Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2008, 17:45   #61
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikCho View Post
Now I have one more important question in mind.
A ANHC S-MT at 8.83 Lacs or old Corolla H2 at 10 Lacs (Assumed price).

Corolla's plus:
Alloy Wheels
Fog lamps
Climate control AC
Bigger engine (1.8 L at 125 Bhp)

Negatives:
Faced out model
Low FE

ANHC plus:
New vehicle
Better looks
Better FE expected
I am in the same boat as you and seriously considering a less used H2 in the 8-9 price bracket.

Some more positives of Corolla which you should include are:

1. Far more spaceous inside
2. Very good engine speed at low,mid & high rpms
3. Electric folding rear view mirrors
4. All-wheel Disc Brakes
5. CD changer with 6 speakers
6. 60:40 rear seat split
7. Good Ground Clearance
8. Better turning circle radius (5.1 as opposed to 5.3 of ANHC)
9. Good sized stock tyres (No need for upgrading/no skinny tyres)

FE may not be all that bad. It will be in the range of 9-10 depending on driving style. ANHC might give 1 or 2 kms more, but you will have to compromise on the low end drivability - Need to verify after TD)
Old 15th November 2008, 17:58   #62
oss
BHPian

And how can i forget the Automatic climate control and the leather wrapped steering wheel (may ANHC upstages Corolla here by giving the steering mounted audio controls). But ACC definitely scores.
Old 15th November 2008, 22:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

The new NHC looks gorgeous. Mercifully, Honda discontinued that "added-trunk" model which I just hated. Verna also looks ugly. But if we bring performance into picture, CRDi Verna can blow New NHC and even CRV and Civic into weeds.
Old 15th November 2008, 22:41   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
CRDi Verna can blow New NHC and even CRV and Civic into weeds.
Verna CRDI is a pocket rocket. But i found it quite unstable after 120 km/hr.Also no Airbags in Verna!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikCho View Post

1.Also no appropriate figure for FE on ANHC is known.

I am conceding a period of over 5 years for which I am not going to change my car after this purchase. Also the ANHC is not a tried and tested product so who knows about the resale value after 5 years or more.

Up till now what I have learned is that the servicing cost of Honda is more then Ford. Other then that wear and tear cost might be high on Ford. Also the ground clearance of ANHC worries me.

You are right but I expect a price cut or free accessories package to come from Honda mid next year. May be after Fiat launch Linea. The top model I expect in the same price comes loaded with Alloys, Fog lamps, and other accessories as standard. Also as honda launched NHC ZX a few years after launching NHC, such changes can be expected.

VikCho

1. As per the TD by most experts the Mileage is expected to be a tad lower than City ZX levels. Tough to comment as this car is heavier than City Zx and has a more powerful engine. But I heard it ll definitely be 10 km-11 in bumper to bumper traffic

2. Honda badge & City models have known to have good resale.
ANHC is not a tried & tested product??? Its just a next generation
City not a totally new model

3. Honda servicing is definitely cheaper from what i heard. Ford spares were a rip off sometime back since they were importing some of them.
But from the feedback i got from my friend its better now.

4. See you cant keep thinking of facelifts & changes a car goes through after few years. You are in the market now so you have to buy it. If you think of the facelifts then you ll end up being more confused. Fiesta is almost in its 4th year now. So you think buyers will wait for the facelift model? The above is the answer to the bold. Dont expect price cuts from Honda. But yeah you can expect all the missing features in the City S in near future.
Old 15th November 2008, 22:58   #65
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Verna CRDI is a pocket rocket. But i found it quite unstable after 120 km/hr.Also no Airbags in Verna!!
And the turbo lag makes it so annoying to drive in the city traffic.
Old 17th November 2008, 17:30   #66
BHPian

Hi Friends,
Today I read somewhere in the thread that Lenia is getting launched 23 Nov. The fiat India website says Dec. I also visited - Fiat Linea - today and features the car carry are impressive. Now my question is.
Is it a real in competition with ANHC?
Any more details about the car?
Will the car stand the competition or will be left out as Cedia?
Is it a practical choice to chose Fiat over Honda?
Vikcho
Old 17th November 2008, 21:57   #67
Senior - BHPian

@Vikcho- Fiat website says Dec launch. But our as per Linea thread there is info of 23rd Nov launch. Well Linea boasts of more features than stingy Honda. Well it sure will compete with ANHC. Since your driving is quite less you better stick to petrol . Pricing will be a key for Fiat. Also they need to jump leaps to improve A.S.S. If you were in market for a diesel i would have adviced wait for Linea MJD( which would sell more than it petrol counterpart IMO). But you can still wait for the Linea Petrol and decide.
Old 17th November 2008, 22:28   #68
Senior - BHPian

@Vikcho- Probably Fiat will do a soft launch like ANHC on 23 Nov as per reports on the Linea thread.In my opinion Linea will be more VFM as per the features expected in it. So wait for it and then make your mind.
Old 18th November 2008, 07:28   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

@VikCho

You started this thread nearly twenty days ago and still haven't made up your mind. You still have to TD the ANHC. But now you will wait for linea to launch and then do this TD. Then the thread will change to linea or ANHC/fiesta. By then someone will suggest wait till jan for delivery so you get a change in year on the RC book. Again, by then another car will be launching soon and you will wait and the cycle will repeat.
So my humble point: Enough of using your mind (and other's), go with your heart now.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:20   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
@VikCho

You started this thread nearly twenty days ago and still haven't made up your mind. You still have to TD the ANHC. But now you will wait for linea to launch and then do this TD. Then the thread will change to linea or ANHC/fiesta. By then someone will suggest wait till jan for delivery so you get a change in year on the RC book. Again, by then another car will be launching soon and you will wait and the cycle will repeat.
So my humble point: Enough of using your mind (and other's), go with your heart now.
Dear friend,
Thanks for your friendly advice. But I am not the one who keeps changing car every few years. You can see that I own Ikon for over 8 years. I want the best car in my budget which I will not change for at least 5 to 8 years from now. Re-sale is not a big issue for me. Linea was not in consideration earlier only because launch I expected to be in mid 2009 and also Fiat's brand image. As I have said earlier all other cars I have considered in the thread (Fiesta, Cedia, Verna, old Corolla) are ruled out now and I am focusing only on ANHC. But if Linea is more VFM, big on space, better loaded with features like Alloys, bigger tires, Climate control AC, "blue and me", automatic wipers and head light, etc. and comes with a great price tag I will defiantly conceder it.

Also there is no point in buying the ANHC in Dec as no discount and my Ikon is running fine so why not wait for a month or two and get a new model. Also I have conformed from Toyota about there Sedan in ANHC segment, but they said it is going to launch after sep next year. So no new car in the segment to launch in early 2009.
Now only options in my list are ANHC and Linea (petrol only) so please provide me with any possible advice on the cars.
Regards and thanks to all the members for there help and support till now.
VikCho
Old 18th November 2008, 14:54   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

VikCho,

No harm meant and your point well taken. Let's wait for the linea launch and final pricing, TD both vehicles and make a call then.
Old 19th November 2008, 09:41   #72
BHPian

Hey VikCho
Probably i am in the same boat as you. Like the looks of the New City but mind says to go in for Verna.
My piece of advice would be that if you can stay with the looks of the Verna, please go ahead with the car. Here are some arguments to support the same.
1. Raw power from a torquey diesel mill.
2. Priced at the same price level as ANHC, but gives the economy of a diesel.
3. Expecting an Airbag loaded version soon, so it would become even more VFM.
4. Better After sales service as compared to Honda.
5. Cheaper to maintain with daily wear and tear as spares would be cheaper as compared to Honda.
6. Even though you drive less today but you usage might increase in future. More so if you buy a car that cost less than 3 Rs a KM to run.
7. Verna interiors are better than the ANHC, though ANHC looks quite good from outside.
Old 19th November 2008, 09:53   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
7. Verna interiors are better than the ANHC, though ANHC looks quite good from outside.
Z_V - Lets not confuse Vikcho further. He has already explained about the Verna experience.

3. I dont think only with airbags it becomes VFM. IMO its quite overpriced. the Engine & space is great . But priced a tad higher.
4. This i wouldnt comment much. I think they are at par.
7.Well Verna s steering wheel does look cheap. ANHC s instrument cluster & steering wheel are surely better than Verna s . Other than that ANHC interior quality is surely not upto the mark. But i wouldnt say Verna interiors are better. Fiesta interior quality is better than ANHC.
Old 19th November 2008, 14:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Hey VikCho
Probably i am in the same boat as you. Like the looks of the New City but mind says to go in for Verna.
My piece of advice would be that if you can stay with the looks of the Verna, please go ahead with the car. Here are some arguments to support the same.
1. Raw power from a torquey diesel mill.
2. Priced at the same price level as ANHC, but gives the economy of a diesel.
5. Cheaper to maintain with daily wear and tear as spares would be cheaper as compared to Honda.
6. Even though you drive less today but you usage might increase in future. More so if you buy a car that cost less than 3 Rs a KM to run.
Economy of diesel is a valid point.

A.S.S is definitely not cheaper in the Verna. Parts cost is slightly cheaper than a Honda if you have to replace something, otherwise per service cost is more in the Verna.

Verna engine is mighty powerful. It takes sometime to get used to it. I've driven one for long stretches and its a beast. However it does not inspire confidence at higher speeds. Because of the turbo kicking in you have to be pretty careful in city traffic. But you should get used to it.

Space in the back is pretty good in the Verna, maybe slightly better than the Honda.

Fit and finish is better in the Honda and I expect it to be the same in the ANHC.

Verna comes only with ABS as optional. For a car with that much power I would definitely like to see it with better safety features.
Old 19th November 2008, 15:14   #75
BHPian

i also had all these concerns when i finally took a verna ABS, but trust me when i say this i dont bother now. each time i floor her even in fourth gear or fifth i can feel the shove, it brings a nice smile to my face. priceless

the smile when i floor her in second and third gear is

first gear dont think of it. once i got hurt after my head banged the head rest i slotted into second at 4.5k rpm in 1st gear( this is not a good idea, the shove will be insane. and you are bound to bang the head rest!! )

the service cost is not cheap.
4k rs normal service.
4k rs for front and back brake pads replacement every 20k kms( thats for me. normal guys get life for pads till 40k+ kms. lol)

all these expenses will be neglible when you feel that engine coming into life!! frankly speaking the roads arent enough for this beast!!

but yes diesel is a good thing! 16kmpl after no matter how bad you rip in the highway and inside city also after ripping you get 11-13kmpl. very good as per me!!

consider doing a freaking 160kmph( fifth gear is still left. hehe) in the ladies polytechnic - nilgiris signal road!! and break and come to rest as if nothing has happened! ( yes the brakes are damn awesome!! i personally feel that they are better than the performance of the engine itself. lolz)
those who are in cbe will know.

welcome to verna terittory!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks