Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2008, 16:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

This is slightly OT, but what performance upgrade options are available for the Accord 2.4? And what if it's an Automatic?
Old 19th November 2008, 13:23   #47
BHPian

manveet if you are looking at accord for performance then only consider manual version as i feel no matter what mods you do the automatic tranny will always be a weak link.
If i rem correctly you were also keen on picking up a vRS, so what happened to that?
Old 21st November 2008, 20:22   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
manveet if you are looking at accord for performance then only consider manual version as i feel no matter what mods you do the automatic tranny will always be a weak link.
If i rem correctly you were also keen on picking up a vRS, so what happened to that?
Yep, just had a discussion at home today. Its confirmed now, we will be discarding the Accord next year (for a luxury sedan/SUV) and I have to start looking for an ALMOST new RS/1.8TPi.

Worst case if I cannot find anything in the next 2-3 months, will go ahead and pick up a new 1.8TPi as RS not available anymore.

Simultaneously, I have to part with my OHC, so need to find a buyer for that too!!

Can you guys PLEASE help me out finding an immaculate RS/1.8TPi. Looking forward to joining the gang
Old 12th December 2008, 15:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

GOT THE SKODA vRS IN BLACK

The car is just awesome and i managed neat car so it makes it that much more sweeter. And moment u step on the gas just gets a big smile onto your face and driving it is just so fantastic!! I got a BOV for it so that loud turbo whistle is so freaking addictive!

The only annoying this is that the engine check light comes on frequently and i have to take it to the dealer to get it erased. They told me its because of bad fuel but ive been using only Speed 93 or Xtra Premium but still no use..

I think this thread can be closed now...

Last edited by karthik247 : 12th December 2008 at 15:08.
Old 28th May 2009, 21:46   #50
BHPian

Honda Accord 3.0 V6 or Skoda Octavia VRS

A friend of mine is in the market to buy a fun to drive car and there are two cars up for sale in the second-hand market here.

1. Skoda Octavia VRS:

Mileage - 25000 approx
Condition - 8 out of 10
Asking price - 7.6 lakhs

2. Honda Accord 3.0 V6:

Mileage - 22450
Condition - 9 out of 10
Asking price - 8 lakhs

both cars belong to known people and they are in very good condition. except for the RS having a few minor scratches on the rear left corner of the bumper and on the rear left alloy. both cars have been inspected by their respective dealers and have been certified to be in excellent condition.

The cars will be 100% driven on the outskirts, empty roads etc. and will be driven by only one person and resale is not much of a problem.

Only requirement is that the car needs to be fun to drive stock and maybe also respond to modifications well later on. but for now the emphasis is on stock.

which one would you suggest??

He currently drives a Old Honda City Vtec and also owns a Superb Diesel.
Old 28th May 2009, 22:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

The vrs will definately be more fun to drive. the accord has an automatic transmission so thats a bit boring.
similar thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...-skoda-rs.html

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 28th May 2009 at 22:04.
Old 28th May 2009, 22:04   #52
BHPian

I'd go for the Accord, because you get luxury along with the drive....not to mention rear leg room!
Old 28th May 2009, 22:16   #53
BHPian

although skoda is european and will be better to drive. i think accord will be a better choice, it has better comfort and luxury.
Old 28th May 2009, 22:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ4647 View Post
A friend of mine is in the market to buy a fun to drive car and there are two cars up for sale in the second-hand market here.

1. Skoda Octavia VRS:

Mileage - 25000 approx
Condition - 8 out of 10
Asking price - 7.6 lakhs

2. Honda Accord 3.0 V6:

Mileage - 22450
Condition - 9 out of 10
Asking price - 8 lakhs
You havent mentioned the year of registration for both the cars..

I would recommend the accord for the better A>S>S and the better status.Accord is a segment higher.Luxury and driving Pleasure.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th May 2009 at 22:25. Reason: Please avpod quoting large post, for short reply. Thanks
Old 28th May 2009, 22:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

With the way Skoda does business, you really do not want to touch one (that too a second hand one) with the longest pole you can find.

Accord gets my vote - just for the peaceful ownership experience it will offer, between the two.
Old 28th May 2009, 23:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

guys he is looking for a fun to drive car that will be used on empty roads and highways. It is going to be used by only 1 person. comfort is hardly a problem for 1 person in the octy.
The accord is a good drive no doubt but it can hardly be described as fun to drive.
Old 29th May 2009, 00:48   #57
BHPian

I would any day prefer Accord when compared to Skoda
Accord has got cool looks, better Service Support, comfort, good for long drives.
(I didnt mean Skoda is not good, Accord would be the best)
Old 29th May 2009, 01:04   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
guys he is looking for a fun to drive car that will be used on empty roads and highways. It is going to be used by only 1 person. comfort is hardly a problem for 1 person in the octy.
The accord is a good drive no doubt but it can hardly be described as fun to drive.
You say your friend wants a car which is fun to drive. If he buys a Skoda, trust me the fun factor will only last until its time for his first service. Being second hand and I assume out of warranty, he will be bled dry by Skoda. Trust me a 3.0L Accord is more fun anyday. So what if its an Auto?

Honda has more brand value - Its known for its push it as much as you can engines all over the world.
Whats Skoda got? A pathetic Eastern European brand which makes value for money cars (not in India though where Skoda makes "Premium" cars with "Premium" After Sales Service).
Old 29th May 2009, 05:35   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ4647 View Post

1. Skoda Octavia VRS:

Mileage - 25000 approx
Condition - 8 out of 10
Asking price - 7.6 lakhs

2. Honda Accord 3.0 V6:

Mileage - 22450
Condition - 9 out of 10
Asking price - 8 lakhs

both cars belong to known people and they are in very good condition. except for the RS having a few minor scratches on the rear left corner of the bumper and on the rear left alloy. both cars have been inspected by their respective dealers and have been certified to be in excellent condition.

The cars will be 100% driven on the outskirts, empty roads etc. and will be driven by only one person and resale is not much of a problem.

Only requirement is that the car needs to be fun to drive stock and maybe also respond to modifications well later on. but for now the emphasis is on stock.

which one would you suggest??

He currently drives a Old Honda City Vtec and also owns a Superb Diesel.

My vote goes for Honda because of reliability ,and resale value plus there are tons of after market tuners available for honda
Old 29th May 2009, 09:52   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

deja vu

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...ctavia-rs.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks