Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2007, 02:09   #1
BHPian

Huge fix. Car in the 6 - 8 lakh range?

hi friends...
could you please tell me which car to go for among city , verna D, fiesta D, and sx4...
im going to have a run of about 2000 kms or may be more per month in the city itself so i need a car with good mileage.. so which car should i go in for.
i simply love the city but im not sure about its mileage and also heard about some makeover coming in place for the city... gotta buy a car in august or latest by september, i heard fiesta is a good performer with good mileage and den comes sx4 in my wishlist (heard that FE of sx4 is near 10kml.. that is why i think im gona move away from it) , im not much informed on the hyundai but iv heard it has good mileage.. but im not much sure about after sales service and other glitches of the hyundai.

and heard that the new corolla coming in august (correct me if im wrong)... what would it be priced around??

GOD im in such a huge fix... HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

What shuold i do.. wait 4 the new city or go for fiesta D or verna D./.... huhhhhhh
beanstalk_230 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th July 2007, 07:02   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

BS_320, pls note - sms language not allowed.
Old 8th July 2007, 07:22   #3
BHPian

Consider logan also, it looks bad but a better package with very good fuel economy and descent ride.
Old 8th July 2007, 08:28   #4
BHPian

Get the logan top end its more vfm if yu are not concerened with looks.....
Old 8th July 2007, 09:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Logan D will fit your bill and the money you save while buying Logan you can use to fit some good accessories. It gives better FE and practical Sedan.

If you dont like Logan then NHC upgrade is soon as per media, so may be wait for couple of months for latest news and then decide.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 8th July 2007, 10:08   #6
Team-BHP Support

id say the fiesta d. read some reviews of it on tbhp.
Old 8th July 2007, 11:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Buy either the Fiesta Diesel (better FE but ford service is horrid) or Verna Diesel (Way more power but there are reports of part failures of all sorts but maybe one off). If you are staring at a 2000km per month commute, well you better get an efficient diesel. The less said about logan, the better. A box with four wheels and an engine doesn't qualify as a car. A friend wanted to check out one. After seeing the interiors, I felt that its missing some features which even the maruti 800 had 20 years ago.
Old 8th July 2007, 12:18   #8
BHPian

Honda City has the best FE in petrol cars in its class. Around 15kpl from what my friends tell me. New model is coming in next year though!
Have heard good things about Verna Diesel as well.
Old 8th July 2007, 12:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Fiesta and Verna is out of your budget costing about 50K extra for base models (on road price) though these gives a better FE......If you could stretch your budget to another 50K Fiesta would be a good choice then comes verna.....which gives around 14~16kmpl in city.

If your are OK with hatchback for the Getz 1.3/Fusion due to be released in next couple of months....These will be well within your range.
Old 9th July 2007, 00:10   #10
BHPian

cud anyone tell me about the FE of Verna D and Ford Fiesta D (im considering both) city and highway both
Old 9th July 2007, 14:45   #11
BHPian

Tell us about your utility. Is it for highways? Or city? or a blend?

I think the verna or logan is better for the highway. while if its a blend the fiesta is a better package. As far as sx4 the mileage will put you off.

Regarding service the logan is an unknown entity. The dealers claim that as of now some parts are from spain. If thats true this can be a problem when you need some spares.

Ford service seems to have improved. They claim that now they have indeginous parts and so the price as well as service has improved. besides they have a good warranty offer.

Hyundai is known for good service. I dont have first hand knowledge of this but some of my friends own hyundai and they seem very happy.

For each his own. Choose your car on the basis of your need. The economics will further help you to zero in on the final choice.
Old 9th July 2007, 15:36   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Ford .... besides they have a good warranty offer.
I didnt quite get that. They only offer warranty for the first year, while you would need to go in for Extended warranty, for upto a total of 3 years.
Old 9th July 2007, 17:53   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Tell us about your utility. Is it for highways? Or city? or a blend?

I think the verna or logan is better for the highway. while if its a blend the fiesta is a better package. As far as sx4 the mileage will put you off.

Regarding service the logan is an unknown entity. The dealers claim that as of now some parts are from spain. If thats true this can be a problem when you need some spares.

Ford service seems to have improved. They claim that now they have indeginous parts and so the price as well as service has improved. besides they have a good warranty offer.

Hyundai is known for good service. I dont have first hand knowledge of this but some of my friends own hyundai and they seem very happy.

For each his own. Choose your car on the basis of your need. The economics will further help you to zero in on the final choice.
i just need it for city drivin... i have the optra for the highways
Old 9th July 2007, 21:22   #14
BHPian

For 2000 plus Kms you need a diesel fro sure now you can look at ford and Verna but i think Verna is a better all rounder and about reliability Ford is no better than Hyundai for sure
Old 9th July 2007, 22:46   #15
BHPian

go for the fiesta,till date have faced no probs with a.s.s
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks