Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2008, 21:04   #16
BHPian

We need to wait and watch to see the new honda on the road. Verna is kind of tried and tested and is a power packed car. correct me if i am wrong, but isnt the honda bit expensive on serivce and spares compared to hyundia???
Old 8th September 2008, 21:25   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Both cars are good,honda is due for replacement very soon.

seeing your preferences i would rate verna better in power as both cars have very close accelerarion figures but verna feels more powerful in real world driving conditions,interiors are better in city but both cars are spacious and for FE verna is better anyday.

Sadly both cars have very light steering and not so good handling ,the reasons why they are not as involving to drive when compared to paper specs.
Old 8th September 2008, 21:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
I have also tried both and agree with nemo. Amongst the two, my final vote is for Verna. Also the fact that you have had service access issues with Honda which will not be the case with Hyundai.

You can also check out the Fiesta and SX4 in this range. If you are not specific about diesel, Cedia is a good bet where even the base model comes loaded with all safety features like airbags, ABS, EBD etc.

Good luck with your selection.
Thanks Path_Finder
In terms of power Fiesta and SX4 doesn't compare to Verna Crdi and city Vtec. Cedia is a good bet i agree but its FE is again not comparable to Crdi and vtec also .. its not in the same price range....
Old 9th September 2008, 03:29   #19
BHPian

I drive a old 2002 Honda and its quick, but I don’t think Verna has much power than City VTEC as I my self have seen may people who is driving a City VTEC will have, Verna as dote in there mirror.

New City has got lot more stuffs to add in that segment. But when it comes to diesel I think Verna is good.
Old 9th September 2008, 05:08   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
I drive a old 2002 Honda and its quick, but I don’t think Verna has much power than City VTEC as I my self have seen may people who is driving a City VTEC will have, Verna as dote in there mirror.

New City has got lot more stuffs to add in that segment. But when it comes to diesel I think Verna is good.
I think performance wise the new City Vtec is not as fast as the Verna maybe pretty close like a few tenths of a second but on road the Verna will be quicker thanks to the torque.
Old 9th September 2008, 06:59   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouravsinha View Post
Thanks Path_Finder
In terms of power Fiesta and SX4 doesn't compare to Verna Crdi and city Vtec. Cedia is a good bet i agree but its FE is again not comparable to Crdi and vtec also .. its not in the same price range....
If FE and power are top considerations within 9L, then stick to Verna CDRi from amongst your choices
Old 9th September 2008, 09:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Well, mjothi, he is comparing with the Vtec City, which is like 100bhp or so, in which case, a comparo with Verna-P is makes sense.

With a new City expected anytime, it makes sense to wait for it and then make your choice.
Oh. Fine. I missed that part.
Old 9th September 2008, 10:23   #23
BHPian

No airbags

I visited the Hyundai showroom here yesterday and was shocked to learn that the Verna was sold without airbags (not even options).

I think that is really going backwards in this time and age.
Old 10th September 2008, 09:54   #24
BHPian

Thanks

Thanks all of you for your informed suggestion. I have decided to wait for the NNHC/AHC .

Does anyone has any idea how much it is going to cost?
Old 10th September 2008, 10:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouravsinha View Post
Thanks all of you for your informed suggestion. I have decided to wait for the NNHC/AHC .

Does anyone has any idea how much it is going to cost?

It would be tough to predict. But i would guess 10% more than present City.
Old 27th September 2008, 12:17   #26
BHPian

Test drive or not

Cant wait to get my hands on the AHC.

But they are not giving the Test drive till Nov i heard and vehicle will be on display in mid oct.

My Ques is should i go ahead and book the vehicle or wait for the Test drive.

Tech specs really good as u all know, so i am tempted to go with the Honda brand(with TD) i have OHC now and pretty happy with it as of now.

Regards,
Gourav Sinha
Old 2nd October 2008, 17:43   #27
alphamike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
If FE and power are top considerations within 9L, then stick to Verna CDRi from amongst your choices
HI,

I agree on this, with 9 lacs and getting power and FE, Verna is the right choice. A colleague of mine bought one recently and is very happy

Old 2nd October 2008, 19:37   #28
BHPian

Isn't the Hyundai Verna above 9lacs. It costs almost 10+ in Bangalore for a simple CRDI engine basic version of Verna.
That is heack of a money, rather buy a Fiesta TDCi for 8lacs and save those 2lacs, since in 50k kms also you would not make that returns back.
or even a Fiesta S would also save you the money dude.

Anup
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:38   #29
BHPian

I agree and disagree!

Performance wise the OHC Vtec is still better off than the Verna. However, like you said in the city, the Verna is better off than the city because of the torque (turbo charged).

But if you look at outright performance I disagree.

I have dragged with a Verna for almost a KM and I am being honest off the block the Vtec nukes the Verna. However the verna definitely does not become a dot, it stays close probably 2 car lengths behind. I would say, awesome for a Diesel.

Cheers,
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I think performance wise the new City Vtec is not as fast as the Verna maybe pretty close like a few tenths of a second but on road the Verna will be quicker thanks to the torque.

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 3rd October 2008 at 12:39.
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:36   #30
BHPian

Quote:
My Ques is should i go ahead and book the vehicle or wait for the Test drive
i suggest instead of booking without testdrive u can wait and TD the ANHC, then decide.IMO, probably you can opt for the current city if they offers huge discounts. fiesta few months back offered around 70k discount on their stocks before their new facelifted version is launched - that means exshowroom price= OTR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks