Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 21:06   #16
BHPian

I am pretty serious about the car if it comes my way around 7 lakhs..also the owner is upgrading to a suv, tats the reason for sale.I jave seen tje car since the delivery day so I pretty well know about the car.
Old 20th July 2009, 22:21   #17
BHPian

Considering all you said is correct, 7 lakh may not cut it. 8 is more realistic.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:00   #18
BHPian

i spoke to the owner last evening.he is not ready to come below 9 lakhs. also he has misplaced or broken 1 key.on finding out the price of a duplicate key in the company i got to know it is above 15k i am telling my self not to get carried away.the market price for a vrs is 6.5 lakhs.
realistic price would be 7 lakhs.it might be good but cant go out of the way to own it.
ajmat i will surely let you know if we can go together if i am getting the car.
Old 21st July 2009, 20:58   #19
BHPian

Just got to know 2 weeks back a vrs was sold for 6.75lakhs.the car had done only 12k kms.the owner was very happy that he got this price.
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:37   #20
BHPian

My strong feeling says I don't want to buy a SKODA but the vrs engine,the special edition stuffs on this car really puls me back.
Old 23rd July 2009, 17:13   #21
BHPian

My Yellow vRS is up for sale in Chennai. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 23rd July 2009, 17:32   #22
BHPian

hey!
i noticed one thing.vrs owners dont post when it comes to price of the car.any reasons?does it reduce the market value of the cars available in & around?if i talk about a modification on vrs i would get 100 replies.
Old 27th July 2009, 11:51   #23
BHPian

yesterday i drove a vrs,which had done only done 6k on the odoemeter,i was too excited to drive this car as it was pretty new & give me the same feeling.to tell you guys the drive took me aback.
i have not seen such a bad steering wheel response in what ever few lakh kilmoters i have driven in my life,the suspension was very hard & had squeaking noise all around.i did not even enjoy the sitting position,the reflexes of the car in turning,U turns & sharp turn are pathetic.i am glad i drove 1 before taking a call on it.i think i was carried away by the hype created all over about the RS.definitely not a drivers car.
Old 27th July 2009, 16:56   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
i have not seen such a bad steering wheel response.
are you sure of the antecedants of this car. The vRS is not an untidy car (atleast compared to the others in it's category).

Last edited by ajmat : 28th July 2009 at 09:10.
Old 28th July 2009, 09:06   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Honda have shown us that you can produce a reasonably fuel-efficient 1.8 litre engine that puts out atleast 130 hp without a turbo. That was my point.
To be fair, the skoda engine is a fairly old but robust design. Yes things have moved on in the design world

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
yesterday i drove a vrs,which had done only done 6k on the odoemeter,i was too excited to drive this car as it was pretty new

i have not seen such a bad steering wheel response in what ever few lakh kilmoters i have driven in my life,the suspension was very hard & had squeaking noise all around.

i did not even enjoy the sitting position,the reflexes of the car in turning,U turns & sharp turn are pathetic.i am glad i drove 1 before taking a call on it.i think i was carried away by the hype created all over about the RS.definitely not a drivers car.
Although the car has done 6k - the lack of use seems to have caused the rubber bushes etc to deteriorate. Suspension is firm but you say hard points to either lack of use or the cars has done more miles than what it states

The steering is fairly direct but I mist admit it ain't as tactile as the Vtec. It is weighted a little more and not as highly geared

Did you spend time making your self comfortable, the seats and steering adjust so making things easy for everyone - it is a personal opinion though. Compared to your Scooby, it is a lot different. You need to spend some time driving to make a call.

Anyway, if you don't like it, have nothing against it but I feel you tried a wrong one!
Old 28th July 2009, 14:22   #26
BHPian

i agree with you ajmat it might be because of the low usage the bushes would have deteriorated.what i understand is alot of vrs are in the market,now it did not sell as much as the diesel version did,for the kind of sales that skoda had for a last couple of years they should have worked on the spares quality of the car.there are a lot of other turbo cars in the market which are relaible with much cheaper spares.the point discussed on vrs thread is always about the turbo & the wooff issssh noise which makes everybody excited.even the logan makes the turbo noise
my concern is only about me purchasing a vrs & not about the existing owners.if i buy 1 after knowing the expenses only at 40k am i taking a right decision?this is what team bhp is all about.the right suggestion
Old 28th July 2009, 14:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

A good price for a used Skoda Octavia VRS or rather any other Skoda : "Peace of mind'.

All the best bro
ac
Old 29th July 2009, 03:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
To be fair, the skoda engine is a fairly old but robust design. Yes things have moved on in the design world.
I was actually also referring to the B18 which first came out in the early '90s!

Nandish, I know of 2 RSs for sale. PM me if you're interested.
Old 30th July 2009, 11:25   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
From the horses mouth!!!
Note - if you drive in stop start traffic - it is not worth it - if you do long distances or commute on ring roads , worth a look. If you are serious and need to check it - let me kow
From another old horse...

If you drive in stop - start traffic or any kind of traffic get a chauffer and let him get frustrated. Then take the vRs out for night or sunday morning drives when traffic is low and enjoy. That's what I do.
Old 27th December 2010, 00:44   #30
BHPian

Skoda VRS On Radar! Target Locked! Help Me Gun It!

Mods: This is my first thread on the forum, kindly correct faults if any, or delete/move/merge this thread as may be appropriate.

Hi everyone,

I've closed in on a 2007 Silver Skoda Octavia RS 1.8 Turbo in Delhi.

Here's the lowdown -

1> It's a 2007, single owner driven, Delhi registered car.

2> It's done about 55,000 kms on the Odo.

3> It's being sold by a dealer who's asking for about Rs. 5,75,000 for the car.

I intend on seeing/test-driving the car between the 28 - 31 December and hopefully closing the deal. However, I wanna ensure that this car doesn't turn out to be a lemon and requires me spending a gazillion bucks on A.S.S, like my previous car, a used Mitsubishi Lancer SFX(i)[It's another story, for another time.]

Guys, I believe I've done my homework well but I'm still not very confident on moving ahead with the deal on my own, owing to my previous bad experience of buying and running a used/second-hand car [Mitsubishi Lancer SFX(i)]. So, I wanna play safe and sincerely request all fellow Bhpians / Petrolheads to help me out, esp, Skoda VRS owners, living in and around Delhi/NCR region - abhinav.gupta88, ashish22, v&v, and the gurus - ajmat and karthik247.

I've already gone through abhinav.gupta88/ashish22/v&v/ajmat's threads regarding the same, and read the very informative "How to buy a used car in India" and "The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less".

From what I can decipher, I've made a check-list of things that I need to look out for before I buy the VRS -

1> Clutch
2> Timing / Cam Belt
3> Turbo Bearings and their functioning
4> Brake Pads
5> Tyres
6> Electricals (esp. Rain-Sensing Wipers and Head-Lamp Washers)
7> Electric Sunroof
8> Turbo
9> Steering & Suspension
10> Xenon Headlights
11> Water Pump

The stuff in bold is the one I believe that I particularly need to look into as the car has crossed the 50,000 km mark.

And I'll be going through the car's service history, which according to the dealer is very comprehensive and up to date. Please let me know if there is anything else that i need to look into, besides the stuff mentioned above.

A few things that I have noticed about the car through its pictures are -

1> One of the headlamp washers is missing. (How much would a new one cost me ?)

2> There is a slight dent on the left skirting of the car, under the front passenger door. (According to the dealer, it's a minor dent from the original/first owner of the car, and the car is in a genuine condition.)

3> The car has black seats, instead of the original black and gray combination. (It doesn't really look as if the car's seats have been upgraded, as in in terms of upholstery. Instead, it looks as if they have been covered with some sort of black fabric. What could be the reason ?)

4> There are a couple of minor dents on the boot lid near the left tail lamp.

Apart from these, everything seems good for now, atleast in the pictures, rest I'll be checking when I test drive the car. Please give me your thoughts / inputs about the above observations that I have made of the car.

Also, I have heard about the VAG COM Scan. Is it Skoda's Diagnostic Software used to check the overall health/functioning of the car ? Where can I get it done and how much would it cost me ?

And what is the Anti-Hijack feature ? Is it pre-installed in the VRS ? I would really appreciate it if someone could elaborate about these 2 points as well.

I'll be eagerly awaiting your respones guys, let's hear it from you then.

P.S. - Here's the best part! I know the original owner of the car, not personally, but, as in this car used to be in the neighborhood before it got sold to a dealer. I believe I can get all the info about the car and then double check to see if the dealer is lying about anything.

Any other way in which I can use this situation to my advantage ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks