Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2006, 19:18   #31
BHPian

hey busa - dont know what you've got against the NHC, but you always seem very grumpy about it in all your posts - frankly, your rants are getting pretttty boring by now .....

why dont you consolidate all your grievances against the NHC and put in a separate thread for all to see

and btw - that mock conversation is unbelievable as nowadays every tom, dick and harry seems to having an NHC

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 24th March 2006 at 19:20.
Old 24th March 2006, 21:18   #32
BHPian

The aveo does indeed seem to be a good buy....I just hope I can get the loyalty bonus
Can't wait to be back in Chennai and take a test -ride
I hopw irt does live up to my expectations
Old 24th March 2006, 22:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
AVEO runs on 14. Also Optra (Korean) handles better then a Corolla(Japanese) though they both run on 15inchers.
Optra Runs on 14 Inches bro.
Old 24th March 2006, 23:08   #34
BHPian

Today I went to Ford and Chevy showrooms for test drive. Entire ford showroom is empty just one person sitting idle, I asked him for test drive of Fiesta he simply said "Sir I am alone this time pls drop your card we will send car to your office for test drive" but till end of the day no one is called me.

After that I visited GM showromm, there is warm responce from front desk excutive and introduced to sales manager before I took test drive.
In my IMHO Aveo is good in interiers and I cant sit comfortably in back seat of Fiesta (Iam 6.1)

Ride quality of Aveo is good but I cant say about Fiesta because not yet driven.

As per Chevy sales men Aveo has battery saver option it will shut down all the lights after some time after switch off the engine. Power windows will work for 30sec after removal of key. Wheelbase of fiest and aveo is same but bigger than NHC.

I am aslo planning to upgrade to C seg car, just started taking test drives of my choices, I will ask you all after completing my test drives for final decision.
Old 24th March 2006, 23:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri_009
As per Chevy sales men Aveo has battery saver option it will shut down all the lights after some time after switch off the engine. Power windows will work for 30sec after removal of key. Wheelbase of fiest and aveo is same but bigger than NHC.
You have same in fiesta too. It also have battery saver and it also turns of lights automatically if left on by mistake.
Old 24th March 2006, 23:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
Optra Runs on 14 Inches bro.
Nah your wrong buddy. 1.8LT has 15inchers as an option availablefor Rs. 18K.

These are the ones which also came on the Design Edition (Limited)

Goldie Nothing against NHC just wish the brakes where better and the tyres wider like in the Malysian versions.

Quote:
You have same in fiesta too. It also have battery saver and it also turns of lights automatically if left on by mistake.
All this is common in most of the cars nowadays, Optra too has it. Once you remove the key the car headlamps will go by default to Parking Lights. Anyways these are minor things. Main things which the Fiesta lacks and lacks big time is Dual SRS airbags and beige interiors. Otherwise i would love a Fiesta but they just go wrong in somewhere.

Last edited by BUSA : 24th March 2006 at 23:21.
Old 25th March 2006, 19:14   #37
BHPian

My two cents
Yesterday got a chance to test drive Aveo 1.6 Fully loaded. The interior is good and comparable to optra with many similarity. The instrument panel is also good (visibility while driving). In comparison to fiesta, the suspension seems a bit better, but with in all five people seated the pick up after quick breaking was not that quick and peppy , as compared to fiesta.

The car got Optra class pickup , and very good road grip feel in good speed.
its a comfort car in other words a meant for enjoying being driven than self driving like fiesta.

Its my view, others will sure have different views
Old 27th March 2006, 12:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri_009
As per Chevy sales men Aveo has battery saver option it will shut down all the lights after some time after switch off the engine.
The fiesta has it too....
Old 27th March 2006, 13:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Also, it's Korean, not Chinese. Big difference.
Actually we should stop looking down on the Chinese too.
Old 27th March 2006, 15:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Main things which the Fiesta lacks and lacks big time is ......beige interiors. Otherwise i would love a Fiesta but they just go wrong in somewhere.
You've seen the SXI right? Leather seats....beige?
Old 27th March 2006, 19:54   #41
BHPian

IMHO, The Hyundai Elantra and the Cheverolet Optra 1.6 are head and shoulders above either the Fiesta or the Aveo. Still if i was in your place then my perogative for the mentioned cars would be as follows

1. Cheverolet Optra 1.6(great car which feels much more expensive than it actually is).

2. Hyundai Elantra - Great VFM, comfy rear seats, Superb Engine atleast the Diesel CRDI.

3. Cheverolet Aveo - IMHO, a perfect all-rounder, but looks more like a younger brother of the Optra.

4. Ford Fiesta - Well, what do i say......mmmmmmmmm..... Sorry dont like the car one bit!!!!!!!

Go for the Optra man, it rocks..........

Cheers
Old 27th March 2006, 20:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Prince - except I am more than slightly inclined towards the Elantra CRDi...

BY GOD that nose has also started growing on me!!
Old 28th March 2006, 04:55   #43
BHPian

Quote:
1. Cheverolet Optra 1.6(great car which feels much more expensive than it actually is).
I have driven a friend's new VGIS Optra 1.6 coupleof times in the city and on one long drive from chennai- Pondicherry.....

I have absolutely no complaints against the car....awesome stability and poise...Best in class supension (better than the corsa, and that's saying a lot)
very nice interiors ... and pretty OK pickup and performance
However, a) I find it a little too big (esp. For a single guy living alone)
b) the FE leaves a little room for desire

Though I'd love to say (like many other folks here) that the FE doesn't matter but I'm a salaried guy and need to keep a check on big fixed expensess like fuel bills....
After alll what's the point in having a nice car if you have to think twice before heading out for a spin in it for the heck of it

Anyway, I have time till mid-April as that's when get back to Chennai...Hopefully a couple of test-rides should help clear my doubts...
Meanwhile, do keep the opinions pouring in

Last edited by abhi182 : 28th March 2006 at 04:57.
Old 28th March 2006, 12:52   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Actually we should stop looking down on the Chinese too.
Heh. I don't look down on them bro. Was just pointing out that there's a big difference between Chinese and Korean. People who don't know better tend to club all Orientals together, which is far from accurate.

And now back to our topic...
Old 28th March 2006, 13:48   #45
BHPian

Abhibh,

I think it is high time you do a test drive of all your prospects. Suggest you include Lancer also in that. Thats one graceful looking car, in any color.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks