Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: Which of these sibling variants (diesel) would you choose?
Nissan Sunny XL 25 16.23%
Renault Scala RxL 13 8.44%
Nissan Sunny XV 35 22.73%
Renault Scala RxZ 39 25.32%
None of these, some other car 42 27.27%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2012, 11:20   #31
BHPian

Re: Renault Scala vs Nissan Sunny : Choosing between the siblings

BHPians,
Any Sunny owners in this discussion? Need some feedback on the vehicle, the A.S.S and everything else in general.
I've test driven it and liked it, more from a stability and rear-seat comfort perspective. Am not a speed demon, so, would not be driving at speeds of 120+ anyway - more for a family driving.

I've also evaluated the Rapid, Vento and the City. IMHO, the City's performance and drive-ability was better than the Vento. Also, have heard a lot of horror stories of Skoda's A.S.S from some owners - again not sure if its a common phenomenon these days.

Any suggestions on which is the best car for a family use? Am more inclined towards the Sunny, but would appreciate some more gyaan to make a better choice.
Old 27th September 2012, 17:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

I picked Sunny Dsl XV yesterday. I was looking for a VFM family sedan and Sunnny fits the bill perfectly for me. Looked at Scala, Rapid (worried about maintenance), Vento (Expensive for my budget & also high maintenance costs).

I was looking for a long term keeper (read > 5 yearss).

I find the driveability in city to be very good. As already mentioned in other reviews, 3rd gear is like driving automatic. The cons for me are dull interiors, less storage space for it's size, no driver arm rest.
Old 27th September 2012, 22:18   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SujAce
BHPians,
Any Sunny owners in this discussion? Need some feedback on the vehicle, the A.S.S and everything else in general.
I've test driven it and liked it, more from a stability and rear-seat comfort perspective. Am not a speed demon, so, would not be driving at speeds of 120+ anyway - more for a family driving.

I've also evaluated the Rapid, Vento and the City. IMHO, the City's performance and drive-ability was better than the Vento. Also, have heard a lot of horror stories of Skoda's A.S.S from some owners - again not sure if its a common phenomenon these days.

Any suggestions on which is the best car for a family use? Am more inclined towards the Sunny, but would appreciate some more gyaan to make a better choice.
I haven't serviced the sunny yet but from what you described I think the sunny suits your requirements quite well. (I'm assuming you're considering diesel). It has excellent in-city drivability and if you're not heavy footed on the accelerator then the drive is rewarding till at least 120/130 kmph. The ride quality is excellent, the steering is light and although its not ford sporty by a long shot, it's not too bad for the sedate driver, the space inside is awesome although the under thigh support on rear seats is slightly under par. Quality overall is acceptable (not outstanding) and the interiors pleasing. Ergonomics are great. Variants are very well kitted out.

Happy to give more details if you have any very specific queries.

Cheers
Old 27th September 2012, 22:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SujAce View Post
Are you looking for petrol or diesel?
Old 27th September 2012, 23:30   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I haven't serviced the sunny yet but from what you described I think the sunny suits your requirements quite well. (I'm assuming you're considering diesel).
Sorry, forgot to mention it - was looking out for Petrol since my weekly drive would be abt 40-50 kms.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th January 2013 at 00:46.
Old 28th September 2012, 07:34   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SujAce

Sorry, forgot to mention it - was looking out for Petrol since my weekly drive would be abt 40-50 kms.
Haven't driven the petrol sunny so no view on it but I'd pick the honda city from that list any day. I own a city in the house so can recommend fro personal experience
Old 13th October 2012, 09:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

It seems like from the poll the Sunny XV is at this point of time voted more than its nearest alternative XL and the top end Scala RxZ in second. Not sure why it is so as it does not seem to offer that kind of value for the extra bucks paid.

IMO and from what GTO mentioned as well XV just has the Keyless start button and some small upgrades over XL

Last edited by girishglg : 13th October 2012 at 09:19.
Old 6th January 2013, 04:54   #38
BHPian

Scala RxL Vs Sunny XL :

15 inch alloys and tires (I prefer the scala's alloys than sunny's - plain jane)
Fine vision meters for scala VS the 2001 Corolla type meters in Sunny.

Small tweak in the Gears, Suspension, steering and most importantly the brakes for Scala over the Sunny - a scala thread started by a Renault- Nissan employee mentions so.

Looks of Scala - Subjective.

60K premium over the Sunny Xl is worth it, IMO. may be a 10-15K over priced.

Last edited by revv_maniac : 6th January 2013 at 05:19.
revv_maniac is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed