Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2008, 17:31   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
ANHC on the contrary has the same engine thats available in other Asian countries. The highest power in class, even exceeding Cedia for that matter. All 4 wheel disc brake with ABS and Airbags standard across all variants. An option of 5 speed automatic with paddle shift, the only other car to have this feature is Honda Civic which sells for 13 big ones. The steering is lifted from a car in higher segment (Civic). The FE would more than likely be higher than SX4. The quality and refinement of Honda engine is a testament in itself. In addition the interiors of Honda are miles apart in finishing compared to any Maruti product. Back that up with the fact that its a brand new model which will have no changes for next 3 years, and the fact that SX4 is due for a minor light and grill change. You now have a hot girl in a good non designer bikini (meant great car with decent features).
The New honda city doesn't have all wheel Disc, only the front is disc and rear are drum brakes. One big thing missing is the climate control.

My advise to the buyer is to go for ANHC if he can spend more money, if he is tight on budget go for the SX4, you won't regret.
Old 1st October 2008, 18:09   #17
BHPian

and once you wait for 2 months , the next invaluable suggestions one is going to give is , " wait till Jan!!!! , it makes sense to get the car as a 2009 model!!".

Do you like ping pong ? Well i like ping pong , it saves me money and i never do anything everyone playing ping pong with me.Who knows maybe one day Pong Ping would come along and reverse Ping Pong and finally I'll buy something .There's a Pong Ping even on T-Bhp and they eventually give their suggestions, i suggest you wait and read a lot of posts before you make a decision.
Old 1st October 2008, 18:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
I have been a big fan of SX4, simply because the size, height, tyre size, room, safety features, VFM, spare parts, service etc.
hmm, why isn't the Logan coming into the picture of choices based on the statement above. I think it ticks most boxes apart from "proven" service since its not a Maruti.
Old 1st October 2008, 18:25   #19
BHPian

The SX4 has lot of niggles in it once it runs more miles. The rattling noise comes out from lot of places in the car. The seat comfort is to the max and feels like a sofa, but that actually reduces the inner space and makes it more like a 4seater. Another thing to notice is rear view is very bad for reversing. Though the car has good height, and good turning controls, who would want to go for it after hearing its mileage. It gives pathetic 8kmpl for lot of customers that I have heard of and yeah few people have commented it to be around 10kmpl. Of all, the Honda engines are par better and the resale value would be surely a good bet.
Just forget about SX4 and go for Honda City buddy. Else I personally would suggest a Fiesta S.

Anup
Old 2nd October 2008, 17:39   #20
alphamike

Just forget about SX4 and go for Honda City buddy. Else I personally would suggest a Fiesta S.

Anup[/quote]

hi,

I am with Anup, the Fiesta S has loads of features and a silky smooth engine. But i suggest should wait for the new City 1.5 Vtec. It looks great and drive a proven engine with all features. All i don't like on the city is the drive is a bit bumpy and throws you around in the car on a bad patch and also rolls a bit else a great petrol car

Old 3rd October 2008, 01:09   #21
BHPian

i advise you to wait for a month and decide. but anyday (or atleast till now), IMO, city has an upperhand over sx4 - be it the looks, performance, and sturdiness. also regarding resale value, city will have an edge, i suppose.
Old 6th October 2008, 09:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ajit,

As an SX 4 owner my opinion is as follows:

1)Honda is a better car if money was not an issue. SX4 is a great VFM package.
2) The SX4 has feaures which the City lacks eg Automatic Climate Control, Alloys,and Fog lamps.
3) you can expect a milege of 1012 in city conditions.
4) SX4 is not very happy in bumper to bumper traffic, while it is great on th highways.
5) The city definitely has better interiors.

Moreover, the SX4 is available off the shelf while you may have to wait 3 months for the City.

The car has attracted a lot of comments from people who have not really used it extensively. Most users (except maybe Amit) are pretty satisfied with their car. There as a poll on the issue on this very forum and most people who spoke against the car did not own it.
Old 6th October 2008, 10:23   #23
BHPian

I guess the wait is coming to an end as far as the 3rd generation Honda City is concerned. The car is expected to be in the showrooms in November.
Old 6th October 2008, 18:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Ah yes, that creature called Linea - that mystical legend whose sightings are reported on and off, that which lurks as a large looming shadow on the Indian Car Scene, whose face has launched a thousand threads, on whom pitched turf wars have been fought, about which enough has been written to match Shakespeare's output, ah yes..that bewitching, beguiling and wholly unattainable creature ..

It could be a long wait though!

Continue to focus on the more tangible SX4s/ANHC!
Lol - Good one and makes perfect sense. The last I heard of Linea it was Sept 15 confirmed from my contact who was working on the Punto project scheduled for 'early' next year. Then he was transferred to Hong Kong and still no sign of Linea. It would have had a fantastic launch but now the ANHC has muddied the waters considerably.

Back on topic most hatches that are made in to sedans have an awkward stance at the back and fortunately the new ANHC has minimised that somewhat.

For 1.5 lakhs you get a pretty spacious car, new design, nice interiors and a peppy i-vtec. The biggest plus is the ANHC has lost its utility feel of the NHC and transformed into a proper car with some character and not an affront to car lovers.

Unless you absolutely love the SX4 I would advice to wait it out for the ANHC so you can test drive it. Its 8-9 lakhs of hard earned money, better to make the right decision.
Old 6th October 2008, 20:25   #25
BHPian

If the extra cash is not a problem then HONDA is the clear winner:
True story- I have 2 friends who both picked up cars roughly at the same time, one a CITY and the other SX4 the SX4 guy now 'sincerely' hopes he too bought the HONDA these are his words " if the Honda is made of steel then my car (SX4) is made of sand and straw" (sorry MUL - that's not me, it was Kurien)
so now you see ! ?
Old 6th October 2008, 21:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

The ANHC dealer here has given me the date for test drive start from 20 oct so it may start early as well. Dont rush and drive it once. You will get your decision!
Old 6th October 2008, 23:47   #27
BHPian

There is too much hype around ANHC at the moment. I mean that crucial things like FE, ride quality etc. are still drivien by optimisim rather than actual facts. So if you have any inclination for ANHC, it is strongly advised to wait till one is able to test drive and few actual user reviews start flowing in. That means more wait time.

On other hand SX4 is time tested. Much more VFM, more features, less cost. Readily available. It does have its drawbacks - so I would only term it as a known evil.

In summary - if you have more time and more money, then ANHC. Else SX4 makes a pratical choice.

Last edited by Path_Finder : 6th October 2008 at 23:49.
Old 6th October 2008, 23:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
In summary - if you have more time and more money, then ANHC. Else SX4 makes a pratical choice.
I'll go with PathFinder, I hope you have more time coz I'm pretty sure that we can get more money. HONDA RULZ !
Old 7th October 2008, 19:37   #29
BHPian

Please do test-drive the automatic version of City - you might not ever feel like changing gears again ;-)
Old 7th October 2008, 21:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkSansFerrari View Post
Please do test-drive the automatic version of City - you might not ever feel like changing gears again ;-)
Hmmmmmm.. I guess there's a different charm of changing manual gears mate. An auto might be handy in bumper to bumper traffic but nothing ever beats the thrill you get from a manual.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks