Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 09:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pugram. You made the right choice. Enjoy your ride when she comes & please post your first hand driving experience & photos too. You are second only to ashutoshb who too has bought the Logan.
cheers
Old 5th July 2007, 09:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see another Logan. Atleast its overtaking Zen Estilos in the forum.
Old 5th July 2007, 09:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on Logan, it is good car for sure. It appears it has few odd things but once we are used to it alright. Its good package for sure.

Ravi.
Old 5th July 2007, 10:08   #19
BHPian

Hey guys, any idea about the mileage to be expected from the 1.4 and 1.6 Logans.

I don't feel like buying an Ikon, Accent or an Esteem (have one) as they look dated. Logan might not be very good looking but looks different and recently a new 1.6 model has been launced.
Old 5th July 2007, 10:30   #20
Team-BHP Support

pugram, congrats on the new car. The second Logan on TBHP. Looks like the sales for this car are really picking up. Been seeing quite a few of them in Bangalore lately. Somehow the absence of badging on the rear makes it impossible for me to determine which versions they are.
Old 5th July 2007, 10:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Pug ! And tifosi - hoping for some great shots of Pug's Logan once it arrives.
Old 5th July 2007, 10:38   #22
BHPian

Congrats Pug! Hoping to hear a good user review from ur side.
Old 5th July 2007, 10:39   #23
Team-BHP Support

Hmm... a bit OT, Pugram are you sure that Test Indigo you drove was not badly maintained? I have not tried out the Dicor Indigo yet. However the reviews by fellow members here suggested that although there is no major improvements over the TDI version as such the NVH level is probably marginally less than the TDI. So its surprising that you found it noisier than the TDI!
Old 5th July 2007, 11:51   #24
BHPian

congrats! What all equipment is standard in the base version?

@others : any idea about the OTR price for the base DLE version in Delhi?
Old 5th July 2007, 12:10   #25
Team-BHP Support

Congratz, and do keep this updated regularly once you get the car
Old 5th July 2007, 12:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new vehicle......I'am also in same dilema which one to buy....Indigo Dicor (Classic)/Logan...Can u confirm a few points below. It will help me also to decide.

1) FE (on city and on highways).
2) Howz the performance?
3) A.S.S.
4) Any Freebies they had given to you. If I make the decision to buy a logan, i will definately negotiate for the accessories/discounts you have got.
5) At what rpm the turbo will open?

Any other points worth mentioning.....
Old 5th July 2007, 14:26   #27
Team-BHP Support

snaronikar : pugram has only booked the car, and no delivery as yet. Still to early to be charging towards him with these questions.
Old 5th July 2007, 16:44   #28
BHPian

Congrats on your Logan bro...The Logan Diesel seems to be selling well. The mileage figures of the Logan D are awesome.. The Logan D seems to better than the Indigo Dicor in terms of Mileage, Driveability and NVH..
Old 5th July 2007, 20:02   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Hmm... a bit OT, Pugram are you sure that Test Indigo you drove was not badly maintained? I have not tried out the Dicor Indigo yet. However the reviews by fellow members here suggested that although there is no major improvements over the TDI version as such the NVH level is probably marginally less than the TDI. So its surprising that you found it noisier than the TDI!
Zappo. I got the LX Dicor straight from the Yard (with mosquitoes thrown in as freebies), since the LS Dicor was very busy doing other Test Drives. I have driven a LS TDI extensively.. Driven around 13~14k kms and sat for another similar kms...(me and my cousin share the driving) and hence know the NVH levels..

I tried to analyse.. The Common Rail pressure in the INDIGO is 1600 bar compared to 1400 bar of the Fiesta / Logan (Not so sure about the Logan though). More valves per cylinder - 4 compared to 2 and a DOHC. Maybe all these contribute to increased noise levels vis-a-vis the TDI. Had to turn on the AC at all times, to avoid hearing the Engine sound. I have a strong feeling that TATA's should have given the additional 2 squirts (This is similar to the FIAT Multijet -5 squirts) and provided better sound deadening.. atleast better sound insulation.

Maybe as the engine settles down, the NVH levels may come down.. But thats again a maybe. I read about this in on of the forums on the SAFARI DICOR.

I have personally recommended a XETA (exactly the same car in the thread "Xeta woes") and this INDIGO TDI in the family.

Last edited by pugram : 5th July 2007 at 20:13.
Old 5th July 2007, 20:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Congrats on the new vehicle......I'am also in same dilema which one to buy....Indigo Dicor (Classic)/Logan
1) FE (on city and on highways).
2) Howz the performance?
3) A.S.S.
4) Any Freebies they had given to you. If I make the decision to buy a logan, i will definately negotiate for the accessories/discounts you have got.
5) At what rpm the turbo will open?
Please go through this test by autocarindia

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

No freebies.. Not even the mudflaps... Logans are selling like hot cakes..
(Mine is on the way it seems)

@BunnyPunia - "Equipment" is too much - HVAC and Power steering, if you can call it so

Last edited by pugram : 5th July 2007 at 20:08. Reason: Reply for bunnypunia
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks