Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 13:37   #31
BHPian

Fiesta S vs ANHC vs Cedia ALPG

Hi friends,
I am willing to change my 8 Years old Ford Ikon 1.6 zxi. I considered ANHC, Fiesta S & Cedia ALPG.
My driving per month in city is less then 250 Km and Highway driving is max twice a year, combined max 4000 to 5000 km per year.
Frankly speaking I am a fast driver and like my car to be fastest in the lot yet be ok with the fuel economy.

Now some questions in my mind are:

Q1. Is it worth to wait for ANHC?

Negatives:

-First and Major most is 160 mm of ground clearance with a huge wheelbase. I think the underbody of car will keep getting screeched every speed barker and you know the condition of roads in Delhi and NCR.
-The back seat doesn't have a good lumber support for long journey it can be tiresome. Even the support is less by 15 mm compared to NHC.
-Rear speakers at door. According to me for a good sound output the speakers must be placed on back tray.
-No alloy wheels, fog lamps, spoilers, etc. included at a price point of 9 Lacs approx.

positives:

-Great looking car. Well I will rate it as the best looking car under 10 Lacs price bracket.
-I don't actually know but the Honda salesman are sure and committing a mileage of 13 to 15 in city and 17 to 19 on highways.
-The engine is said to me much refined and 118 Bhb is the best amongst the competition too.
-Great resale value.

Q2. Is Cedia a good car?

Negatives:

-Not have much presence on Delhi road.
-I haven’t TD Cedia but learned that the rear seat lumber support is bad.
-Looks from front are ok but rear looks to me are that of an old car.
-Mileage I think would be 9 to 10 Kmpl in city and 12 to 13 on highways.
-I think maintenance cost will be high.
-Lack of dealers and service centers.

positives:

-D segment car at C segment car price well almost.
-Company fitted LPG kit offers low running cost.
-Alloys, ABS, EBS, Airbags, CD music system, turning radius only 4.9 M, etc.
-Value for money with a huge discount of Rs. 75000.

Q3. Is Fiesta S a good buy to upgrade Ikon 1.6 Zxi?

Negatives:

-Low fuel economy as I have learned around 10 Kmpl in city and 14 Kmpl on highway.
-The thrill is about average as brand name of Ford doesn’t stand good these days.
-Overall satisfying but not to the level I expected after considering it an upgrade of Ikon 1.6 Zxi.

positives:

-Fully loaded with Alloys, ABS, EBS, Airbags, CD music system, etc.
-Priced at least 1 Lacs below the competition.

This is all I can think at this time. Please advice.
VikCho
Old 5th November 2008, 15:13   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikCho View Post

Don't make up your mind till you TD the ANHC. Things like alloys, fogs, speakers can be added later and are trivial things.

USP of honda: trust, peace of mind, reliability, A.S.&S., resale value, etc.

Ground clearance is better than my OHC and i don't scrape speed breakers. You just need to drive over them correctly.

You can TD the cedia and make up your mind between it and the fiesta. But leave your final decision till you get to TD the AHNC.
Old 5th November 2008, 15:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

@Vikcho- Go for the Fiesta S if you want a driver s car with excellent VFM ,without resale being a consideration. Cedia is a good car , but resale will be worse among the 3 in the list. So its upto you. Regarding foglamps ,alloys for ANHC. As already mentioned in Vivek s thread of ANHC . Honda will give foglamps as an optional. Alloys - Honda might give an option in the near future or you can get a aftermarket on. If you seriously looking at VFM - Fiesta S wins hands down.
Old 5th November 2008, 15:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Cedia does have the features but like you said looks are old.
Fiesta S people are quiet happy who have bought it. Search threads on the form for the owners review to get better idea.
ANHC does not seems to be a VFM car by any means however do take a test drive of all 3 and then weigh the pros and cons to buy out. Gud luck.
Old 6th November 2008, 10:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Dear friends,
Tomorrow I went to visit Hyundai showroom to take a final decision and TD Verna CRDI but the salesman there told me if you don't have a run of at least 80 Km daily don't even conceder Verna CRDI. He told me why to spend nearly 1.5 Lacs extra for Diesel which has high servicing and maintenance cost compared to Petrol. He added after conceding my usage pattern that I am not going to use petrol worth 1.5 Lacs in next five years. Frankly Verna petrol is out of my consideration as I don’t like it’s performance and looks.
Ha!Ha! What a fool was that Hyundai sales person. The customer walks in with decision to buy his product and he managed to confuse the customer so much that he no more considers his product. Anyhow VikCho, no need to regret – Verna was more of a decision of the heart, now that has been ruptured, just forget it.

Quote:
Now the only choice I am left with was ANHC, but it is not yet out even for TD. So I unwillingly went to a nearby Ford showroom just to have a look at Fiesta S. Well I must confess that it is almost a mind-blowing car at that price point. Fully loaded and the TD was also satisfying but not to the level I expected after considering it an upgrade of Ikon 1.6 Zxi.

On the way back I saw a Mitsubishi Showroom and as advised by the member Path_Finder I went to conceder Cedia, which according to me was 1 lac more expensive to Top model ANHC. But to my surprise dealer offered me a discount of Rs. 75000 on the ALPG Cedia as I have to pay only Ex-showroom amount and take the vehicle home. Is this a great deal? I was unable to view and TD as car was not on display on the showroom. Salesman promised me to bring the car to my site for a TD today.

Now conceding that I am Getting Fiesta S for Rs. 7.76 Lacs and Cedia ALPG for 9.09 Lacs on Road.
Good! You now have very sensible alternatives

Quote:
Now some questions in my mind are:

-ves:

-First and Major most is 160 mm of ground clearance with a huge wheelbase. I think the underbody of car will keep getting screeched every speed barker and you know the condition of roads in Delhi and NCR.
-The back seat doesn't have a good lumber support for long journey it can be tiresome. Even the support is less by 15 mm compared to NHC.
-Rear speakers at door. According to me for a good sound output the speakers must be placed on back tray.
-No alloy wheels, fog lamps, spoilers, etc. included at a price point of 9 Lacs approx.

+ves

-Great looking car. Well I will rate it as the best looking car under 10 Lacs price bracket.
-I don't actually know but the Honda salesman are sure and committing a mileage of 13 to 15 in city and 17 to 19 on highways.
-The engine is said to me much refined and 118 Bhb is the best amongst the competition too.
-Great resale value.

Q2. Is Cedia a good car?

-ves:

-Not have much presence on Delhi road.
-I haven’t TD Cedia but learned that the rear seat lumber support is bad.
-Looks from front are ok but rear looks to me are that of an old car.
-Mileage I think would be 9 to 10 Kmpl in city and 12 to 13 on highways.
-I think maintenance cost will be high.
-Lack of dealers and service centers.

+ves:

-D segment car at C segment car price well almost.
-Company fitted LPG kit offers low running cost.
-Alloys, ABS, EBS, Airbags, CD music system, turning radius only 4.9 M, etc.
-Value for money with a huge discount of Rs. 75000.

Q3. Is Fiesta S a good buy to upgrade Ikon 1.6 Zxi?

-ves:

-Low fuel economy as I have learned around 10 Kmpl in city and 14 Kmpl on highway.
-The thrill is about average as brand name of Ford doesn’t stand good these days.

+ves:

-Fully loaded with Alloys, ABS, EBS, Airbags, CD music system, etc.
-Priced at least 1 Lacs below the competition.

This is all I can think at this time. Please advice.
VikCho
Underbody screeching: quoted GC figure is only an indication. Actual screeching effect while driving will also depend on wheel base, suspension etc. Only real TD and user reviews will tell how good the modified body performs. What I more worried about the chassis modification is on the turning radius which has been affected. It will have a big negative impact on maneuverability on city traffic. Cedia and Fiesta scores very well here. The Cedia is really a surprise here in spite of it being bigger – and belive me, it is a big big plus.
Back seat: Well in modern cars, I see a problem here. Not sure how important it is to you. But then you choices will like Logan, Indigo etc. So I will not call out the lumbar support as a –ve with ANHC, but the sloping floor is. Check out yourself
118bhp: I would not give more marks here. 118 is at peak 6500rpm which is not a practical engine speed. I guess this peaking would also have resulted in compromise on low end performance like the Civic. Yet to experience the ANHC, but I would guess that in normal usage the Fiesta and Cedia will perform much better.
Resale value: I would consider this only if you plan to sell in less than 3 years. Things change beyond that. For example 6 years back evaluated between Baleno and Ikon. Ikon was expcted to fare better because Baleno was considered a failure. 2 years later Baleno was discontinued and this became true. But today the Baleno gets much better resale than the Ikon. So it keeps changing.
Maintenance cost: Cedia will certainly be not more than Ford or Honda. But agree that number of service dealers for Cedia will be less.
Looks: entirely your personal feel.
FE: Cedia you will get city/highway of 10/14 – you can verify from reviews on t-bhp. Fiesta also same. ANHC is still unknown. No official word from Honda. I would not assume or extrapolate from that of the previous version because of the engne tweaking they have done. Overall I would think all the three vehicles will be even here.
-D segment car at C segment car price well almost: yes – that would be a +ve with Cedia. In fact I would feel from Ikon 1.6Nxt, the Fiesta will not give you the feeling of an upgrade, but the Cedia royally scores here.
Alloys, Fogs etc: Honda will provide these as options - but at a fancy cost. But they will not provide Automatic climate control.

Anyhow these are just considerations. You need to go the weightage you give to each of the factors.

Last edited by Path_Finder : 6th November 2008 at 10:39.
Old 6th November 2008, 15:19   #36
BHPian

Hi VikCho,
I too had the same choices albeit the petrol Cedia.
I checked out the fiesta 1.6S, the Verna, SX4, ANHC and the Cedia, albeit the petrol not the ALPG.
With regards to your choices.

Cedia:
The Cedia was dropped off instantly. When I went to the Mitsubishi dealer in Pune, they seemed least interested in selling the car itself. If that's the kind of enthusiasm they have I wonder how the A.S.S will be. I also found out from couple of friends that Mitsubishi doesn't have service centers in couple of citys (one of which I visit often). Another turn off was the monthly sale figures I got from the Mitsubishi team, I asked them how many cars they sell in a month and they said 10 - 12. With their kind of sales service, no wonder.

ANHC:
The interiors were a total turnoff, pathetic. Also lack of alloys/fog lamps/CD player/leather seats/adjustable headrests for the back seats, at the additional premium they were charging made me feel the vehicle was not worth it, just doesn't feel like a VFM product. Honda seems to have cut too many corners and it looks like they are only trying to cash in on the brand name, and giving a low VFM product. One other thing was the uncertain delivery dates and lack of a TD vehicle. Can't buy a vehicle before taking a test drive.

Fiesta 1.6S:
Was a pleasure to drive, directly wanted to have this vehicle when I drove it. The car appealed to the driver in me. A total Value For Money product. Airbags/ABS/EBD/Fog Lamps/Integrated MP3 player/Alloys/15" wheels/Bodykit at the price was a steal. The only thing extra that I'd have wanted in this car would be adjustable headrests for the back seats and a slightly lighter interior colour. The dark colour makes the interior look small, though one advantage would be that it would not get dirty fast. I also had a requirement that the car that I was going for atleast have a mileage of 10kmpl, and I believe the 1.6S gives that on a minimum.
I'm getting the delivery of my 1.6S tomorrow !

Last edited by autoenthusiast : 6th November 2008 at 15:31. Reason: added "interior colour" in place of "colour" in the 1.6S review
Old 6th November 2008, 18:15   #37
BHPian

Hey VikCho, I am seeing this thread now – this is the same long question, you have asked in the previous thread. Understand that some options have changed, but do not open multiple threads. If required you can contact t-bhp support and request mods to change the thread title.

Mods, I suggest that this thread be merged with http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...erna-crdi.html – and if required modify the title appropriately. (may be Verna or ANHC or Fiesta S or Cedia ALPG)

Last edited by Path_Finder : 6th November 2008 at 18:22. Reason: spelling
Old 7th November 2008, 13:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Cedia:
The Cedia was dropped off instantly. When I went to the Mitsubishi dealer in Pune, they seemed least interested in selling the car itself. If that's the kind of enthusiasm they have I wonder how the A.S.S will be. I also found out from couple of friends that Mitsubishi doesn't have service centers in couple of citys (one of which I visit often). Another turn off was the monthly sale figures I got from the Mitsubishi team, I asked them how many cars they sell in a month and they said 10 - 12. With their kind of sales service, no wonder.
I agree to you about the low sales figure but TD was really impressive. About the A.S.S the dealer have free pickup and delivery for service and maintenance, the service cost is also not high comparatively and also mentioned in a topic earlier the price of parts have been reduced allot by Mitsubishi some months ago

Quote:
ANHC:
The interiors were a total turnoff, pathetic. Also lack of alloys/fog lamps/CD player/leather seats/adjustable headrests for the back seats, at the additional premium they were charging made me feel the vehicle was not worth it, just doesn't feel like a VFM product. Honda seems to have cut too many corners and it looks like they are only trying to cash in on the brand name, and giving a low VFM product. One other thing was the uncertain delivery dates and lack of a TD vehicle. Can't buy a vehicle before taking a test drive.
I agree the interiors are not up to the mark but not that bad either. According to me the price it carries it should have at least alloys and fog lamps as standard. Also to add the review topic of ANHC says on highway ANHC automatic managed an millage of around 20 Kmpl which is a head turner. More on it can only be said after TD is available.

Quote:
Fiesta 1.6S:
Was a pleasure to drive, directly wanted to have this vehicle when I drove it. The car appealed to the driver in me. A total Value For Money product. Airbags/ABS/EBD/Fog Lamps/Integrated MP3 player/Alloys/15" wheels/Bodykit at the price was a steal. The only thing extra that I'd have wanted in this car would be adjustable headrests for the back seats and a slightly lighter interior colour. The dark colour makes the interior look small, though one advantage would be that it would not get dirty fast. I also had a requirement that the car that I was going for atleast have a mileage of 10kmpl, and I believe the 1.6S gives that on a minimum.
I'm getting the delivery of my 1.6S tomorrow !
Fiesta truly is a VFM vehicle but driving it after an Ikon was not a great experience. As said so I will still consider Fiesta S and Cedia if the TD of Honda does not satisfy me.
Vikcho

Last edited by Aditya : 7th November 2008 at 14:06.
Old 8th November 2008, 12:20   #39
BHPian

Now till the TD of ANHC is available I would like a poll from Team-BHP. Given the budget of 9 Lacs which car will you prefer and why.
1 Cedia ALPG
2 ANHC
3 Fiesta S
Old 9th November 2008, 17:47   #40
BHPian

Dear Friends,
I read in the thread "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/48489-all-so-clear-but-c-segment-d-segment.html" that the old Corolla (Non Altis) is selling at a huge discount. If I can get one old Corolla H1 under 10 Lacs should I conceder it a better deal then ANHC S-MT at 8.83 Lacs.
Please recommend.
VikCho
Old 9th November 2008, 22:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,
I read in the thread "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/48489-all-so-clear-but-c-segment-d-segment.html" that the old Corolla (Non Altis) is selling at a huge discount. If I can get one old Corolla H1 under 10 Lacs should I conceder it a better deal then ANHC S-MT at 8.83 Lacs.
Please recommend.
VikCho
Inspite of the discount i would nt recommend you the old model. Corolla is a great car no doubt but resale would be hit if you sell after 5 years . New City would fetch you better resale after 5 years. Members correct me if im wrong.

Quote:
Now till the TD of ANHC is available I would like a poll from Team-BHP. Given the budget of 9 Lacs which car will you prefer and why.
1 Cedia ALPG
2 ANHC
3 Fiesta S

I wouldnt suggest the Cedia! Among the ANHC & Fiesta S iT depends if ur ready to pay the premium for a Honda. Fiesta S is brilliant VFM & a drivers car. I think your mind will be clear after the ANHC test drive.
Old 9th November 2008, 22:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post

118bhp: I would not give more marks here. 118 is at peak 6500rpm which is not a practical engine speed. I guess this peaking would also have resulted in compromise on low end performance like the Civic. Yet to experience the ANHC, but I would guess that in normal usage the Fiesta and Cedia will perform much better.

I think its 118ps = 116.26 bhp and not 118 bhp.
You are correct that bottom end of Civic is compromised. Moreover the present Honda Accord sold in India also has a weak performance ( read lower than expected form a 2354cc motor ) in 2k-4k rpm range.
But in case of G3HC, the engine is a long stroke motor, so it wont be as bad as Civic in case of bottom end performance, but again ACI reported slightly weak in 2k-4k rpm band.

I would suggest Fiesta S. Its not as fast as G3HC neither does it reach a top speed as much as G3HC,but still is a great car to drive and rear floorpan issue that is present in G3HC due to fuel tank below front seats ( G2HC had the same location and Original Mitsubishi Lancer with 1.5petrol/2.0ltr diesel also had fuel tank below front seats ) is not present in Fiesta.
Old 9th November 2008, 23:24   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,
Please recommend.
VikCho
You seem to be going after bargains.
I guess the Cedia ALPG must be the pre-facelift version and hence the bargain. Now you are enquiring of the Corolla (pre-Altis). Well if you are consciously going after it, then it is ok. Depends what price you get the Corolla for.
Well another very good bargain could be with the Honda City (NHC) – most dealers have huge stock of NHC ZX – you can check out the VTEC at a huge bargain. FYI, it comes with alloys, fogs, CD player etc. which are missing even on the ANHC.
And of course you have the Fiesta! Have you driven the Feista? How do you feel about it?

I would put Corolla and Cedia as D segment cars whereas Fiesta and City are C segment cars. I am not sure how price sensitive and segment conscious you are.
If you are both price sensitive and segment conscious then check the Corolla and Cedia
If you are not segment conscious, but price sensitive – then Feista S or City Zx
If you are not price sensitive and not segment conscious – then ANHC
If you are not price sensitive and very segment conscious – then sky is limit – anyhow I think this is not the case.

Resale is one point to consider while picking up bargain – but if you keep for minimum 4-5 years, then it may not affect much, the upfront saving today will give you a benefit. You may get even better bargains in December.

Well it is confusing – sit back and think, be clear of your priorities and then make your decision.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:50   #44
BHPian

if you have a lot to run as in like 3-4k( even 1-2k kms per month) then close your eyes and go for verna CRDI you will have a blast smokin cars from lower and upper segments

i have a ball every time i go for a long drive!
its one long race and i end up saving a lot on the feul!

for example a tank up costs around 1400-1500rs for me. as per current diesel rates in Cbe. and the same would go to the region of 2500rs in case of honda city and the likes. and each time you blast the car will be drinking feul like crazy and imagine the situation when you rip , a diesel zipps past you as if you were standing still !!

welcome to verna terittory
Old 10th November 2008, 12:35   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
You seem to be going after bargains.
I guess the Cedia ALPG must be the pre-facelift version and hence the bargain. Now you are enquiring of the Corolla (pre-Altis). Well if you are consciously going after it, then it is ok. Depends what price you get the Corolla for.
Well another very good bargain could be with the Honda City (NHC) – most dealers have huge stock of NHC ZX – you can check out the VTEC at a huge bargain. FYI, it comes with alloys, fogs, CD player etc. which are missing even on the ANHC.
And of course you have the Fiesta! Have you driven the Feista? How do you feel about it?

I would put Corolla and Cedia as D segment cars whereas Fiesta and City are C segment cars. I am not sure how price sensitive and segment conscious you are.
If you are both price sensitive and segment conscious then check the Corolla and Cedia
If you are not segment conscious, but price sensitive – then Feista S or City Zx
If you are not price sensitive and not segment conscious – then ANHC
If you are not price sensitive and very segment conscious – then sky is limit – anyhow I think this is not the case.

Resale is one point to consider while picking up bargain – but if you keep for minimum 4-5 years, then it may not affect much, the upfront saving today will give you a benefit. You may get even better bargains in December.

Well it is confusing – sit back and think, be clear of your priorities and then make your decision.
Thanks for your advice. But my point is my annual drive is only below 5000 Km and the period for which I am conceding the car is at least 5 years. I love to drive cars with good driving dynamics, classy looks and my budget is 9 Lacs. Now all the cars Fiesta S, Cedia, ANHC & old Corolla are good cars and almost in my budget price.

Conceding C segment Fiesta S is VFM car and ANHC is new and better looking car to me.
Conceding D segment new Cedia is out of budget and Cedia ALPG is VFM and less on running cost with LPG but lack of boot space is a big issue. Old Corolla is a better looking and a car looked upon as much better car then Cedia (in the eyes of an ordinary person Corolla is considered expensive and bigger car then Cedia).

Now in my budget which car is best for me? I am totally confused, one day I conceder going for Cedia another day it becomes Fiesta S and at the end I think of TD ANHC first. Although I am not in a hurry of buying a car. I can still wait as my old love Ikon is in 100% running condition and can take on any car on highways.

Now coming to your question of have I driven Fiesta S?
Yes, the car is good at handling and is fun to drive. But driving it after Ikon 1.6 Zxi it doesn't feels like a real upgrade. This is the only issue I have with Fiesta.

I still need of your advice.
VikCho

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks