Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 10:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Best COLOUR for an ELANTRA

Friends, T-Bhpians, Countrymen.... Lend me your Eyes and Ears!!

I have decided to give in to my 4 year old itch and go in for an Elantra CRDi! Initially I found the principal outstanding loan on my Accent CRDi to be rather high (despite having paid for 3yrs of a 5 yr term ... that however is another story!), and hence decided to defer it for a year. When I approached the dealer after a year - the dealer insisted the new one was around the corner (the service manager even claimed to have attended training sessions on it.) and convinced me to wait for it. Unfortunately its been two years hence and there is no sight of the car!

I have decided I can wait no longer - I need one NOW (YESTERDAY!!). This is where i need help...

1. I would prefer a Karnataka or Kerala registered vehicle. Anyone find a good specimen - preferably leather trim with Automatic climate control etc, then please let me know immediately.

2. What colour does the Elantra look best in - WHITE, BLACK or DARK BLUE (these are the only colours I like).

Muchas Gracias in advance!
Old 12th February 2009, 10:32   #2
BHPian

Elantra looks good only in the basic colors of Black and White. Would give Black higher points than white.
Old 12th February 2009, 10:36   #3
BHPian

IMO, you can also have a look at the charming Grey shade, it also looks good.

In the colors you have specified, let me put them in my preference order

White
Black
Blue.
Old 12th February 2009, 11:00   #4
BHPian

Black (even though a bit difficult to maintain).

I feel a sedan looks best in shining black with dark windows.
Old 12th February 2009, 11:54   #5
BHPian

Looks classy in Black!!! But why would you need a KL or KA when you are in TN??? and that too in TN37/38/39 where you can find the best of well maintained cars???

My take - KA vehicles are horrendously overpriced while (diesel) vehilces in KL would be severely abused unless you buy it from a known source!
Old 12th February 2009, 12:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Looks classy in Black!!! But why would you need a KL or KA when you are in TN??? and that too in TN37/38/39 where you can find the best of well maintained cars???

My take - KA vehicles are horrendously overpriced while (diesel) vehilces in KL would be severely abused unless you buy it from a known source!

I am planning to shift to Bangalore by May. A TN regd car in Bangalore is a magnet for the wrong reasons. I have been using a KL registered car in Bangalore and have never been stopped/harassed.-I guess its difficult to notice the difference unless the car is doing slow speeds and one really looks.

I agree the cars in Cbe are are amongst the best you will see anywhere. Pollachi had some amazing specimens!

I have decided to keep my search limited to these three colours - personally don't like the others as much. I had it prioritised in the order white, black and Blue too.. Just wanted to take opinions and go with the majority.

One member just told me that Black is the easiest and cheapest colour to repaint/touch-up. Apparently with all others the struggle to colour match is endless - and never 100% successful.

So does look like a toss between Black and White?... or...

Last edited by kb100 : 12th February 2009 at 12:09.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:20   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

KB, congratulations on your decision. Looks like your Pete'd Accent has stop giving you pleasure. I hope you will Pete the Elantra that you buy. I personally like the White as best color and next would be that electric blue. If well maintained, the blue looks really awesome.

Now your tempting me to follow you. Congrats again and look forward to pictures and other details soon.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
KB, congratulations on your decision. Looks like your Pete'd Accent has stop giving you pleasure. I hope you will Pete the Elantra that you buy. I personally like the White as best color and next would be that electric blue. If well maintained, the blue looks really awesome.

Now your tempting me to follow you. Congrats again and look forward to pictures and other details soon.

Pete it ?? .. Undoubtedly!!

Blue?? ...hmmmm... The reason I picked Blue in the first place was because it looks rather nice from the rear. The interplay play of the 'red' of the tail lamps go rather well with that colour. In fact that the best 'rear' as far as I am concerned!

In stock form, I guess it'll be White>Blue>Black. However throw in a set of nice alloys and chances are it'll be Black>White>Blue.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

White looks great. Blue looks good too.

BTW finding a second hand Elantra Diesel is next to impossible.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

I prefer the dark blue for the elantra or the white (of course it is my preference). Could someone do something with its grill please ? I will pick one up myself.
Old 13th February 2009, 10:14   #11
BHPian

Black looks great! But it will be difficult to maintain if you want your car to look sparkling because of the dust and scratches which are easily visible on black.

After that I'd prefer white then dark blue. The dark blue on the Elantra somehow looks dull.

On an unrelated note - Yay! My 50th post! Less work for mods now
Old 13th February 2009, 15:29   #12
BHPian

white elantra CRDi with smoky alloys would look bling!
Add to that petes and green cotton filter and it would be a beast on roads.
damn i want one as well!
Old 13th February 2009, 15:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

Off course Black.......but then am biased.

Dont like the elantra in Blue.
Old 13th February 2009, 15:54   #14
BANNED

White. White. White. In that order.

Looks elegant and hides scratches.
Old 13th February 2009, 16:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
White. White. White. In that order.

Looks elegant and hides scratches.

lol... Ok!! White it is!

I am too lazy to maintain a Black - not to mention the car looks bigger in White.

Now to find one ... fingers and toes crossed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks