Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 09:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrates on the decision, you heart seemed to be on Sonata always

Hyundai Service is one can swear upon, you may not get honda's like luxury treatment but you'll enjoy maruti's like cost effective services with Hyundai. Also being a premium honda product I have heard Hyundai do provides backup cars if in case car is at service center for more then a day, atleast this service was availble in previous gen. sonatas.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:35   #47
BHPian

No need to worry about the after sales service at Hyundai, they are on par with the best. Spares are cheaper compared to the competition and the staff service levels are unbeatable from my experience. And yes, they do offer service cars if the time estimated is over a day or two, especially if you have a good rapport with the staff.

Last edited by maverick030581 : 24th April 2009 at 11:37.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:53   #48
BHPian

Congrats for a cool Sonata.

Dont worry about *** of hyundai.

Its almost similar to maruti, complete peace of mind.
Old 24th April 2009, 16:56   #49
evo
BHPian

As for Hyundai service in Kolkata, I`ve used Donkraft (Raja Santosh Road) and Saini (Mominpur).

Stay away from Saini. Donkraft is very good. I like them.

Since the embera came with a 4 year 80,000 KM warranty, use that well. Keep to the service schedule to keep the warranty active. Also is your warranty valid from the date of registration or date of manufacture?

Hyundai 4 year warranties are brilliant. For the first time ever, one of our cars exhausted the warranty because of the kilometres (above 40,000 for the elantra) rather than the year.

Last edited by evo : 24th April 2009 at 16:57.
Old 4th May 2009, 19:11   #50
BHPian

hey guys i know im late on the conversation, but every opnion counts and having said that, please go in for the sonata embera its a super car, yes the accord has better resale, but given the market at present and the amount of new cars about to flood the market both cars will have the same value if you sell it in 3 years, max 80 k more for the honda. i have driven both cars and they are both super but i think the sonata feel's more stable at high speeds, now heres where i need team bhps help , i have been looking for a sonata embera for some time , prefrer the crdi automatic, does anyone know where i can find one in mumbai/pune? been checking online and dealers but no luck so far .
thanks

Last edited by ancer : 4th May 2009 at 19:13.
Old 16th January 2010, 19:08   #51
BHPian

Review please

I guess it's been a while since you've bought the Embera. Photos and review/experience of ownership please? Waiting 'cos I also wish to consider an Embera. Not many discussions on the Sonata here...waste of a good car due to brand image phobia. Duh!
Old 12th February 2010, 21:38   #52

Hi guys
Was looking for some gen on the Embera and the stuff here is pretty comprehensive.Am thinking of going in for a Embera ,prices in Kolkata for a sub 40000Km run embera is between 4.5- 5 L.What wud u guys suggest?
What are the goodies in terms of Accesories like and how is the ground clearance.The Accord's is pretty poor.
Old 13th February 2010, 12:12   #53
Senior - BHPian

I would still prefer Accord over Sonata. For ex. you cannot pickup a 2001-2002 accord for less than 4 lakh anyhow, but there are plenty of of 2001-2002 sonata available for less than 1.5 Lakh.

One should feel the difference considering ongoing models as well.
Old 13th February 2010, 12:15   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresq View Post
Hi guys
Was looking for some gen on the Embera and the stuff here is pretty comprehensive.Am thinking of going in for a Embera ,prices in Kolkata for a sub 40000Km run embera is between 4.5- 5 L.What wud u guys suggest?
What are the goodies in terms of Accesories like and how is the ground clearance.The Accord's is pretty poor.
Welcome to Team-BHP. I bought a used Embera last year. This after much research, test driving etc. And this includes the much acclaimed Accord. And I am proud of my decision to go with the Embera. The best part of this car is its staid manners on the Expressway. Done 180 km/hr and the car did not flinch one bit. I love everything about this car except the music system. It does not play mp3 though it has a 6 CD changer. I am trying to find the audio adapter (difficult to find) & will change the HU.
It has all the standard goodies that come in this category. But no rear a/c vent. Ground clearance is very good. Never had any problem with the speed breakers or the pot holes.
As for the price, I think it is in the range that you have quoted.
Hope this was helpful.
Old 21st June 2013, 22:03   #55
BHPian

Re: Used Sonata Embera Or Used Honda Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp72 View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP. I bought a used Embera last year. This after much research, test driving etc. And this includes the much acclaimed Accord. And I am proud of my decision to go with the Embera. The best part of this car is its staid manners on the Expressway. Done 180 km/hr and the car did not flinch one bit. I love everything about this car except the music system. It does not play mp3 though it has a 6 CD changer. I am trying to find the audio adapter (difficult to find) & will change the HU.
It has all the standard goodies that come in this category. But no rear a/c vent. Ground clearance is very good. Never had any problem with the speed breakers or the pot holes.
As for the price, I think it is in the range that you have quoted.
Hope this was helpful.
Hi Scorp, I need your suggestions here, I have requested help from present Embera users and since you currently own/owned one, how is the Embera's braking? I didn't find it comforting.
This apart I find the car a match for our expectations.
If possible please refer my concerns/views in a separate thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...-embera-4.html

I appreciate all related help you can extend.
Old 21st June 2013, 22:07   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
@razor4077: just that if you look at my requirements, the Sonata fits the bill pretty well...I mean it does everything reasonably well
Hi Octane, did you buy the Sonata, how is the Embera's brakes? I find the braking suspect, any thoughts/inputs to share?
Old 21st June 2013, 22:13   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post

Since the embera came with a 4 year 80,000 KM warranty, use that well.
Hi Evo, I need some clarity on the Embera's braking capabilities, I have raised my concerns under this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...-embera-4.html

Please let me know since I assume you own an Embera and can throw some light. Appreciate it.
Old 21st June 2013, 22:21   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhi2009 View Post
Guys - Im getting a Embera 2006 Petrol MT with a genuine 46000km mileage for 6.0L ! Its a bargain deal so im going grab it soon and have asked the person selling it to keep the car on hold for me for a couple of days.
Hi Delhi 2009, Did you eventually buy the Embera, I have concerns I request clarity on.
How do you find the Embera's braking, I find the braking not so confidence inspiring.
I have exchanged my views in a separate thread where I need your help: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...-embera-4.html
Old 26th July 2014, 07:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

Does a 2006 Sonata Embera Petrol make any sense?

I have been on the lookout for a used Honda Accord for quite some time, to replace the Hyundai i10 as the second car in the family. Reasons for change elaborated here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post3360965

Very briefly - Daily driver is a Verna CRDI which runs about 20K kms a year. Second car doesn't run much (about 500 kms a month). So I plan to buy a large sedan which will make an enjoyable weekend/highway car. I had a 4L budget and was initially looking for used Honda City or Cedia. Then the Accord fever struck, and over the last 6 months I checked out various used Accords. Problem is, the really mint ones are over my budget, and the ones within it will need work soon. Accord spares don't come cheap.

So yesterday I came across a 2006 Sonata Embera petrol at a dealer in South Delhi. Only 45K kms run with full service record. The car is registered to a famous IT Company (was used by a member of its senior management) and insurance carries 50pct NCB and valid till March 2015.

The test drive blew me away. Firstly, its difficult to come across a car this well cared for in its 8 year life. The original paint is in good condition, interior plastics don't carry any scratch/ding marks, and the seat leather is still supple with no cracks. Indicates covered parking at home and work (a luxury I sorely miss in Delhi) and personal TLC by a kind-hearted owner/chauffeur. Secondly, the driving experience was pretty enjoyable. The 160bhp engine had power on demand (more like a Honda than a typical Hyundai petrol), gearshifts were smooth and the light power-steering made city commuting easy. On an empty stretch of road I accelerated and panic braked. The car came to a dead stop with no theatrics. Heard lots of things about Embera interiors not being to the mark of other luxury brands, but to a pauper like me they seemed pretty luxurious all right! Only the LED display on the integrated stereo unit was slightly malfunctioning. Over the (nearly 6 km) test drive I couldn't find a single mechanical noise emanating from the drivetrain/chassis. The seats were more supportive and luxurious than the Accord.

Best part is, the initial price asked by the dealer is itself within my budget of 4L. More haggling = More money saved. I have a good network of spares in Delhi and a hunch that Hyundai spares won't be as expensive as Accord spares.

So I'm taking a good, hard look at this car. I've asked the dealer for a few days time to make a decision. In the meantime, any suggestions/advice from you would be welcome.

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 26th July 2014 at 07:19.
Old 26th July 2014, 20:35   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Does a 2006 Sonata Embera Petrol make any sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
So yesterday I came across a 2006 Sonata Embera petrol...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ol-manual.html

Someone else is also interested in Sonatas...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks