Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Skoda Slavia would you buy?
1.0-litre TSI 64 18.34%
1.5-litre TSI 285 81.66%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2022, 19:27   #46
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia | 1.0L vs 1.5L | Which Turbo-Petrol engine would you choose?

If my bank balance permits I'll choose the 1.5 DSG with eyes closed. Having been driven my friend's Seltos 1.4 turbo manual, I've fallen in love with turbo petrols. I'm pretty sure the driving fun on this will be on another level altogether. I wouldn't mind reliability issues of the DSG since car would be mostly used for spirited driving on open roads and for long haul highway trips. Besides I already own an Ignis petrol manual which is a pretty reliable workhorse for daily city commutes so the Slavia will be a great addition to my garage
Old 20th March 2022, 11:51   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabstractmind View Post
You're doing an apples to Orange comparison is all I can say.
1.5 TDI is not in the league of the 1.2 TSI forget about 1.5TSI
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 16:13   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
1.5 TDI is not in the league of the 1.2 TSI forget about 1.5TSI
Apples and oranges. They both have their own strengths and weaknesses, that's being objective. Diesel and Petrol comparison are never fair. You may or may not want to agree, that's subjective. Chill out bro!
theabstractmind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 06:31   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabstractmind View Post
Apples and oranges. They both have their own strengths and weaknesses, that's being objective. Diesel and Petrol comparison are never fair. You may or may not want to agree, that's subjective. Chill out bro!
I would just like to know the merits of the 1.5 / 1.6 TDI that people rave about. I see none.
Old 23rd March 2022, 18:53   #50

This is a very well thought discussion. I want to make it clear that I've not test driven the Slavia.
Since I have a Polo TSI manual, I imagine the 1.0 variant will be similar in responsiveness and refinement with a slight reduction in performance owing to the added weight of the Slavia. I believe the 1.0 and 1.5 cater to different kinds of buyers and probably most won't be choosing between the two engines.

Here are my thoughts on the variants -

1) Manual 1.0 TSI - Value for money variant, for people who don't mind a manual (live in smaller cities)

2) TC 1.0 TSI - Best offering for metropolitan areas, best option for people who don't bother much about performance. It also works out as a great secondary car.

3) Manual 1.5 TSI - A no brainer pick for an old-school enthusiast with "Simply clever" practical features to pick it over the Virtus, also a good weekend car without DSG woes (but still an imported engine, yet to prove its mettle here).

4) DQ200 1.5 TSI - A no brainer pick for people who are DSG enthusiasts (people upgrading from Polo, Vento, Rapid DSGs) and those who graduated from driving manuals. A good pick only if the service center near you is competent enough.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th March 2022 at 11:47. Reason: Minor language edit and some spacing for improved readability.
Old 28th March 2022, 18:32   #51
BHPian

Just throwing in the towel here :

How do we compare the 1.5 NA on the Honda City against the 1.0 L TSI / 1.5 L TSI on Slavia / Kushaq ? which would be better in terms of drivability and reliability ?

I am considering an upgrade from a WagonR and all these 3 cars are in shortlist.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 14th April 2022, 09:33   #52
BHPian

I am facing the same Honda City bs Slavia dilemma
DSG vs Manual dilemma as the car is going to be driven both in the city and on the highway.
Don’t feel like spending 20 lakhs as I already own a 3 series.
My heart says 1.5 TSI manual but a lot of driving is going to be on Delhi roads. Really really confused.
Old 26th April 2022, 16:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

I live in Kolkata, the speed limit is 60kmph within the city. With live speed cameras taking photos of errant drivers.

This makes the 1.5L engine quite a waste, with only the highways offering a chance to enjoy the acceleration.
Old 28th April 2022, 07:22   #54

I have a 6 year old swift to do the job in city.
I am looking for a car just for highways, outstation rides and some weekends probably. Considering that it is going to be my last IC car, I want it to be a fun one. Hence, my choice will be 1.5 Manual.
Old 16th September 2022, 11:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

Driving a t-jet for the past 8 years and looking for a replacement. It would be the 1.5tsi manual for me. Just can't wrap my head around the fact that a 20L 150bhp car does not have rear discs unlike my 8L t-jet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks