Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2008, 14:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

You can try Getz CRDi. But its little costly for what it offers. Or wait for Fiat 1.3 MJD. It will mostly cover all the aspects you are looking into. Can't comment on Scorpio though as we do not know how the owner has used (or abused) it. As most of the scorpio owners tend to drive rashly atleast on highways.

If 2nd hand car is not a problem, then try for Accent Viva CRDi. Good car. Power, Performance, FE, A**, Spare parts availability, finding service centres etc will be easier.
Old 4th February 2008, 14:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I have owned Accent CRDi and now driving Verna CRDI. I blindly, recommend Verna CRDi- absolutely trouble free, low maintenance cost and vast service network, great features and what a fun to drive car. Cost a bit more than your budget, though.
Else, Swift VDI .
His budget is 7 lacs and Verna CRDi is not available for 7 Lacs. It will be 8.50+ OTR (base version).
Old 4th February 2008, 14:54   #18
BHPian

Thanks for the overwhelming responses. I do not want to get a brand new Scorpio btw. Its now either Getz or Verna CRDi it seems. I thought about Verna but decided against it because of the reason that it is costly by 2 lakhs plus for a boot and ABS and less FE! Also I read in reviews Getz is more spacious inside than Verna!!! 110bhp and economy of Hatchback is a good package, I thought.

Getz/Verna owners : What was the average time for delivery? As I have very little time to decide when i come over there for holidays.

thanks.
Old 4th February 2008, 15:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Thanks for the overwhelming responses.
Getz/Verna owners : What was the average time for delivery? As I have very little time to decide when i come over there for holidays.

thanks.
I am consistently getting 15+ kmpl on Verna Crdi with mix of city and highway driving and I admit I often push the car as much as I can depending on traffic conditions so I am pretty confident that anyone else also may get at least the same FE or far better if driven lightly.
Old 4th February 2008, 15:19   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

sgmuser,

Wait till March for the Palio 1.3 MJD.

IMO, with the tank-like build of the bodyshell, the old 1.9D's suspension and brakes and of course, the power of the proven 1.3 DDIS engine, it maybe just the car you need.

However, service will be an issue until the FIAT network gets beefed up.
Old 5th February 2008, 07:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

it should be either getz crdi,swift vdi with abs or fiat 1.3 mjd.i would opt for the swift vdi abs as abs is available from the three.getz is a powerfull machine but would have appreciated if abs was available atleast as an option.fiat is also a good one wait for the launch if you can.
ram
Old 5th February 2008, 08:07   #22
BHPian

If space is a major concern, you could consider the logan as well. Otherwise stick to something from the Hyundai stable or wait for the Palio MJD. The Swift is no good if you plan to use the rear seat. Waiting period on the base variant is minimal now though.
Old 5th February 2008, 10:16   #23
BHPian

In mumbai the delivary of verna is ready avaible but CRDI getz is only avaible with HMP HYUNDAI
Old 5th February 2008, 16:42   #24
rippergeo

you know what the after sales is like for fiat. and you know what its like for tata. do you think fiat can pull it off? I kept hoping and hoping. its not going to happen. fiat will never change. they make brilliant cars, but customer service....

you'll be better off with a hyundai.

Getz it is. if i had known they were plonking the verna engine in the getz, I would have waited the extra 8 months for it, instead of getting the verna.

I mean, the verna is a great car, but when you can get better performance for 2 lakhs lesser, why not?

Old 5th February 2008, 17:10   #25
BHPian

Checked Verna and Getz availability. Getz will take 4-6 weeks and for Verna it is max 10 days. I do not want to go behind Fiat lately as the A.S.S. is almost dead, eventhough I like Fiats (I drive the Fiat designed SX4 wagon!) cars. Would be really interested if its a new gen ones like GPunto.

Iam really surprised at the fact that we do not have much options in CRDis under 7 lakhs category! Logan is a good car but what will happen if Mahindra break out of the deal with Renault!? Verna/Fusion/Fiesta/Getz all I personally feel not really value deals. Swift is good but build quality is still questionable. What else do we have in this range?
Old 5th February 2008, 17:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post

Iam really surprised at the fact that we do not have much options in CRDis under 7 lakhs category! Logan is a good car but what will happen if Mahindra break out of the deal with Renault!? Verna/Fusion/Fiesta/Getz all I personally feel not really value deals. Swift is good but build quality is still questionable. What else do we have in this range?
Pray that they launch the Aveo/Uva with the DDiS asap.
Old 5th February 2008, 17:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkd
Pray that they launch the Aveo/Uva with the DDiS asap.
Sir, Why do u want to make rumours and create hopes for the poor souls on this forum?
Last time,it was the Suzuki Jimny U read about in some website.
Old 5th February 2008, 17:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend you to stick to the Getz, its a fantastic car and neither the Scorpio nor the Swift come close as far as build quality, engine, comfort, ride is concerned.
Old 5th February 2008, 18:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...crdi-sale.html

Please refer to my thread for selling mint condition Viva CRDi - IF it's Ok for you to buy a used car.

Cheers
Old 6th February 2008, 13:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
IF it's Ok for you to buy a used car. Cheers
I would be really interested in this car if it is in Southern part of india. unlucky me!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks