of us find these car ugly from the outside, nice from the inside.
Pick you choice for overall better package.
My observations.....Aveo 1.4 LS (7.3 lakhs OTR) v/s NHC ZX Exi (7.6 lakhs OTR)

Aveo 1.4 LS :
Strengths : Ground clearance, Suspension, Ride quality, Handling & control, Interiors [b'coz we are comparing against NCH Exi for similar price]

NHC ZX EXi :
Strengths : FE, AC, Seating comfort

You can make the pick based on your priorities of the features.
Old 10th April 2006, 15:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Ford have turned in impressive sales figures for March (still nowhere near the big manufacturers, but an 80% increase over last March). I wonder how many bookings GM have got too.

And at the Hindu Business Line
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...0403500200.htm

A Ford India press release said the company sold 5,929 units in March 2006, an 83 per cent jump over the sales in the same month last year. The Ikon sold about a 1,000 cars in March 2006, while the balance came from Fiesta, and Fusion, Endeavour and Mondeo. In financial year 2005-06, Ford India sold 28,865 vehicles (five models), a 6 per cent increase over the 27,259 vehicles (four models) sold last year.
They also cleared the backlog of Fiesta bookings which is probably why Feb & March showed up as big numbers. We'll have to see if this still holds a few months from now when the supply situation has stabilised!
Old 10th April 2006, 17:19   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Round 1 to the Indian Consumer, then! The market has grown from about 5000 units a month to about 10000, even if it is last month of the Financial Year
Its really great to see that the market has expanded enough to accomodate all the new players - there is a lot more growth left over here, and there is still no clear winner (In a way thats great, because it allows people freedom of choice)

However, what happened to the sale of the older models - namely the accent and the baleno - surely they might have taken some hit from these new kids on the block ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks