Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2007, 01:29   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Look at the Verna D. Though a tad expensive than your budget you will be satisfied with the car.

After reading horror stories with Ford from Sivasuma, Vid6639 and a friend of mine I would try and stay as far away from Ford as possible.
Old 10th July 2007, 02:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ford - Okay Diesel car however Horrible and expensive parts and service. Logan - Ugly room on wheels Verna - safe CRDi bet
Old 10th July 2007, 09:27   #18
Team-BHP Support

Maybe while considering Verna one should also take a look at the recent quality issues which are popping up from Hyundai, cases for example being Sam's axle failure, and also issues with Hellstar's Verna.

Now, its an even platform.
Old 10th July 2007, 09:57   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Benny quality issues can be rectified. Besides, the above cases could be one offs. But if FORD were to treat the customers with recklessness as in case of the above mentioned 3 by me I would be scared.
Old 10th July 2007, 10:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

beanstalk. This would be what i would say.

Honda: Real good one from the Honda Brand. You would not be let down with quality issues. The mileage is really on the better side. The rear seats are really comfortable and the ride quality is real cool. But you might have to pay for the quality. Especially for the VTec engine. Moreover if you plan to go for it, please wait for some time. Its pretty obvious that Honda wil "react" to the Maruti SX4. So dont loose on a more VFM product that might be in the market not that late. If you can wait for a while and if you can affor the VTech (which i think is beinf offered on base versions too) there is no thinking that needs to be done. GO for the Honda.

Verna (D): I feel its priced slightly on the higher side, but maybe you could make up on monthly diesel costs. THe vehicle is real powerful and you might just find it slighly overpowered for your city driving (which you say is a high majority of your total use). The ride also is not that smooth. If you ever have the chance to follow a verna you can see its back jumping (just like the horse they advertise!!!). Now whether the passengers are also gallopping....Not too sure but logically they should be!! Off late we have also been seeing an increase in the quality issue cmplaints about hyndai vehicles. Not very sure about whether this is real or just coincidence.

Fiesta (D): Another drivers car after the Ikon. The Handling and the power delivery os too good. But fords hard suspension and even harder hearted service station people would surely dissappoint you sooner or later. But if you relly enjoy driving this one would interest you and it also returns pretty decent F.E figures.

The SX4: This is a real value for money product from maruti stable. There are few complaints about bad quality pastics and about the fit and finish. But at that price it is really a cool one. But For your city use, the F.E figures might be an issue. However you could use the money you save in "not buying the Honda" to make up for your petrol bill for about 2 years!!!
Old 10th July 2007, 10:37   #21
BHPian

Hi beanstalk,
Ford - NO NO ( because of a. s. s & high spare cost)
If you want to purchase immediately go for the Verna CRDI (Swift Diesel if budget is a concern).
If you can wait for 6-8 months look for the Fiat Linea (still problem with a. s. s.) or SX4 Diesel.
Old 10th July 2007, 20:16   #22
BHPian

maintainence plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I didnt quite get that. They only offer warranty for the first year, while you would need to go in for Extended warranty, for upto a total of 3 years.
You are right. What i intended to say was they have a good maintanence plan instead of extended warranty. for the deisel they have a plan of 15 K which covers all sort of maintainence except tyres and accident ( which includes scratches). Thats a decent option.
Old 16th July 2007, 03:00   #23
BHPian

Your running is quite high, so a diesel car makes more sense. Go for the FIESTA TDCI base model, it fits into your budget. Also FUSION is being launched with the same 1.4 TDCI engine and would cost marginally lesser than the fiesta.
Old 16th July 2007, 12:40   #24
VBV
BHPian

If you just need it for city driving, do you really want FE to be an important criteria in your buying decision? You might want to do some calculations, before you decide on FE that you consider as good.

Also, are you sure you want to buy a first hand? or else a second octi/OHC-VTEC might be available for you.
Old 4th September 2007, 02:10   #25
BHPian

drawbacks of optra magnum???? urgennnntttt... jus 2-4 days left to decide

hi guys
i wanted to ask you all about the drawbacks of optra magnum, im in such a huge fix because i have to decide a car within 2-4 days time. im getting the magnum for 9.5L onroad LS version, and competin with the likes of verna D, fiesta D and maybe yeah even indigo Dicor. my main concern is FE but after the magnum TD i just fell in love with car, also heard that the car has FE of around 15 in the city, i currently own the petrol optra and service has never been an issue with it, and i do appreciate GM because of the very low maintenance of the car except the FE, i do expect similar service and low maintenance from them if i buy the magnum. (im talkin more about service here because we have spent a hell lot of money on our indigo diesel which recently broke down again) dunno what 2 do guys.

how is the service and maintenance of the ford fiesta diesel and verna diesel?

i think this Q should'nt be here but i just want to ask whether petrol optra can be fitted with a LPG kit (not CNG) and if yes then what are its drawbacks except a bit lowdown in performance in the gas mode?

Mod's Note: Always use an existing thread to post rather than opening a new one on the same subject. All the more so when both the threads belong to you there is no reason to have the second new thread.

Both your threads have now been merged.
Old 4th September 2007, 15:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

C'mon McLaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Look at the Verna D. Though a tad expensive than your budget you will be satisfied with the car.

After reading horror stories with Ford from Sivasuma, Vid6639 and a friend of mine I would try and stay as far away from Ford as possible.
If you consider those to be one-off cases, even these posts related to Fiesta ought to be considered on the same footing.
Ford's service has improved a lot, and their spares have got cheaper compared to the Ikon days.
Old 4th September 2007, 16:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

[quote=beanstalk_230;552631]hi guys
i wanted to ask you all about the drawbacks of optra magnum,---.

I've read in some mag that there is a huge turbo lag in lower gears at crawling speeds, but since you TD'd it, you will know better.

how is the service and maintenance of the ford fiesta diesel and verna diesel?----

Ford service has improved by leaps and bounds, but in some cities it seems to have not improved at all.
As regards Hyundai service, I am told it is good all over the country.
Old 8th September 2007, 09:51   #28
BHPian

so finally ending this thread.. i have brought the optra magnum LS Black after hell lot of search, hope its a wise decision.. just wana say one thing... IM IN LOVE WITH THE CAR....
Old 9th September 2007, 09:42   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
so finally ending this thread.. i have brought the optra magnum LS Black after hell lot of search, hope its a wise decision.. just wana say one thing... IM IN LOVE WITH THE CAR....
Congrats buddy, enjoy the car. Optra is a very good and comfortable car.
Old 9th September 2007, 12:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post

Hi am plannin to buy Fiesta. What horror stories you talking about mate???? If on this board can you please send me the link..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks