Other (please specify in your post) 17 3.64%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2022, 14:51   #61
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia vs Honda City vs Maruti Ciaz vs Hyundai Verna vs others

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
It's very contextual. The only reason we bought a City was to own a small car as we had booked a Carnival to replace our Innova and thought Carnival was too big for running daily errands. My aging parents (with a driver) are the primary users and I tried booking Seltos/Creta etc. but none were available immediately. City was cheaper than the alternatives so ultimately we just bought it. It's not a bad car by any means but I just think crossovers are way more practical in my use case. I also find City to be underpowered and I've never been a fan of CVTs. Again, I did all of this over the phone and web without seeing or test driving any of these cars in person. Now Carens is available for a about 2-3 lakhs more. My friends who test drove it vouch for it and says it's perfect for my use case. They also found the headroom in City lacking for 6 footers.
Got it. Carens is a very chic-looking, practical 5+ seater in the market at the moment. The more I think, it genuinely feels like a disrupter in that sub 20L price segment that will make people cross-shop between form factors. I see people having no interest in buying a 6 seater getting pulled - great job by Kia!

Also, one more advantage of the City is its tremendous resale value. Don't like it/got bored? Sell it after a couple of years without denting your wallet. Win-win situation
aniket13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks