Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 15:00   #61
BHPian

Dear Viraat13,

ignition coil and battery check up will be done soon, will keep you posted.

Thanks Again.
Old 3rd June 2010, 02:28   #62
BHPian

Hey Jimmy.
It has been a while since any updates so I decided to come and ask. Got the car checked up yet? Has anything new come up?

Cheers
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:28   #63
BHPian

Dear Viraat13,

Checkup would be sometime this month,just a bit busy with family matters..

On the car , runs like a charm ,solid and straight, the knocking has reduced but comes up once in a while.

A new issue, possible one of the wheel bearings has worn out as it give a loud humming sound when i speed up above 70-80.

Also above 110 the some internal panels of the car tend to vibrate causing a lot of irritation. looking forward to discovering new issue before putting the car in the service center.

Thanks for coming back to this forum

Regards,
Jimmy
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:06   #64
BHPian

Jimmy,

Dont worry about some small noises etc as the car is old and it will never feel like straight out of the showroom. But the Corsa's do age nicely so there should not be any major creaks etc.

Most likely it is the wheel bearings. Add it to the list of things to be checked up.

Vibration above 110 eh? Wheel Balancing & Wheel Alignment. That's what you need. Every time I get vibrations above 110 or 120 its always because the wheels of the car need to be balanced. Also get your rims checked out. If they are bent get them straightened (very few places can do this. Personally I know only TWO in the whole of Delhi) and if that is not possible then see if you can afford to replace the ones that need to be.

I am always eager to help a fellow corsa owner!!
:-)
Old 29th November 2010, 11:43   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Hello All Friends,

Finally got the corsa, took it to sion koliwada for a service.

Changed Engine oil to Castrol Magnatec 3.5 ltrs
Changed old filter from sakura
changed fuel filter from purolater
changed air filter from sakura
changed 4 spark plugs from NKG
Injecter cleaning Done
Front Brake Pads rebrushed.
Wipers Changed to bosh

All this for Rs 3000 . was very surprised and happy.

addtionally had the Sunfilm Changed to Garware.

Viraat13 as you adviced , topped up fuel and added system G .

Pending Items.

Wheel aligment.
Diesel wash and Service / Vacuming / polishing of car.

After this work the car files off like a rocket when pulled in 3rd gear.

Wanna go for a long drive to check the car, also need to calculate the average .

Let me know your thoughts guys.
Jimmy,
Do you by any chance have the part numbers for the oil, fuel filters that you had changed? I am trying to get mine serviced and was wondering where to source the oil and fuel filter rather than getting it from GM.

The car still runs great and is very smooth and is a joy to drive on highways.
Old 30th November 2010, 12:17   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the car , runs like a charm ,solid and straight, the knocking has reduced but comes up once in a while.
One of my colleagues bought a Corsa about seven years ago. He used to put an additive with each tank full of petrol. He said that it had been recommended as the injection nozzles would clog without it and produce knocking. May be you should try and find what additive was recommended.
Old 30th November 2010, 20:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
One of my colleagues bought a Corsa about seven years ago. He used to put an additive with each tank full of petrol. He said that it had been recommended as the injection nozzles would clog without it and produce knocking. May be you should try and find what additive was recommended.
It's called System G.
Old 6th December 2010, 13:42   #68
BHPian

Hello Viraat13,

Hope all's well at your end.

i spent 7k on the car recently :-(

1st there is a mica instrument box (small) which fits behind the panel where we inset the key for ignition, that was damaged which resulted in the car stalling due to incorrect flow of current and also turning off itself when going through potholes.

Got it replaced . Then the Car behaved much better than before.stalling has reduced and the car does not turn off

Second issue was the radiator fan motor burnt, got a replacement from sion koliwada and now she is back on track again.

Visited the opel service center at mahalaxmi (National Garage) and they diagnosed the jerking / knocking to a weak ignition key which is attached to the engine and supplies /controls the current to the electrical s (in layman terms so please excuse)

they said i will need to replace it , the cost of the original is around 18k plus taxes.

Would you happen to have any suggestions on how can i get this fixed in an alternate way.

Cheers !

Last edited by Jimmy_u : 6th December 2010 at 13:44.
Old 6th December 2010, 16:09   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Viraat13,
Visited the opel service center at mahalaxmi (National Garage) and they diagnosed the jerking / knocking to a weak ignition key which is attached to the engine and supplies /controls the current to the electrical s (in layman terms so please excuse)

they said i will need to replace it , the cost of the original is around 18k plus taxes.

Would you happen to have any suggestions on how can i get this fixed in an alternate way.
Since I am based in Delhi, I cannot exactly guide you in terms of where to go. You need to go to an aftermarket kind of place. Places which are famous car part markets where mechanics also work. Like Khan Market or Pallika Bhawan in Delhi.

Most likely you will find a cheaper alternative or a perfectly workable 'jugaad'.

Good luck! If you do not know there kind of places, ask some one who might know. Better still, ask the active members from Mumbai.
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:05   #70
BHPian

Re: Buying a second hand Opel Corsa (8 year old), Is it worth paying 1.5 Lac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Hi,
I have been a user of the Corsa 1.4 from 2005 till 2009 then sold it to a friend and now I purchased a 1.6GSi from another friend. The car is in good shape, few scrathes but no re paints, car has done 39000km, has Aura alloys but stock tyres which needs replacement in a 10k km.

Now the problem i feel are, the car idles very rough, like skipping a beat, not many would be even able make out such a issue. and the drive was not feeling to smooth.
So did a long drive to check mileage, got 7.98(not more than 3000 rpm) in the city and 12.9 in the highway (100 - 120 kmph) once i figured out the mileage I took the car to the garage and did a Engine Flush(decarb) and 3.5lt of Shell 10W40 was put in, the instantly started feeling better and smooth. However at idle it still felt like missing a beat.
After a lot of reading I tried cleaning the IAV Idle Air Valve, which is a spring mounted on the Throttle Body, cleaned that and also sprayed some carb cleaner in to the TB.
Opened and check the Plugs, Plugs look healthy and goldis brown around the lead, which the mechanic says they are fine.
Swapped Ignition coil and Plug Cords from another corsa 1.6 but the car still feel rough at idle but on acceleration the car feel good.
Can anybody guide me to solving this small issue of rough idling.
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:55   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King413 View Post
Now the problem i feel are, the car idles very rough, like skipping a beat, not many would be even able make out such a issue. and the drive was not feeling to smooth.
Swapped Ignition coil and Plug Cords from another corsa 1.6 but the car still feel rough at idle but on acceleration the car feel good.

Congrats on the upgrade. Now onto the rough idle issue.
Since you have checked the ignition pack you have eliminated the main suspect. It is possible that you had done a cold start and maybe because of that it was rough. Make sure that the throttle body is clean. Give the car half a tank of 91 octane fuel (Speed 91 or Xtra Premium) along with the 8 - 10 ml of System G (Available at Bharat Petrolium). If you haven't had the injectors cleaned yet, get that done BEFORE putting in the good fuel. All this should take care of the rough idle. If it doesn't, get back to me and we shall dwell into the problem more.

Cheers
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:24   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Congrats on the upgrade. Now onto the rough idle issue.
Since you have checked the ignition pack you have eliminated the main suspect. It is possible that you had done a cold start and maybe because of that it was rough. Make sure that the throttle body is clean. Give the car half a tank of 91 octane fuel (Speed 91 or Xtra Premium) along with the 8 - 10 ml of System G (Available at Bharat Petrolium). If you haven't had the injectors cleaned yet, get that done BEFORE putting in the good fuel. All this should take care of the rough idle. If it doesn't, get back to me and we shall dwell into the problem more.

Cheers
Hi Viraat,
Thanks for the speedy reply,
I use a Diesel Fiesta and the Corsa is for wifee, but i like it so much that i have been using it for the last 2 weeks.
instead of SystemG, i used a 250 ml of STP injector cleaners with a full tank of gas. now need to wait till the tank is empty before going in for fresh gas with system G or any thing else.
I am pretty sure the rough idle is not from a cold start as it occurs even after a heated engine.
How do you clean the injector for the corsa? pull them out from its manifold and use carb cleaner?
Have you tried any engine oil additive?
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:58   #73
BHPian

I have tried looking for system-G, but most bunks dont stock it anymore. They suggest using the high-speed petrol, and say that it has the same effect.
Anyone have any thoughts on it?
But needless to say... Corsa is one great vehicle to drive. 7 years on and it can outrun most of the new cars today, a pure highway driving machine. I hope GM would one day release the latest variant of the car in India.
Old 22nd February 2011, 21:41   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King413 View Post
Hi Viraat,
Thanks for the speedy reply,
I use a Diesel Fiesta and the Corsa is for wifee, but i like it so much that i have been using it for the last 2 weeks.
instead of SystemG, i used a 250 ml of STP injector cleaners with a full tank of gas. now need to wait till the tank is empty before going in for fresh gas with system G or any thing else.
I am pretty sure the rough idle is not from a cold start as it occurs even after a heated engine.
How do you clean the injector for the corsa? pull them out from its manifold and use carb cleaner?
Have you tried any engine oil additive?
Hey, I spend most of my time on T-BHP so speedy replies are hardly that big a deal!

Well to be honest the Corsa is more fun than a lot of other cars from the same price bracket.. I keep thinking about asking dad for a new car but then I think, which car is better than this at this price. So then..!

Okay. You're on the right track. But in my experience, System G always works. Just use that. GM themselves gave 2 bottles along with the car when I bought it!

It is best if you get the injectors cleaned on a machine. As deposits accumilate on the injectors, blocking the amount of fuel being sprayed and this can cause many problems including rough idle or misfire.

No. I haven't tried any engine oil additive. Maybe I'll try them out after my 60K service. 2K to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I have tried looking for system-G, but most bunks dont stock it anymore. They suggest using the high-speed petrol, and say that it has the same effect.
But needless to say... Corsa is one great vehicle to drive. 7 years on and it can outrun most of the new cars today, a pure highway driving machine. I hope GM would one day release the latest variant of the car in India.
Well. In Delhi I find it at most Bharat Petrolium fuel stations. I cannot say if that holds true for Bangalore or not, but the last I heard was the BP was the official distributor/retailer of System G.

Hey mine is 8 and I still outrun most things!
GM will not release the newer versions in India. They are only concentrating on Chevy. And that means old Korean stuff like Daewoo.
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:12   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I have a Corsa and I regularly use System-G. The BP petrol bunk that I use (Jeevan Beema Nagar BP or the one opposite Manipal Hospital) is well stocked with System-G.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks