Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2006, 13:31   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
You are so right. I completely agree with you. In last 1.5 year, I never required a rear wiper. All I need is rear defogger, which is there on my EL model.
Hi RX 135,

Can you tell me how much mileage are you getting? And how happy are you with your car?

Cheers
Old 14th June 2006, 13:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer
Hi RX 135, Can you tell me how much mileage are you getting? And how happy are you with your car? Cheers
Mileage I get will have no real meaning for you, since driving style/traffic/route changes it drastically. I get around 12+ kmpl for my home to office 13 km commute. On highway, I get between 14-16 kmpl with intermittent a/c. But unless I drive another car on exactly same route, I wont be able to compare it with Petra. I am obviously a happy and satisfied Fiat customer till date
Old 14th June 2006, 14:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Mileage I get will have no real meaning for you, since driving style/traffic/route changes it drastically. I get around 12+ kmpl for my home to office 13 km commute. On highway, I get between 14-16 kmpl with intermittent a/c. But unless I drive another car on exactly same route, I wont be able to compare it with Petra. I am obviously a happy and satisfied Fiat customer till date
I agree that style/route/traffic affects mileage adversly. i was just trying to get the worst mileage it can give. I assume that it should not go below 8. What do you think?

I cannot comment on my style (I feel it is not the best). Traffic/route are not as bad as Mumbai/delhi/B'lore.
Old 14th June 2006, 16:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree that style/route/traffic affects mileage adversly. i was just trying to get the worst mileage it can give. I assume that it should not go below 8. What do you think?

I cannot comment on my style (I feel it is not the best). Traffic/route are not as bad as Mumbai/delhi/B'lore.
My cousin in Delhi has a Palio S10 which has the same engine as teh petra. Most times he drives as though he is colin McRae on a WRC Special Stage. So I can safely assume that his mileage is probably the worst u can expect from this engine. the worst he has got till date is 8.5 KPL. factor in the extra weight of teh Petra and u could look at 8. But u have to keep in mind that this is a figure for when u invariable redline the car in each gear and use techniques likeleft foot braking and heel-n-toe.

for normal drive with AC u can safely expect 10-11 in city.

Once I took his S10 from delhi to jaipur (straight road for about 200 K dual carriageway with divider, billiard table like surface) with speeds between 100-130 AC on 100% and got 15 KPL.

hope this helps

Cheers

Himanshu
Old 14th June 2006, 16:15   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
My cousin in Delhi has a Palio S10 which has the same engine as teh petra. Most times he drives as though he is colin McRae on a WRC Special Stage. So I can safely assume that his mileage is probably the worst u can expect from this engine. the worst he has got till date is 8.5 KPL. factor in the extra weight of teh Petra and u could look at 8. But u have to keep in mind that this is a figure for when u invariable redline the car in each gear and use techniques likeleft foot braking and heel-n-toe.

for normal drive with AC u can safely expect 10-11 in city.

Once I took his S10 from delhi to jaipur (straight road for about 200 K dual carriageway with divider, billiard table like surface) with speeds between 100-130 AC on 100% and got 15 KPL.

hope this helps

Cheers

Himanshu
Thanks Himanshu. Certainly makes me feel better. I just wanted somebody from hyderabad who owns Petra (which will sort out A** also).
Old 14th June 2006, 16:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

AS regards A.S.S., check if the Tata dealer in Hyd services Fiat ( I am guessing they do).

there is one member here who is full of praises for his tata dealer in hyd. unfortunately, cant remember the name of the member or the dealer :(
Old 14th June 2006, 16:53   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
AS regards A.S.S., check if the Tata dealer in Hyd services Fiat ( I am guessing they do).
I guess they should. Atleast one near my office confirmed this.

Quote:
there is one member here who is full of praises for his tata dealer in hyd. unfortunately, cant remember the name of the member or the dealer :(
I am going to Concorde (Tata Authorised Service Centre) for about 15 months now (Own a Indica DLX 2003 model). Though they are not bad, i don;t know how they will handle Fiat cars. And they are always busy with so many Indicas (not to mention indicabs). I know some people there and will take there opinion before i decide.

Thanks for your help.
Old 14th June 2006, 16:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

must be zappo - he has an Indica.
Old 14th June 2006, 16:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
What are the service intervals for Petra? Tried to find it on Fiat website but as usual they don't have this basic information.
Old 19th June 2006, 16:45   #55
BHPian

Thanks Guys. I have finally decided on Petra. Talking to dealer about the final discount. He has offered me free insurance (22k) for ELX 2006 BSIII model. Do you think this is a good offer? Can somebody get me some quotes outside Hyderabad?

Thanks again for your inputs.
Old 19th June 2006, 17:19   #56
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, windsurfer. Thats a nice car from what I see on tbhp, though I personally have zilch experience with Fiat. Enjoy the ride.
Old 19th June 2006, 17:21   #57
BHPian

fantastic decision. congratulations!

here in Mumbai, Anuroop, a Fiat dealer is offering 50k (i think the finance part of the discount is 25k). You can call them on the phone and check out. Nos. are (022)28759041 to 9047

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repos...sh-skin-custom

M
Old 19th June 2006, 17:27   #58
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Windsurfer for your great choice! Am sure you will enjoy driving Fiat Petra!
Yep, the Free Insurance offer is a good one, after all you save 22 grands!
Old 19th June 2006, 18:07   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys. I have finally decided on Petra.
BTW, how do the interiors of the Petra compare with the competition (especially with the ones you had shortlisted) ?
Old 19th June 2006, 18:19   #60
Senior - BHPian

Thats a gr8 decision Welcome to FIAT owners family... Join us at : paliousersgroup@yahoogroups.com

New Petra has some good features, once you get it through, please post pictures .

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 NV Sport/Silver frost/AND IT ROCKS !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks