Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2017, 18:06   #31
BHPian

Re: Pre-owned BMW 320d, pre-owned Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI, or brand new Octavia 1.8 TSI DSG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hema4saran View Post
Congratulations man!! Finally your heart won and got your hands on the Bimmer .
I am wishing you lot of happy miles ahead and I hope this car will serve you for a long time ahead!!. All black interiors?
Thank You hema4saran. Yes, All black interiors. I took delivery of the car on Sunday, 5th November. Although the dealer had polished it before delivery I have given the car today a car detailer close to where I live in Kandivali East - Bombay. (PMP - Car Detailing Services). I am getting it polished and having the interiors cleaned up to get that new car feel.

When it comes to pictures of the interiors. The black interiors look much much better in real compared to seeing them in pictures. I'll see if I can get some good shots.
RajBajwa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 13:41   #32
BHPian

Re: Pre-owned BMW 320d, pre-owned Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI, or brand new Octavia 1.8 TSI DSG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
Finally I found something and got her home yesterday. I would like to thank all the members who contributed to the thread and had recommendations on the car to buy. Naming them here. VW2010, GTO, n.devdath, IshaanIan, Turbanator, Epic, Esma1981, Durango Dude, nileshdias, ajmat and of course a Big Thank you to Akshay1234. I also consulted friends whom I have made through Tbhp. Esma1981 and Swapzone.
Congratulations Raj! Wishing you miles and miles of happy motoring. I'm glad that you went with your heart and got what you ultimat3ly wanted.
Old 10th November 2017, 00:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Congratulations Raj! Wishing you miles and miles of happy motoring. I'm glad that you went with your heart and got what you ultimat3ly wanted.

Thank You Esma! Yes, Ultimat3// Joy has a new meaning.
Old 13th November 2018, 21:48   #34

Quote:
Thank You Esma! Yes, Ultimat3// Joy has a new meaning.

How has this worked out so far? any maintenance issues you have had to face? Any major replacements?
Old 16th November 2018, 19:37   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeip View Post
How has this worked out so far? any maintenance issues you have had to face? Any major replacements?
Hi Sandeip,

Knocking on wood as I type this. Experience has been good so far. I have clocked about 7000 kms in a year. I took it to the Infinity BMW Service Center for the scheduled oil change in June of this year. The next service is that of front brake pad replacement which I should do in a month.

Other than the regular servicing the other expense has that been of tyres. One of the tyres developed a side wall damage with a bulge. I changed the set of two tyres with Bridgestone Potenza Tubeless ones which cost me Rs. 10628 a piece. I need to spend an extra 22K in getting the remaining 2 RFTs replaced.

The car will be completing 5 years in December. I am not sure about the life of the original battery but I am guessing it should be in the 5 – 5.5 year range. I am prepared for that expense of changing the battery. The original AGM Gel Type battery along with coding at the BMW Service Center should cost roughly about Rs. 45000.

Thanks,

Raj Bajwa
RajBajwa is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 10:22   #36
BHPian

This thread is something like I was written for me today then. I am with same thoughts and mind. I currently own 2 cars, Mahindra E2o for city rides and Scorpio for long rides. I've quenched my thirst with Scorpio and had to give it away to experience what market can offer for the budget I can afford. Exact same table from @RajBajwa is applicable to me. The facelift version of Octavia 1.8TSI looks great and the test drive of it is top.

My friends are suggesting to explore Audi A4/BMW pre-owned. But the general feedback on german makes is longevity of their engines. Now that you are a happy owner of BMW 320D, I think I should explore that.

At the same time I was trying to read the maintenance experience of Both 1.8TSI and 2.0TDI from Octavio post warranty. I will need to explore that in ownership review of Octavia for that.

Thank you @RajBajwa for speaking out my heart and helping me make a decision now.
abacusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 16:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
This thread is something like I was written for me today then. I am with same thoughts and mind.

Thank you @RajBajwa for speaking out my heart and helping me make a decision now.
Thanks! I guess the beauty of lateral upgrades is that you can enjoy a car from couple of segments above in your budget. There’s a separate thread on that topic.

The only thing with buying a used car is that one needs to be extremely patient. It’s a long drawn process in finding the right car and we often get tempted in buying the first car that we see as the choices are few especially with the limitations of car model, vintage, kms driven, colour of the car and most importantly the state of the car and how well maintained it is.

Be patient and buy the car which will make you happy.

I am stealing a line from some one else’s ownership thread but I did tell myself that when I got the Beemer.

If not now then when???
RajBajwa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 23:09   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Be patient and buy the car which will make you happy.

I am stealing a line from some one else’s ownership thread but I did tell myself that when I got the Beemer.

If not now then when???
True. Thanks for the reply. I made the decision and got the Octavia home couple of days back. I've been just blindly driving and observing for any unusual. So far nothing, 58K driven 2015 model well maintained both internally(very minor damages though) and externally. No complaints on performance and suspension.
abacusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 16:01   #39
BHPian

Quote:
True. Thanks for the reply. I made the decision and got the Octavia home couple of days back. I've been just blindly driving and observing for any unusual. So far nothing, 58K driven 2015 model well maintained both internally(very minor damages though) and externally. No complaints on performance and suspension.
Congratulations. Excellent car. When it comes to cars which hit the sweet spot with driving enthusiasts in India there are very few cars out there. I do feel the Octavia is one of the top choices for some one who loves to drive. Enjoy the car! All the best!

Best,

Raj Bajwa
Old 30th December 2018, 19:48   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. Excellent car. When it comes to cars which hit the sweet spot with driving enthusiasts in India there are very few cars out there. I do feel the Octavia is one of the top choices for some one who loves to drive. Enjoy the car! All the best!
Thank you! Have driven about 500 odd km, did not get a chance to take it long drive yet. But every time the drive is smooth and pleasant.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi!

Can you share some more details about the car, price, transmission. I am on a similar boat and am not finding too many used examples here in Kolkata. Thanks.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16:32   #42
BHPian

I may not want to discuss the costing as it varies from seller to seller. You can however check the market price in cartrade. I’m not sure what other specific information you are looking for.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16:35   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi!

Can you share some more details about the car, price, transmission. I am on a similar boat and am not finding too many used examples here in Kolkata. Thanks.
Hi Pancham, the Octavia is a great car. However, I wouldn't want to own one in Kolkata.

To elaborate, Skodas are complex albeit fantastic products and their ownership experience is greatly affected by service support. I had owned an RS (1st gen manual 150 bhp variant) in Kolkata. The dealership (Jia Motors) there was a joke with almost nil tech know-how on the car.So much so that I made up my mind never to own a Skoda again. Fact is Kolkata has very low sales of Octavias, and should yours break down, they wouldn't have a clue on diagnosis,repair, etc. should it be a complex issue.

My experience in Mumbai with Skoda has been completely different. There 3-4 service centres with trained mechs and they do know their stuff. Makes owning a complex car much more stress-free.

Last edited by octane1002 : 2nd January 2019 at 16:38.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16:47   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Hi Pancham, the Octavia is a great car. However, I wouldn't want to own one in Kolkata.

To elaborate, Skodas are complex albeit fantastic products and their ownership experience is greatly affected by service support. I had owned an RS (1st gen manual 150 bhp variant) in Kolkata. The dealership (Jia Motors) there was a joke with almost nil tech know-how on the car.So much so that I made up my mind never to own a Skoda again. Fact is Kolkata has very low sales of Octavias, and should yours break down, they wouldn't have a clue on diagnosis,repair, etc. should it be a complex issue.

My experience in Mumbai with Skoda has been completely different. There 3-4 service centres with trained mechs and they do know their stuff. Makes owning a complex car much more stress-free.
Hi Octane. Yes I do remember your RS. I believe you had put up a thread back then.

The thing is I have been staying away from Skoda all these years exactly for the same reasons. However, the scene has changed significantly now. We have a new showroom here in Kolkata. Jia has shut shop and is no more in the scene.

My quest for an Octavia is two-fold since I am also looking to purchase one new but it will take at least 6 months to get there. Since I am looking at used examples as well I have my trusted FNG (Alok Automobiles) who deal in servicing German cars as well.

I am just frustrated driving my I-20 for 8 years now and I want something fun to drive. I have driven the Octavia multiple time and recently test drove one for my girlfriend's father since he is buying it. I was blown away, AGAIN and the love rekindled.

Hence, the itch to upgrade to an Octavia.

Last edited by Pancham : 2nd January 2019 at 16:48.
Old 23rd June 2023, 09:29   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Finally I found something and got her home yesterday.
Hey Raj, I came across your post during my search.
I was curious to know if your ownership math has held up, now might be a good time to analyse as it been 5+ years of ownership!

I was on a similar boat, decided to buy a 4 year old Octavia TDI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks