Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2005, 11:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjkulkarni
Your S322's wore out before 30k kms? Really surprising since they are known just for their long life. No grip, no comfort, nothing. Pure unadulterated long life
For the record, the OE Bridgestones on my Accent GLS had to be changed at 26,000 kms. I switched to MRF thereafter on the dealer's recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Hey kphilip 7 hours to cochin?

which route did you take? it takes 5 hours minimum for me to go to cochin form coimbatore???
7 hours from Cochin to B'lore or vice versa is not a problem, if you stick to NH47 upto Salem and thereafter follow the Salem-Bangalore highway.

Depends on the day and the time of the day, as traffic can make it really difficult sometimes. I did my 7 hours on a Sunday - started at 8 am after a big breakfast and reached Cochin at 3 pm sharp. No stops in between.

Cheers

Steer
Old 1st April 2005, 12:40   #32
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the record, the OE Bridgestones on my Accent GLS had to be changed at 26,000 kms. I switched to MRF thereafter on the dealer's recommendation.
I'm really puzzled. Usually S322's last around 30-35k kms minimum. Shan's Vtec's lasted for around 47k kms & we all know how his early morning drives are

Nothing personal Shan.
Old 1st April 2005, 13:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjkulkarni
I'm really puzzled. Usually S322's last around 30-35k kms minimum.
According to the dealer, sustained high-speed drives (he knows that I do fast long-distance drives) will cause more wear. However, I have driven about 15 k on the MRFs now and they seem to be holding up much better than the OE tyres. The MRFs were a bit noisy at first, but 'settled down' after the first 1000 kms after which I've had no issues.

Cheers
Steer
Old 2nd April 2005, 13:33   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
Hey Jasi,

Your S322's wore out before 30k kms? Really surprising since they are known just for their long life. No grip, no comfort, nothing. Pure unadulterated long life
The S322's had a bit more life in them at 30K,but I did'nt want to risk it.Anyway you can't think about how you're tyres are holding up when you're doing 130+,you'll be preoccupied with going faster!!I also recommend tyre replacement to all my CRDi customers who have done more than 30K.The S322's have been known to last for more than 35-40K on all other Hyundai models,subject to being maintained properly.
Old 10th April 2005, 19:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm really puzzled. Usually S322's last around 30-35k kms minimum.
My falkens are lasting me more than those S322's.

Anyways the CRDi is the best of the accents available....comparing it the octavia...well...the skoda as someone mentioned is in a league of its own.

In about 35000kms in a little more than a year...i've had absolutely no problems with the car...
I've had the brake pads replaced...which cost me about 4500 bucks...and thats all i've spent on it in 35k kms with regards to mantainence.
The engine is really good...but its a little noisy like others mentioned....and it has a tendency to vibrate when you start or stop the engine. The backseat is not too comfortable. The car has a tendency to snap while taking fast corners.

Even after driving the way i do...i get around 11kmpl in city and about 18 on the highway. The stock tyres are pathetic...i've upgraded to falkens 185/60R14. After that there has been a huge difference in the grip levels...even the brakes feel much better. The handling ... it does have noticable bodyroll...proof - my mud flaps scrape the road in corners. But its not as bad as others may have you to believe. The ride is reasonably good. Deals nicely with potholes...ride gets better as the speed increases.

So if you buy the CRDi ... make sure you change the rubber. Apart from that its a great car. Hope this helps.

Drifter
Old 10th April 2005, 22:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
The handling ... it does have noticable bodyroll...proof - my mud flaps scrape the road in corners. But its not as bad as others may have you to believe. Drifter
hey drifter pal,

thats all i can say .........ROTFLMGO

you blaming the car having body roll for the way u drive ??

cheers
Old 10th April 2005, 22:43   #37
BHPian

thanks man.. Accent is actually a rally car and the viva tends to slide out a little bit and is fun. Though i dont like the looks of the viva that much.. Mostly going in for an Accent soon. Heard that Octavia clutch costs 65k??? Thats what I heard from a guy who used to work at Skoda. So therefore cost of ownership of Accent is much cheaper. Plus read about Detroil Diesel and got in depth articles on the same engine.. pretty cool for a 3 cylinder car.
Waiting time too long unfortunately. 1 month atleast.
Rubber has tto be changed on any new car cause they are pathetic. S322's a no no.. Mostly michelin or pirelli's.
Old 10th April 2005, 23:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
The handling ... it does have noticable bodyroll...proof - my mud flaps scrape the road in corners.

Drifter
It's because your mud flaps are obnoxiously large, and they say TRD on a Hyundai!

Why don't you just use the nice Sparco types a nice chap in a loud Zen gave you?
Old 10th April 2005, 23:21   #39
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Update- Ditched the S322's for Michelin Certis- 185/70 with the stock rims & its made a huge difference. My concern in this case was ride comfort & not handling. Potholes are well damped & ride has improved overall.
Old 10th April 2005, 23:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head
It's because your mud flaps are obnoxiously large, and they say TRD on a Hyundai!
and TRD is easily visible too ..the neons working their magic underneath the car

cheers
Old 11th April 2005, 09:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hehe....let the TRD flaps finish....then i'l get sparco ones ok.

Drifter
Old 11th April 2005, 15:49   #42
BHPian

Hi guys ..another CRDi owner here ...I guess there is nothing more to add here about the power of the car.It ROCKS...150 KM is a breeze,but god help us if u had to brake hard .By the way guys ,i had to change the brake pads twice before 21000k.Might be due to my driving style(dad says so).And YES any seat other than the driving seat in CRDi ,i 'll pass.back seat will toss you around for the whole journey.And i have felt the steering is a bit too vague for my liking at high speeds.

and harrie we took arnd just 2.5 hrs from palghat to cochin.that was arnd 12 -2.30 in the nite.
Old 11th April 2005, 21:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way guys ,i had to change the brake pads twice before 21000k.Might be due to my driving style(dad says so).
Dont tell me you had to change twice...you must be riding your brakes like hell. NC u listening? and u thought i drove hard?

Drifter
Old 11th April 2005, 21:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way guys ,i had to change the brake pads twice before 21000k.Might be due to my driving style(dad says so).
No offence meant but, 2 replacements in 21000kms isn't the way to go, especially on a road car.

Shan2nu
Old 11th April 2005, 22:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
I'm really puzzled. Usually S322's last around 30-35k kms minimum. Shan's Vtec's lasted for around 47k kms & we all know how his early morning drives are

Nothing personal Shan.

maybe the VTEC has a bigg speedo error.35k on other cars means 47k on a vtec.

Quote:

Hehe....let the TRD flaps finish....then i'l get sparco ones ok
the sparco's are already finished.. i guess u did not look at them properly.hehe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks