Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2007, 08:40   #46
Senior - BHPian

Oh , don't you worry about the after sales service and other issues IF the car does get discontinued, Hyundai is the second biggest company in India - they will take good care of you - BTW - a friend of mine bought an Accent GLE - white colour 3 days ago. So the car is still selling decent volumes - I do not think its getting discontinued anytime soon.. Cheers !!!
Old 28th August 2007, 10:35   #47

Thanks again for the replies. Well I am still inclined to buy Accent and will be doing so in a month. What are the freebies or accessories did your friend get on his new Accent GLE? Dealers are not offering much. I am demanding atleast a mp3 player, free insurance, foot mats etc.
What do you say?
Old 28th August 2007, 11:17   #48
BHPian

In Bangalore you can negotiate for an MP3 Player (usually the base blaupunkt one with remote) with 4 speakers. Also can negotiate for free floor mats and boot mats. Accent GLE does not come with mud flaps so you can nego for that. If I were you i will nego for free painting of door handles, OVRMs and rear garnish.
Old 28th August 2007, 11:42   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harikiran Dosap View Post
Thanks again for the replies. Well I am still inclined to buy Accent and will be doing so in a month. What are the freebies or accessories did your friend get on his new Accent GLE? Dealers are not offering much. I am demanding atleast a mp3 player, free insurance, foot mats etc.
What do you say?
My dear friend, accent GLE is a very beautiful car. one of my friend who owns it says, it glides like an aeroplane ( dont know whatever that means). I too have opted for a car knowing it is being phased out, what you like matters and secondly Hyundai service is the best in the country even better than MUL, so no worries.

With regards to freebies, you can send me a PM and i will tell you how to negotiate, i have loads of experience in negotiating with these 3 Hydie dealers. Btw, forget about the MP3 player, it sucks actually
Old 28th August 2007, 15:44   #50
Senior - BHPian

I think he got free Insurance and 5K cash discount - actually not many freebies because its already a very low priced car - so be happy with whatever you get.

There is a difference in all states and depends dealer to dealer
Old 29th August 2007, 07:02   #51

I am planning to keep the car (Accent GLE) after I buy next month for at least five years. Can I expect any resale value on that later?
Old 29th August 2007, 17:05   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harikiran Dosap View Post
I am planning to keep the car (Accent GLE) after I buy next month for at least five years. Can I expect any resale value on that later?
Dude, do not worry about the resale value. We all buy cars not to sell, but to get the maximum possible excitement out of it - utility-wise

Every year, at least 4 new models are introduced (all manufacturers put together), and definitely the resale value of any car you buy now will take a beating 5 years down the line. In my opinion, cab company proprietors can worry about their cars' resale value.

I own an accent gle, just over 2 months old. I simply love this beauty!

by and by, what color have u zeroed on?? Real earth and bright silver are good looking. BLACK is stunning!

Cheers,
giga
Old 30th August 2007, 07:44   #53

Well, I was looking for bright colors (other than silver and real earth). I saw Accent GLE (displayed in showroom)in Dark blue and simply loved it. I may go for Charming Grey or Potomac Blue.
Old 30th August 2007, 07:45   #54

I am thinking of going for brighter colors. May be Potomac blue or Charming Grey. Saw Potomac Blue in a showroom, simply loved it.
Old 5th September 2007, 00:08   #55
BHPian

gle

hi guys,
whts the price offered to u guys for accent gle?
thanks
Old 19th September 2007, 13:36   #56

I own an Accent for last 6 yrs and done 41K and this is absolutely fine. My sister owns Accent too and has clocked 115K and still going on :-).

For this budget, you may also want to try the Renault Logan 1.4.
Old 20th October 2007, 23:52   #57
BHPian

My car search did not end!!! Inclined to buy Accent GLE. Now offer is going at 4.99 ex showroom. Called Trident. On road 5.7 but no freebies they told. If any one of u looking for this car, we can go together and bargain for freebies.
Old 2nd November 2007, 18:47   #58
BHPian

Ford Ikon is not out of production. Recently they came out with a new model named Ford Ikon IKool(Comes with Sony Audio, better interiors etc.) So it is better that you take this into consideration too as the drive quality and stability of Ikon is better than Accent. Accent is a good and smooth car. Spare parts are cheaper compared to Ikon. Its bit more comfortable compared to Ikon. I have never heard of anybody complaining about Accent after 50000 km. Getting an Accent for 5.1 is a very good deal. Also resale value of Accent is much better than Ikon.
Old 2nd November 2007, 22:59   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

@joseph - the Ikon has a better backseat and is bigger than the Accent. It is also much better to drive and more fuel efficient.
Spares and maintainance should be similar for both.
Old 4th November 2007, 19:58   #60
BHPian

Saw one ad on the Hyundai website that Accent GLE is now available for 4.99 lacs. Looks quite vfm to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks