Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2006, 22:51   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram
Do we bathe with India's best selling soap?
It's Lifebuoy's red carbolic acid (phenol) soap!
The most people are highly allergic to phenol.

Do you buy a clothing size or type, just because that size or type sells the most?
?

Btw i think of fiesta & aveo ,fiesta is a better pick as i hate the way aveo looks & also i like the interior of fiesta.the all beige interior of aveo can get dirty easier in my place (Kerala).Only setback with fiesta would be the rear seat space.But for a car good @ everything you always do have the B****O
Old 24th June 2006, 23:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram
Do we bathe with India's best selling soap?
It's Lifebuoy's red carbolic acid (phenol) soap!
The most people are highly allergic to phenol.

Do you buy a clothing size or type, just because that size or type sells the most?
wat was that?was it anyhow remotely connected with the topic??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram

Best seller doesn't mean anything!
Aston Martins and Rolls-Royces are the world's worst sellers!
Aston martins and rolls-royces are never ment to be sold as mass products or best sellers,they hav a seperate niche segment. I think you are quite intelligent enough to figure that out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram
And btw,
The best selling car in India by volume is the dimunitive Maruti 800.
I think we are talking about C segment best sellers..

[/quote]

Last edited by speedbuster : 24th June 2006 at 23:19.
Old 25th June 2006, 02:44   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
wat was that?was it anyhow remotely connected with the topic??

Aston martins and rolls-royces are never ment to be sold as mass products or best sellers,they hav a seperate niche segment. I think you are quite intelligent enough to figure that out.
I think we are talking about C segment best sellers..
[/quote]

tch tch...speedbuster is at it again.....
Old 25th June 2006, 09:55   #49
BHPian

BTW, is there a significant difference in terms of FE offered by either the Aveo or the Fiesta???

Last edited by prince85 : 25th June 2006 at 10:13.
Old 25th June 2006, 10:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
Rule is simple,
If a car is good, it WILL sell
else... it wont.
Not necessarily my friend, Not necessarily!
Old 26th June 2006, 09:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram
My honest advice: Ignore commercial magazine recommendations and drive all three cars for 100 km straight on the expressway and on twisting ghat roads. You will have a clear answer!
And did you Ram....? Drive all three for 100 kms etc etc before you passed judgement I meant?
Old 26th June 2006, 10:19   #52
BHPian

well now the worst rear of the award will go to AVEO with those pathetic tail lamps. they actually make the baleno look wonderful
Old 26th June 2006, 11:38   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
well now the worst rear of the award will go to AVEO with those pathetic tail lamps. they actually make the baleno look wonderful
err Idisagree even though am Baleno fan, Besides space, comfortable seating, awesome AC & a Gem of an engine, Baleno doesnt fare good in any ither department viz exterior looks & interiors.

Anyways I thinkdragging baleno in this thread is not right because thsi thread is about comparing Aveo to Fiesta. So we should let it be this way.
Old 26th June 2006, 13:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Every time someone starts a topic about other cars, Baleno owners on the forum feel compelled to jump in and say "Baleno, Baleno, ok sorry for going off topic, Baleno". Why??!
Agreed Baleno is a good car for certain people, but does it HAVE to be brought up in every single thread, even when it is not relevant?
@Boom Shiva, you have a point there. There is no need to bring in a car that is not relevant to the thread.
In this case, the thread title clearly indicates that the discussion is about the Aveo / Fiesta and how they fare w.r.t. each other. But in the 1st post itself, the creator also brought in the Baleno and maybe that was why others took on from there. Whatever, be the provocation, let's keep the Baleno out of this and look at discussing the merits of the Aveo/Fiesta.
Old 26th June 2006, 14:08   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani

sorry man, coudn't control myself..

If you wanna knw how good baleno's rear looks, check "Baleno-IRL" thread..
Old 27th June 2006, 11:50   #56
BHPian

A lot of people have been talking about looks of these cars, but I have to say, (and I do think there just might be a few who think along my lines) that both the Aveo and the Fiesta (the Fiesta more than the Aveo) look very narrow and tall. In spite of its backside, I prefer the Baleno and even the Petra, for that matter, if you go by looks. A three box car has to have that solid sitting-squarely-on-the-road look.
Old 27th June 2006, 12:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

Drove Both the Aveo's and the 1.6 Fiesta. Liked the Fiesta 1.6 best. Surprisingly the Aveo 1.6 did not seem much different from the Aveo 1.4 in terms of performance. Looks part is always a matter of Debate (I liked the Aveo more) hence we should never judge a book by its cover. But if I had to be in one of these cars, it would be the Fiesta 1.6.
Old 27th June 2006, 12:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg
A lot of people have been talking about looks of these cars, but I have to say, (and I do think there just might be a few who think along my lines) that both the Aveo and the Fiesta (the Fiesta more than the Aveo) look very narrow and tall.
Agree with you as far as the looks of these two cars are concerned - they look kind of smaller than what they actually are. Kind of like the Corsa, Ikon when compared to the biggies in the C-segment. There are not many Aveos to be seen on the road here in Chennai (or maybe I miss them due to the confusing similarity with the Optra), but of what I saw, they do not have looks that stand out. There are quite some Fiestas here, but again, the increase in height results in them looking smaller. So, with the exit of the OHC, Lancer etc, the C-segment as of now has no car that can really be called a looker. Maybe some new releases (Verna et. al.) might change that, hopefully.
Old 27th June 2006, 13:56   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
@Boom Shiva, you have a point there. There is no need to bring in a car that is not relevant to the thread.
In this case, the thread title clearly indicates that the discussion is about the Aveo / Fiesta and how they fare w.r.t. each other. But in the 1st post itself, the creator also brought in the Baleno and maybe that was why others took on from there. Whatever, be the provocation, let's keep the Baleno out of this and look at discussing the merits of the Aveo/Fiesta.
I bring the Baleno into the picture cozi own one and am keeping it as the bench mark. My next car would have to be at least as good, if not better than my present one and sorry to say, seem that both the Fiesta and the Aveo don't match up as far as performance goes.
Maybe should start saving up for the Civic now... (Sweet Dreams)
Old 27th June 2006, 14:14   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon
My next car would have to be at least as good, if not better than my present one and sorry to say, seem that both the Fiesta and the Aveo don't match up as far as performance goes.
Well, now you know.
And, maybe you ought to have started saving sometime ago itself, because the Civic is already at our doors. Anyway, better late than never.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks