Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2008, 22:20   #16
BHPian

karthik if its the adrelaine rush and driving pleasure you are looking for then pick the vRS without any doubts. I drive the same car and trust me every time i drive it i dont feel like ending the drive.
the vRS is a better driver's car than accord anyday. Accord is a good buy if you prefer luxury and space.
Old 26th August 2008, 10:03   #17
evo
BHPian

Karthik, I have an RS, and it is one crazy car to drive even though I just have the Phase One upgrade without the carbonio bits etc.

The driving experience will be leagues ahead of the Accord, since you are not even considering a V6.

However, just keep in mind that with the Octy, you`ll pay through your nose for service and the dealerships will rip you off.

But the RS is a car which will make you very very happy when you drive it!

Cheers!
Old 26th August 2008, 10:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Call me stupid but i think the accord and vrs can be compared to a bmw and mercedes respectively (albeit a lot cheaper). At 20 i would pick a beemer for its handling and power, the only downside though is it still looks like the diesel octy (not many people will know the power of the vrs). I can live with the harsher ride. The accord on the other hand is more comfortable, got decent power but not that great a handling. It is meant for people who would drive sedately most of the time and would prefer the comfort over handling.
I would not pick the accord v6 too as it comes only in an automatic.
DISCLAIMER: I have driven all 3 cars quite a bit ( rs, accord 2.4, v6). We own a v6 in the family.

I would not pick the vrs that you have found though. I feel generally if someone has done extensive mods he would have rippped the car's guts out. Try and find an old man's RS (best of luck with that)

Bottom line: For sheer driving pleasure i would pick an rs, an accord for comfort and snob value.

Sorry if i offended anyone.

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 26th August 2008 at 10:46.
Old 26th August 2008, 10:53   #19
BHPian

Dude just go for the RS. There is nothing better. BTW what does the "v" in the vRS logo denote?
Old 26th August 2008, 16:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well, the Skoda RS does seem the better choice with all the features plus the performance mods are easily available... Does anyone know what parts are easily available here for the Accord??

Also are there any issues with modded/remaped RS's?? Like, are they reliable n all??
Old 26th August 2008, 17:25   #21
Team-BHP Support

Go for the RS only if you know you have good support and you are strong in diagnosing what goes wrong. I remember your issues with the TDi a few years ago. Also, can you handle the power!
Old 26th August 2008, 17:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

both in my opinion are good looking cars.atleast we petrolheads know what the RS is.so here's the deal.
If you're looking for a laid back cruising.all silent and comfy.the accord is for you.no matter how much that engine puts out,that car is built of laidback driving style.

If you're looking to scorching the track and attacking every corner.in short spirited driving.then its the RS for you.and you can also cruise if you want.

other than that there is a fact that i'd like to state.all the car mags and people go gaga over the linear power delivery of cars.but the truth is that in reality we don't want a linear power delivery.there is not one person who can say that he doesn't like the sudden rush of the turbo.its simply to addicting.
anothing plus for skoda is that its european build quality is amazing.spare parts cost is high.A.S.S is crap.but in the end don't we all love that car.

get the RS checked though for any oil sludging issues.it should only have been run on fully synthetic oil all its life.
Old 26th August 2008, 17:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, i'm lookin at more of a drivers car, which is the Skoda RS.

Hows the Civic
Old 26th August 2008, 18:16   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

My vote too goes out for the vRS and that too its in yellow-oh my god. Looks like you already decided on the vRS.

I suggest you better lock the deal before someone out here confuses the hell out of you.
Old 26th August 2008, 18:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

civic is great.its basically a good looking cruising car.nice chilled out driving.i get all the rush from the other black machine i have.

so its time for you to get a yellow machine and rip the roads open.keep it stock looking and get an even bigger upgrade.maybe a bigger turbo etc.and well you'll whoop some nice behinds.

i would have bought an RS if a new one would have been available.even rang up the Company's vice president of marketing and sales.but no one could help me get a single piece out of the skoda factory.
Old 26th August 2008, 18:42   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Karthik, I drive a 220bhp Octy. Call me biased, but nothing beats that!!
But, get the car thoroughly checked.
IS that an indian octy..??? and if so is it a vrs..???

Ive got a octy in my building for sale at around 5.5 lakhs. He is currently the second owner.

BUT

This octy is not an RS. Its an L&K octy turbo IMPORT from choksi. Seems to be faster than the RS.
Anyone know the specs of a 05' octy european?
Old 26th August 2008, 18:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Dude just go for the RS. There is nothing better. BTW what does the "v" in the vRS logo denote?
i think vRS stands for Version Rally Sport...
Old 26th August 2008, 18:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku View Post
IS that an indian octy..??? and if so is it a vrs..???
Ive got a octy in my building for sale at around 5.5 lakhs. He is currently the second owner.
BUT
This octy is not an RS. Its an L&K octy turbo IMPORT from choksi. Seems to be faster than the RS.
Anyone know the specs of a 05' octy european?
Yup, a fully desi Octy Rider, not the vRS
The EU Octavia 1 had the same 1.9TDi engine. Maybe a different state of tune, in the range of 100-110bhp. Even these can be tuned. Check Ricky_63's thread
Old 26th August 2008, 19:18   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Yup, a fully desi Octy Rider, not the vRS
The EU Octavia 1 had the same 1.9TDi engine. Maybe a different state of tune, in the range of 100-110bhp. Even these can be tuned. Check Ricky_63's thread
But the one iam talking about is a petrol turbo L&K.

Full desi Octy @220bhp. What mods..?? Maps??
Old 26th August 2008, 19:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Karthik, does the RS you are referring to have a TVM(KL-01 regd??)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks