View Poll Results: Which one for me?
Mid Variant 3 17.65%
Top Variant 14 82.35%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2023, 08:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Dilemma between heart & mind! Confused between mid-variant Vs top variant

My honest opinion, get the top line. Having been in an accident myself, I know how important many airbags are.
Also, try delaying your purchase right now and find a pre owned one a few months later when they start coming on to the market. The price would fall significantly!

Last edited by lemedico : 31st August 2023 at 08:46.
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 10:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest, getting the top variant itself. More than the features, it is the 6 airbags that will have you back when required. The additional bonus is that you get every possible feature right away to use, instead of planning upgrades and waiting for a year or two before doing them.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 21:57   #33
BHPian

No compromise on safety, two airbags are simply not enough. Get the top version, you won't regret it. I have the GT plus and wouldn't settle for less.
vividhavasthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 00:53   #34
BHPian

I have been on both sides of the spectrum and from personal experience, a top end car ages very well.

When I picked up a used Baleno Alpha last year, I was very particular about choosing only from top variants.

When I bought XUV 300 in 2019, I was looking to spend in the range of 8 lakhs, but had to stretch to 10.8 to get the AMT W6 variant. The top variant was 15.3 and I would have to double my original budget to get there, which I wasn't comfortable doing. 4 years later, I sometimes do wish I had gone for the top end and paid the premium for the extra safety and comfort. But to be honest if I had to pay over 15lakhs, I would have gone for Creta / Seltos instead (which I almost did). But now 4 years later, I am enjoying EMI free ownership and that's a nice experience

The only logical reasoning I can think of, for not going for the top variant, is if you are absolutely stretching your budget to get a new car of a higher segment, and don't want to pay even more for top variant.
EvilZombie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 21:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhokage View Post
So the big dilemma that I am currently facing is choosing between Virtus highline AT and Topline AT models. The price difference between the two models being close to 1.8 lakhs the mind says go for Highline variant and save that money which can be used for accessories and future service costs and all whereas the heart says go for Topline which is fully loaded variant.

So the difference between the two variants is:

1. Headlights:
Highline has LED lights whereas the Topline gets projector LED's which look more sleek

2. Alloys:
Highline get 16in silver alloys whereas Topline gets 16in machine get alloys

3. Airbags:
This is one of the most important points after spending 17+ lakhs Highline still gets only 2 airbags whereas Topline has 6 airbags

4. Instrument Cluster:
Topline get fully digital cluster whereas Highline has analogue with a small non coloured MID (I do prefer analogue one but considering future proofness of the car, I don't know digital one seems better)

5. Ventilated Seats:
Topline get front two ventilated seats but from the user reviews I have read they aren't as effective and useful

6.Sunroof:
It doesn't really matter to me rather I would prefer a car without sunroof unless it's a panaromic sunroof.

Need your opinions and help in deciding which variant should I go for
If the financials allow you to do so, always go for the top variant. I would also suggest you to stretch a bit more and go for the GT with that 1.5 engine. Take the maximum extended warranty and service pack(this is mandatory regardless of the variant). Post the warranty period, if you are keeping the car, you just have to keep aside a lump sum for the dsg. Totally worth it.
Old 23rd January 2024, 00:52   #36

What would be case when we look at the new Creta 2024. All safety features except ADAS are provided in the base variant which is E at 11L ex-showroom.

Is spending 3.3L for S(O) which has all good to have
or 5L for SX Tech which has more good to have + ADAS recommended.

Requesting to kindly advise here if spending almost 50% more only for features a wise decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks