Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2007, 12:27   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
i just need it for city drivin... i have the optra for the highways
---------------------------------------------

I was going to suggest u Optra D but after i read this then i think its only gotta be Fiesta D for you. Its a great overall package better than Verna and since u need it for city so Fiesta being smaller in size to others would b easier to manouver.
Old 10th September 2007, 11:42   #32
BHPian

hey namit i have already bought the optra diesel and yesterday i did a 275 km run [50% city and 50% highway]on ma car... top speed 140 (dint go above that coz its just her 2nd day ) id post the FE by today evening [even im desperate to know its FE.. actually the reliance wala pump was closed yesterday at about 1 am so coudnt refill ma tank... and im assuming that im gonna get an unbelievable FE... ]
Old 10th September 2007, 16:59   #33
BHPian

Normally during run-in period you should not go above 80, but why you went 140. Will it not affect the engine's life and mileage.
Old 10th September 2007, 17:35   #34
BHPian

Go for Fiesta simple and frugal and proven product ,Logan can save some money but i am not sure who will buy it second hand when at present it look two decades old
Old 10th September 2007, 20:15   #35
BHPian

Hmm, Fiesta D vs Verna D vs City vs SX4 - if these are the only four options then given your requirements I'd say go for the Verna, here's why ...

You're right, the City is headed for a makeover, it is going to get airbags and ABS as options, the current City is likely to be retained. But that is not why I don't choose this, it is because of your 2000km per month running, assuming a Rs 15/- price difference between petrol and diesel, even for the same FE (diesels are more efficient, mind you) that is a difference of at least 2000 Rs.

The Fiesta D is actually a good car, but what you fear is more applicable here. Given the verna's superior performance for the same price, Ford is going to get a 1.6L diesel into the car to make it more competitive, that should be a good car, but I don't know when it'll be here.

The SX4 - all good, except the FE, so this is out as well.

The Hyundai has the virtues of space, incredible power, diesel efficiency, and most of all an almost Maruti-like service back up. Go for it.

PS: If it is only for the city and you have another sedan for the highway, why not go for a hatchback? Won't it suit your needs just fine?
Old 4th October 2007, 00:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:
hey namit i have already bought the optra diesel and yesterday i did a 275 km run [50% city and 50% highway]on ma car... top speed 140 (dint go above that coz its just her 2nd day ) id post the FE by today evening [even im desperate to know its FE.. actually the reliance wala pump was closed yesterday at about 1 am so coudnt refill ma tank... and im assuming that im gonna get an unbelievable FE... ]
------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats Beanstalk !!

Optra is the best amongst all Chevys in India.
Waiting for the FE.

Bu the way where in Delhi you found Reliance petrol pump ???

Cheers !!
Old 4th October 2007, 00:44   #37
BHPian

not in delhi namit, i have the magnum back in lucknow (hometown) and that is where is the reliance pump (i have made it a thumb of rule to get my fuel just from reliance)

got 14.67 on a 400 km run sometime back (60-70% city & rest highway all with ac 100% on)

for the rest of the things you can surely check out my thread in long term ownership reviews section

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...tml#post568155

cheers
Old 4th October 2007, 06:36   #38
BANNED

Quote:
hey namit i have already bought the optra diesel
Overshot your 6-8 L budget a bit :-)?
Old 4th October 2007, 09:43   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Overshot your 6-8 L budget a bit :-)?
yeah quite a bit .. by 2L I suppose (worth every penny)
but im really happy with the purchase

cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks