Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 11:45   #91

Hay the video is not playing, mind shareing what did it say?

I think the question that anyone confused with the two cars should truthfully answer is if the SX4 came with a Honda badge and the NHC as a car came as Maruti car, which is the one they would buy?

and then go ahead and buy that car. I think if you are considering a car in this segment in this day and age, you are too mature to be swayed by a mere badge. The badge has to earn that value. Honda had it with OHC, it hasn't earned that with NHC, at least in my eyes. And i can't imagine it will come with time.

Let's take a look at the reality, NHC came to market 1 yr. later than SX4, it should be car in different league, if we are struggling to find reasons and decimals that can possibly make the car better than SX4, then take it from me, its lost it.

and then u factor in the fact its 1.5L more expensive....jesus somebody was sleeping at Honda.
Old 15th December 2008, 21:11   #92
Senior - BHPian

And yet it sells like hot cakes.

Somebody is awake.
Old 15th December 2008, 22:17   #93
BHPian

In addition to all the Performance/Technical spec. differences discussed, personal satisfaction index should be weighted high.
Vehicle's shape and feel from driver's perspective are key to enhanced driveability.
Have formed a notion about it which i Shall like to share with fellow members and would expect their opinion on it :
Ride's feedback - have you ever noticed that a few cars models are more dented or scratched in comparison to others in general.I think thats more to do with accuracy level of feedback received from external environment while driving,(which is a function of design) than someone's personal competence.
SX4,OHC,Indica and a lot more in the list fall prey to the dead-spots/ no-visibility regions in the vehicle.
I would suggest you to try both of them for a reasonable distance(5-10Km) and check out which one feels more lively, at-ease and safe to your personal self than anyother thing before making a final point.
Cheers and all the best for your new drive!!!
Old 22nd December 2008, 13:24   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
And yet it sells like hot cakes.

Somebody is awake.

Wouldn't it be pre-mature to conclude that for NHC? Even Versa sold gangbusters in the first two months of its exsitence.
Old 16th January 2010, 13:45   #95
BHPian

Stride and Prejudice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Bangle View Post
Hay the video is not playing, mind shareing what did it say?

I think the question that anyone confused with the two cars should truthfully answer is if the SX4 came with a Honda badge and the NHC as a car came as Maruti car, which is the one they would buy?
and then u factor in the fact its 1.5L more expensive....jesus somebody was sleeping at Honda.
BINGO! That's precisely it. We are conditioned to believe in brand Honda after some initial performance and lots of PR work (by people not sleeping at Honda). I'm a new enthusiast in automotives and had no clue as to what to expect. Well, when I inquired regarding about the lacunae in the ANHC at the showroom after TD, I was patronisingly told 'sir, after all, it's a Honda'. Now, it could well be a Boeing but for me, if it doesn't fly...welll. The ANHC IS refined, it IS good looking BUT there are many glitches which made me sqeamish to shell out 9L+ squid for something which is 'after all, a Honda' but doesn't quite behave like one and er...just doesn't fly (we expected to show our rears to all competition in it , quickly at that, while we sat cosy and here we labour to compete against an SX4 with a full 15-16 horses lower). I didn't expect much of the SX-4 though but the new VVT engine took me off guard and I cranked it when it was already running and it is indeed smooth. I would like the figures of comparison between the new VVT SX-4 and the ANHC and then we'll talk.
Then again, the devil's advocate says that the ANHC had great expectations burdening it while the SX-4 did not so that tips the scale for the SX-4 too. But my experience showed that the SX-4 has the potential to be a long rider on Indian roads whereas the ANHC would have be replaced by a newer City in 2-3 years if it is to compete. Mind, the ANHC is not only competing with SX-4, Verna etc but also against the OHC Vtec also which still has a cult and from what I've been reading, OHC owners ain't too happy with ANHC, go figure.
And we can NOT dismiss the *** issue. If it is ego boosting, Maruti *** makes me feel like I have spent money well whereas Honda treats me like it's doing me a favour by servicing my car. If it is practicality, I'll find 20 Maruti people for every Honda service center. Head vs heart is BS. It's all in the mind. If we see the drawbacks, we should not ignore them. There's a good reason why Japanese cars flooded America even in the presence of Fords and GMs (compactness, FE, VFM among them) and I don't see that performance in India these days when the competition is Maruti which is itself in a tightgrip over Indian Auto scene for those very reasons. Anyway, food for thought...how come we call these cars premium (figure of speech) when in the European and American markets they are called economic compacts?
In the end, I still haven't found what I'm looking for...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks