Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 16:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I would go this way: If you do more of city then its Fiesta. If you do more of highway, then its Verna.
Yes I second that .. it as simple as this ..
Old 26th April 2007, 17:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I wouldnt usually suggest any hyundai to anyone and verna wouldnt have been an exception.
OT Devarshi - Have you ever owned a Hyundai car? I wonder why you would make a statement like that. Care to explain?
Old 26th April 2007, 18:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

If you are are highway cruiser its Verna for you , If you are more of a city dweller Fiesta is a better choice. A year or two back I hated Hyundai's but I gotta admit it their Diesel Milss simply rock n roll. Simply mindblowing power but you have to be very careful when you use it as its a bit of a bad handler blame the soft suspension set up and I feel the whole car is not meant to handle that kind of power(which is truly astonishing).

Fiesta is a good car , a good over all performer specially good at low engine speeds for bumper to the bumper traffic .

I feel they should have brought a non VGT version of Verna for a couple of ten thousands less .
Old 26th April 2007, 19:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
OT Devarshi - Have you ever owned a Hyundai car? I wonder why you would make a statement like that. Care to explain?
2 santros and a wagonR in the family. Both my uncles own a santro and We own a wagonR. Driven santro a lot(read that as much as the wagonR) Santro is an excellent car. Also the crdi mills from the Hyundai stable are among the best. As you see I recommended him a hyundai before ford. I have only praised hyundai otherwise in the post above. Its more about personal choice. I dont like Toyota either.

:joking I think more like Han. LOL

Quote:
Han: The Red Evo's yours
Shawn Boswell: What do you mean?
Han: You're representing me now. What you think, I'm gonna let you roll in a Hyundai?
liked the accent viva crdi a lot when I was out for a new car. Settled for a 'RED LANCER' instead.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 26th April 2007 at 19:11.
Old 26th April 2007, 19:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Its more about personal choice. I dont like Toyota either.

:joking I think more like Han. LOL

liked the accent viva crdi a lot when I was out for a new car. Settled for a 'RED LANCER' instead.
Ahhhh ok now I understand
Old 26th April 2007, 19:54   #21
BHPian

I would pick the Verna CRDi.

Simply for it's engine. The other presumed weaknesses with the car, like it's handling due to soft suspensions etc can be changed. Like get Konis or, get a suspension job from somebody who knows what they are doing. Good example, the many jobs from our long haired Bangalore Tuner!

And then, different performance parameters you can extract out of a car is something you can learn as you drive the car more and more, to varying degrees. Familiarity with soft suspension setups allow you to extract more out of the car after you get used to the setup. But, familiarity with an underpowered engine allows you to extract little out of it.

Some cool data in Car handling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope I did not confuse you guys there.
Old 26th April 2007, 20:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Verna is the BEST !

I have been owning a Verna CRDi since last December and i was stuck with the same confusion, but then i took a test drive , first on the Hyundai Verna CRDi with the AC turned on Full blast, and then on the Ford Fiesta both the time my dad was with me in the front seat .

Initially i had fixed on Verna but my dad was a Ford Loyal customer so wanted to taste the difference. After the test drive he would not allow me even to speak of the fiesta such is the difference he felt especially in the power and the NVH in the cabin.

Now after having used the vehicle for about six months now , i have no regrets whatsoever , ok .. ok i agree I would have loved the car to have ABS , better Handling at high speeds and bigger standard tyres. But other wise she's very comfortable in city and on the highways. I commute from Bangalore to Trivandrum atleast once in a quarter , and the trip to Trivandrum in the night never takes me more than 10 Hrs , and thats not very spirited driving.

I recommend the verna for you !
Old 26th April 2007, 22:22   #23
BHPian

im planning to buy a VERNA SX CRDi.. Can u guide me what tyres should i change to for a better ride and comfort...

also does verna has poor lighting.... kindly have a word about it..

kindly suggest me good alloys so that i can have it fitted when i get it delivered... advise please..
Old 26th April 2007, 22:25   #24
BHPian

hello guys.. im planning to buy a Verna SX next month.. can u tell me what tyres should i get it for a better drive and comfort>>>
kindly advise..... also say a word about its head lights at night... some say its poor..
Old 26th April 2007, 23:43   #25
BHPian

I guess by now you must have figured out which out of two u want to buy?

I guess of all the parameters stated by you, Verna is ahead of fiesta.
Final choice is in your hand. Go and take test drive and buy which appeals you more.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
The other presumed weaknesses with the car, like it's handling due to soft suspensions etc can be changed. Like get Konis or, get a suspension job from somebody who knows what they are doing. Good example, the many jobs from our long haired Bangalore Tuner!
We think alike!

99% of the population is not going to want cars that can tear around a corner at great speeds. They want comfort, which I believe the Verna delivers.

The remaining 1% can get a quick suspension job from Used-Engine-Oil-Da-Jawaab-Nahin.

Or they can get stuck with a car that can tear around corners fast if it finds enough open road to get upto speed in the first place.
Old 27th April 2007, 16:02   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
hello guys.. im planning to buy a Verna SX next month.. can u tell me what tyres should i get it for a better drive and comfort>>>
kindly advise..... also say a word about its head lights at night... some say its poor..
For tyre upgrade, Best is to go for one inch up so you improve on handling and dont lose the FE at the same time.

Also most stock cars do not have a good lighting system for adequate night drivings on highway. you can upgrade to either 90/100 or 100/130 of any brand that you like. I have a 90/100, phillips blue vision and boy, has it improved the night driving vision
Old 27th April 2007, 16:02   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
We think alike!

99% of the population is not going to want cars that can tear around a corner at great speeds. They want comfort, which I believe the Verna delivers.

The remaining 1% can get a quick suspension job from Used-Engine-Oil-Da-Jawaab-Nahin.

Or they can get stuck with a car that can tear around corners fast if it finds enough open road to get upto speed in the first place.
Agree steer, I find it really funny when handling is mentioned for a family saloon.
I drive fast many times, but I doubt I even take the humble indica to the limits of handling. How many people take turns at high speed? For your regular driving in city or even on highways, unless you like taking curves fast(1 in 100 people maybe) the handling of a Safari will be same as that of a honda civic. If you are going around in twisties at high speed, okay, but most people don't take fast turns even on hilly roads.
Indica is an average handler, but even if I go to half the handling capability, the passengers start feeling woozy.
Pushing the car to limits on handling front is very very rare. To a family saloon guy looking for something sensible the only things w.r.t handling which matter are
1. Should not loose composure on hitting a speed bump
2. Should brake in a straight like and the tail should not come out.
Almost all saloons sold in India meet both these criteria.
Old 27th April 2007, 21:56   #29
BHPian

thanks mobike.... is the factory fitted tyres bad on bumps and ride quality....??
i dont take curves at high speeds... i drive at modest speeds of about 60-100kmph.
Old 27th April 2007, 22:59   #30
Team-BHP Support

Factory fitted tires are adequate for you. Verna has a soft ride, and you will not feel bumps very much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks