Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2017, 14:36   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chauffeur-driven / Comfortable Sedan under Rs. 10 Lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Thanks. I am suggesting the following to my sister / BIL to TD:
1. Etios Platinum GXD (has basic features and the airbags etc.)
2. Swift Dzire 2017 VDI (Within budget but is a 4 seater... so they may pass on this one but worth a TD).
3. Ford Aspire 1.5D Trend MT (Ticks all boxes but reliability is an unknown and does not have a taxi image. Also I have to have a Ford in the list )
4. Swift S-Cross (based on recent mentions... am doubtful they will consider it as they want a sedate, non-attention grabbing vehicle but who knows!).

If they don't like any of these, have suggested the Zest.

Thanks much for helping with this list. (attaching a basic Excel that I used in case anyone else finds it useful / points out any error etc.)
Honestly speaking - the S Cross feels a little sturdier than the other vehicles in the list. Next up would be the Toyota that feels a little flimsy but the safety ratings are quite decent compared to competitors.

In terms of maintenance - the 1.3D is quite reliable and used in a lot more vehicles than the Toyota 1.4D, so I wouldn't expect many issues to crop up that would lead to high service bills.
Our S-Cross has only done 13Kkm compared to the 45Kkm on the Etios, and apart from a clutch change on the Etios (pure city vehicle) - the car has been very reliable!

In terms of interior space for 5 people - the S Cross feels a little wider than the Etios, but not a big difference. Both of these cars can handle all types of roads, and even take abuse from the driver quite well.

I would suggest the S Cross first (very understated due to smaller size), then Etios for a family vehicle.
The Swift Dzire is a new comer and though looks promising - safety, and build would be below par.
Figo Aspire has poor rear headroom IIRC and width is a little less than the S-Cross & Etios from my recent experience with it.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 19:47   #167
BHPian

Re: Chauffeur-driven / Comfortable Sedan under Rs. 10 Lakh

Hello folks.. just to report back. Sis and BIL did a TD of 1 or 2 cars every other weekend as much as their schedule would allow them (both are docs and not too keen on cars actually). They have shortlisted the Etios and Figo Aspire.

Apparently in Chennai the Etios Diesel base variant comes close to 9.2L whereas the Figo Aspire Titanium is almost a lakh cheaper. The S-Cross, my folks found it to be a bit crowded at the back - 2 adults + 1 kid whereas the Etios and Aspire could seat 3 adults. Mom also found it a bit a difficult it seems to get in and out of the S-Cross. So it is now between the two. Thanks for all the inputs.
Nimz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 05:06   #168
BHPian

If it is Chennai, I believe it has to be Toyota. I had an excellent experience with Harsha Toyota. Etios is a "fill it -shut it - forget it" type of vehicle. Spares and maintenance is cheap. Since they are doctors and do not know much about cars, I feel Etios makes more sense.

My best wishes for whatever choice it may be.

Edit:- Forgot about resale value, which is always higher for a Toyota.

Last edited by arunramaswamy : 2nd August 2017 at 05:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks