Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 17:45   #31
D-Man

how good is Tri-Phase on Ikon?

Old 13th May 2009, 14:04   #32
BHPian

If you go by diesel cars,

IMO Ikon D is the best amongst the category (i rank it ahead of Dzire, especially after the price cut).

SO, go for it, or else stretch the budget a bit & go for Linea.
Old 13th May 2009, 16:14   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
how good is Tri-Phase on Ikon?
I had one on my ikon so I can speak from personal experience. It won't give you any substantial power gains, where it helps is ironing out the flat spots. With the AC on, a stock ikon flair is pretty sluggish in 1st and 2nd gear. With the tri-phase the car will be more responsive in lower gears. In terms of absolute power gains, you will be better off going in for a custom FFE which has been designed for bottom end.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:17   #34
BHPian

You are spot on already with your choice

Buy the IKON
Old 19th August 2009, 10:55   #35
BHPian

D-Man, understood!! you hate diesel cars. But my suggestion would be to go to a Ford showroom and test drive this beauty. Even I did hate diesel variants, but after test drive of a diesel version, today I own a All New Ford Ikon, TDCi.

Trust me, the mileage, pickup, handling, comfort is the best in this sedan. This one is the best in class and worth all the money. To top it all, have heard from a lot that the diesel version in Ikon has the same proven and tested engine from Fiesta.

Don't know much about the pertrol variant, but go ahead with a TD first and then decide. Since you would not keep this sedan for more than an year, hence the diesel version would have more resale value than the petrol one.

Last edited by funkydude : 19th August 2009 at 10:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks