Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2007, 08:54   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
dear frnd ,

Before making the final decision please read autocar november 2006 issue which compare parts price of different cars. You will find how your cedia scores in this area. Then only take a decision. Dont forget to take a look at elantra s' parts price also.
When the lancer is launched all of it's parts are generally imported. further down the line the prices drop like mallika sherawat's neck line.

So dont worry about the prices. when you buy the car and the time for any maintenance comes 2yrs or so down the line the parts will be less.

the old lancer had 3-4 price revisions of parts and now are 60% cheaper than when launched.

the car is an awesome car to drive. handling dynamics are better than corolla and octy. It comes close to the civic. but i found the cedia more fun. the 2L engine is a real gem.

going in an hour to Lathangi to book the car for my boss.
Old 5th April 2007, 09:06   #17
BHPian

[quote=devarshi84;406631]RajKS, can you please explain the 2lacs discount funda? Mitsubishi motors are already selling the sports at 8.90 ex-showroom. That's a price cut and not a discount.

For starters, you got the spelling of my name wrong

This was the message conveyed by the sales person at Lathangi (Bangalore). He informed that the discount would be applicable till March 31st 2007. May be he was trying to tempt buyers to close the deal ASAP. Will have to check on that before I confirm.

I did check the latest Lancer released in US. I liked it a lot and as you rightly pointed out..it is going to take years before the model is lauched in India.
Old 5th April 2007, 09:28   #18
Team-BHP Support

raajks, the so called discount is a price cut. The cedia sports and elegance was priced at 11.37L when it was launched. The price cut now pegs it at 10.2 onroad for the sports. the elegance has stopped and been replaced by the cedia Spirit which costs 9.8L.

I'm going to lathangi in half hour to book the Cedia Spirit for my boss.
Old 5th April 2007, 10:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
dear frnd ,

Before making the final decision please read autocar november 2006 issue which compare parts price of different cars.
Good suggestion ...

A few words from my side,

In this price range of 9-10lacs since you have zeroed in on Cedia I guess what you are looking out for is.
  • Looks
  • Engine
  • Driving experience
  • Build quality
  • Premium image
  • Good FE(9-10Kmpl)
Accordingly you have three options
1.Mitsubishi Cedia
2.Toyota Corolla
3.Skoda Oktavia Rider 1.8TPi(may overshoot a bit over your budget)

This is my opinion after having driven them some time back. I'd recommend Toyota corolla if you are looking for a low maintenence hassle free car which has a good blend of interior space , mileage,responsive engine . Skoda Tpi is a good buy if build quality is of prime importance in addition to its Kama KAzee Turbo power but let down by its thirst for fuel when driven hard .

Mitsubishi Cedia may be a good second hand buy as you can capitalise on the low resale value but buying a new one doesnt seem the most intelligent move financially. Its something like Fiat Palio Adventure , great car spoilt by dwindling or rather tumbling resale value. Butttttt, if you are person who works heart over brain then you better go for it. Infact even am weak for the car.Wish HM had treated the project a bit more seriously.

Am not mentioning Optra as the driving experience wasnt the most exhilarating experience blame that on the shoddy gearbox though on the other parameters its quite a competetive product but since you have zeroed in on Cedia , I felt driving experience is one thing you are looking out for.

Honda City Vtec , a good car but some how doesnt fall in this league .
Old 5th April 2007, 10:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post

For starters, you got the spelling of my name wrong
My Sincerest apologies.
Old 5th April 2007, 14:05   #21
BHPian

Cedia is a very good car but only two things going against it , poor resale and high maintainace .
Old 5th April 2007, 17:10   #22
Team-BHP Support

Just booked the Cedia for my manager. 9.87L onroad bangalore for the Cedia Spirit. I saw the car it is fully loaded with leather upholstery and side skirting. complete beige interiors, ABS, EBD, Airbags, keyless entry, now a blaupunkt maui system.

Service was good. One more important news.

The Spare parts prices have been slashed by 25%.
Old 5th April 2007, 20:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

^^Any idea how much the select was quoted for? The only two things different between the spirit and select are the leather seat covers and side skirts, both of which are not very essential to me.
Old 6th April 2007, 14:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

better check out with your mitsubishi dealer. Also see how much discounts you can get yourself. The fun-to-drive factor will still be there and you can always get better after-market parts in lieu of the sports edition such as the spoiler and rear-light combo etc.
Old 6th April 2007, 15:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

This other dealer is very far away from my place and a pain to get to. I called them up and they said someone will get back to me with a better price. Its so far been a week now and no one has gotten back to me :(. I guess I'll stick to the other dealer.
Old 6th April 2007, 23:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

when it was launched it costed 10.42L OTR in Kerala Bangy is costly. Phew!
Old 6th April 2007, 23:26   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
This other dealer is very far away from my place and a pain to get to. I called them up and they said someone will get back to me with a better price. Its so far been a week now and no one has gotten back to me :(. I guess I'll stick to the other dealer.
reignofchaos, lathangi seemed good. they agreed for a 10K discount as well. they had the Ashton grey ready for delivery. My boss should get the car once the loan is sanctioned. we have already the seen the car he will be getting.
Old 6th April 2007, 23:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

vid, whats the difference between the Sport/Elegance and the Spirit? I knw that the Sprt and El haev difference interiors and bumpers etc.
Old 6th April 2007, 23:50   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
vid, whats the difference between the Sport/Elegance and the Spirit? I knw that the Sprt and El haev difference interiors and bumpers etc.
JKd, Elegance is now stopped only 3 models, Select, Spirit and Sports. Select is the base model with no leather and no side skirt.

Spirit is similar to the Elegance which was there before. Only now they added the Side skirting and windshield antenna replacing the manual winding antenna. No fog lamps.

Sports has complete black leather interiors colour scheme and full body kit front and rear skirts and rear spoiler. It also has front fog lamps.
Old 6th April 2007, 23:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

The elegance has been stopped. The select is the cheapest and has everything other than side skirts and leather seats. Spirit is the same as select but with those two things added. Sport has extra bling on the body, carbon fiber dash, rear spoiler etc. Also its the only variant available in black.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks