Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2008, 15:52   #16
BHPian

[quote=luvjascha;768807]Hi guys,

Now that I've decided to go for a petrol vehicle, I am in two minds between the TATA Indica XETA GLG and the all-new TATA IndigoCS GLS.

Go for the xeta if you dont want a boot.xeta is better equipped as you mentioned.For me the only advantage for CS is the boot but xeta comes with fresh interiors(beige) and lots of goodies compared to indigo CS.the CS interior is boring.
Old 24th March 2008, 15:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
It's gotta be a Petrol, and it's gotta be between these 2 vehicles.
Looking for ride comfort, space and VFM.
CS scores over Xeta on all these three counts: ride comfort, space and VFM. IMO it also looks much better than Indica. In so far as features like power windows and centralised door locking are concerned, you can get OE-vendor stuff from TASS, so quality shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
the Indigo(non CS) has rear independent suspension which is amazing for ride, but is no great shakes for handling.
Indica rear suspension is independent too, although Indigo's has a more sophisticated three-link set up.

Indigo CS suspension as well as wheelbase are identical to that of regular Indigo, so more space and better ride.
Old 24th March 2008, 16:21   #18
BHPian

I own both Indica DLS and Indigo LS both Diesel...

I would prefer Indigo anyday for its ride comfort and its a sedan.

If there is not much price diff b/t the 2 go for a Indigo CS. Looks wise it better than the present Indigo.

maintenance wise there is hardly any difference bt the two.

Why don’t you look out for a Diesel ?
Old 24th March 2008, 19:12   #19
BANNED

Honestly, since the vehicle will be driven solely by me, I don't care all that much for a boot, but that's for the moment. When driving cross-country though, I'm definitely going to feel the need for that boot space, which the Indigo has to offer

Here's where I think the Indigo scores over the XETA.
1. Look wise- the Indigo's more appealing.
2. Boot Space
3. Slightly wider tyres - this is hardly an issue, since with either of the vehicles, I'd be exchanging the stock tube-type tyres for tubeless ones.
4. It's a sedan for 3.85L!!!

Here's where the XETA scores over the Indigo.
1. Certainly more VFM.
2. Better looking interiors, albeit both vehicles have beige interiors.
3. Central Locking, front PWs and Internally Adjustable ORVMs (both sides) come as standard fitment on the XETA, and absent in the Indigo (Manual ORVM - and the site says nothing about if it's on the driver side, or both)
4. I save almost 65K with the XETA, and could use this amount towards better tyres plus alloys, seats, etc.

Last edited by luvjascha : 24th March 2008 at 19:16.
Old 25th March 2008, 11:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind BS View Post
I own both Indica DLS and Indigo LS both Diesel...

I would prefer Indigo anyday for its ride comfort and its a sedan.

If there is not much price diff b/t the 2 go for a Indigo CS. Looks wise it better than the present Indigo.

maintenance wise there is hardly any difference bt the two.

Why don’t you look out for a Diesel ?
Hi aravind, can you kindly tell us about :

1. Your overall impression about Indigo : was there any problem, if so, how did it get sorted out etc.
2. Your experience with the Tata dealer,
3. Their after sales service

I am not trying to hijack this thread. I am seriously considering purchasing either of Indigo CS, i10 and palio stile as my first car in India.

P.S. : I posted before in this thread. However, it didn't appear.
Old 11th May 2008, 20:37   #21
BANNED

TATA: XETA vs. Indigo CS

Hi fella's,

What would be a better choice between the XETA GLG and the Indigo CS GLS?
The ex-showroom prices of the GLG and the CS GLS are 3.26L and 3.88L respectively.
Central Locking and front PWs come as standard fitment on the XETA; however, the CS GLS (being the top variant) does not come equipped with Central Locking and PWs.
At this point, I want to say that I'd be utilizing the vehicle primarily on long road trips, for which the extra boot space of the CS is a definite boon.

Since my running is less, I am looking for a petrol vehicle.
I intend getting tyres plus alloys, and some other accessories, for which I have kept a budget of about 30K.
The XETA seems a VFM vehicle, while I'll be getting a sedan for about 60K more!
Comfort, FE and overall build quality are my priorities.

Central locking would cost me approximately 10K, if I have it fitted from the dealership. It would be great to have PWs; but if the vehicle didn't come equipped with them, I do not intend to have them fitted at all, since they invariably have problems.
I always drive with 100% A/C; hence the windows will be up for the most part. So, I am unsure how much of a factor the PWs should be!

I haven't TD'd either of the vehicles just yet. I have almost decided on the XETA, but the looks and pricing of the Indigo CS appears mouth-watering!

Would appreciate some comments and suggestions.

Thanks
Old 11th May 2008, 20:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Indigo CS is indeed one of the most VFM sedans out there right now. As you said, you do not need PWs that much and central locking is a easy aftermarket fitment, Indigo CS seems to be the right choice for you.
Old 11th May 2008, 21:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

why do i have a vague sense of deja vu ?
Old 11th May 2008, 21:20   #24
BANNED

Damn! You're right.

I guess there's some part of me that wants the CS, but the VFM XETA is holding me back.
Old 11th May 2008, 21:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

since you will be travelling solo, the mini-boot wont be a significant upgrade over what you'll get with the rear seats folded down - that itself is cavernous.

unless you have a family AND luggage with you, the Xeta seems a better choice. the spare money can be put into things like ICE and pimpin your car
Old 11th May 2008, 21:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

@luvjascha- I guess Indigo CS is the better option here. Indica is already expecting a facelift in few months . So i would not recommend you the Indica Xeta. Go for the Indigo CS.

Mods : Can we have threads merged?
Old 11th May 2008, 21:48   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Indica is already expecting a facelift in few months . So i would not recommend you the Indica Xeta
That's what I think too. Does this mean that they will eventually phase out the current XETA?
Besides, I was not impressed by the pictures that I saw on the forum of the face lifted Indica.
Is the new Indica going to be the new XETA, and any idea on when the launch is expected to happen?
Old 11th May 2008, 21:56   #28
BHPian

Hi luvjascha, I have TDed both xeta and indigo cs. Here are my opinions.

1. Your preferences are comfort,build and FE. Both the cars run neck and neck in this regard, though I think xeta being lighter(without the boot) will consume less fuel.

2. I found the engine of CS a bit more responsive; shifting its gear is also a bit smoother.

3. From Tata's website I found that the maximum torque produced by CS @ 2600 rpm is little higher(105Nm) compared to 102 Nm of xeta. More torque at low rpm will help you while driving in city.

3. Definitely PW option of xeta is a big plus. One who had got used to it, will not try to downgrade to manual window option. On the other hand, the huge boot space of CS is its plus point.

4. Indigo CS GLS comes with an upsize tyre : 165 x 65 R 14, compared to 165 x 65 R 13 of xeta. The steering wheel of Indigo CS resembles Tata's logo. I didn't like it. The xeta's steering wheel is the conventional one and looks nicer(at least to me).

5. Indigo CS comes with an anti-glare rear-view mirror. Xeta GLG does not have this option, though GLX has it. It definitely helps while driving at night. Since you will be mostly driving on highways, you may find it useful.

6. Indigo CS has a new front grill. The headlight assembly looks newer to me.

7. The rear suspension of Indigo CS seems to be a better one. On a very bad road, full of potholes, I didn't feel any jerk at all. The ride was not so smooth on xeta on the same road. Indigo CS comes with an independent 3 link Mcpherson strut with anti-roll bar. Xeta doesn't have this option. I am sure some experts from this forum will verify whether I am correct or wrong.

I, personally, opted for boot space over PW option. I went for the Indigo CS GLS. I haven't yet received my car. However, that's a different ballgame altogether. If intersted, you can read about my experiences in my thread.

Hope this helps.
Old 11th May 2008, 21:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

There was news few models of Present Indica might continue. We cannot come to any conclusions as of now. As per what i heard July launch of New Indica. I dunno if Tata is right on track with the launch date. Also Xeta has not done that well. Indigo CS is doing way better thanks to the Excellent VFM. IMO the CS looks better.
Old 11th May 2008, 22:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hey crosscap, long time no see. what about your car ?
and a few clarifications
point 3.1- actually the Xeta GLX has 12.4 kgm which beats the Indigo CS

Point 3.2- PW costs 14k - can be had from the dealers

Point 6- The Xeta and the Indigo CS have the same headlights and grille.

Most Viewed