Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2010, 07:10   #31
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda VRS On Radar! Target Locked! Help Me Gun It!

Cooleo,

First do a TD and check the under body thoroughly. Especially the the front bumper lips and engine shield. This will give you a fair idea of how car was used.
Dont buy if you dont get complete track of service history.

Take the car to fahrenheit at moti nagar and get it inspected and scanned. Usually they charge Rs 500 for a scan and 500 for inspection. This will give you a good input about the car.

Also checkout team bhp classified , there are two Rs for sale i think one is from delhi itself.

All the best. PM me in case you need more info/assistance

v&v

Last edited by v&v : 27th December 2010 at 07:12.
Old 27th December 2010, 07:48   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Cooleo,

First do a TD and check the under body thoroughly. Especially the the front bumper lips and engine shield. This will give you a fair idea of how car was used.
Dont buy if you dont get complete track of service history.

Take the car to fahrenheit at moti nagar and get it inspected and scanned. Usually they charge Rs 500 for a scan and 500 for inspection. This will give you a good input about the car.

Also checkout team bhp classified , there are two Rs for sale i think one is from delhi itself.

All the best. PM me in case you need more info/assistance

v&v
v&v,

thanks a ton for the tips bro, I'll certainly be getting in touch with you. Infact, I was wondering if you could make some time and come along with me to check the car out. Anytime between 28 - 31 December.

whatsay ?
Old 27th December 2010, 08:07   #33
BHPian

Is the asking price of Rs 5,75,000 justifiable / realistic enough ?

Given that petrol prices have gone up by almost Rs 3/litre very recently and the year end is upon us, how much more can I get the price down to ?

Also, if I am willing to make the entire payment upfront in cash, how much more could I negotiate and get the price down to ?
Old 27th December 2010, 08:51   #34
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleo View Post
v&v,

thanks a ton for the tips bro, I'll certainly be getting in touch with you. Infact, I was wondering if you could make some time and come along with me to check the car out. Anytime between 28 - 31 December.

whatsay ?
Bit tied up these days before my new year vacation, will try. First have it checked personally and post your observations, don't rush into the deal. if time permits will certainly try to come.

As for price i feel 2007 Vrs at 5.75 is decent, usually the asking price should have been around 6.5. I would advice caution for the lower demand !
Old 27th December 2010, 09:30   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Bit tied up these days before my new year vacation, will try. First have it checked personally and post your observations, don't rush into the deal. if time permits will certainly try to come.

As for price i feel 2007 Vrs at 5.75 is decent, usually the asking price should have been around 6.5. I would advice caution for the lower demand !
I'll certainly get it checked up thoroughly and post my observations asap.

As for price, the guy was actually quoting 6.2 lakhs initially, but then came down to 5.75.

Another thing that I just remembered was that this car had been sold(almost) by the dealer but was up for sale again at the same dealer. The guy says that the buyer could not work out his loan/finances, thus the deal didn't go through.

Should I be suspicious of anything here ?
Old 27th December 2010, 10:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:

v&v
I have already gone through the TBHP classifieds while researching for the car. The Delhi registered VRS in the classifieds has done very similar mileage as compared to the car that I've zeroed in on. However, it's a 2006 model, whereas the one that I'm looking at is mid-2007. But most importantly, this car has had 3 owners, while the one that I've closed in on, has had just 1 owner.

Even if I were to buy this car, I would be the 4th owner and when I were to sell it, the buyer would be the 5th. The resale value too would take a hit.
So, I guess this car is ruled out then.
Old 30th January 2014, 18:33   #37
BHPian

Re: Good price for a used skoda vrs?

HI Guys,
Posting here instead of creating a new thread.
To cut the long story short, I had previously owned a Octavia 1.8TPI 2005. But unfortunately, the car had a major crash and has gone for Total Loss claim. I was the sole occupant, and I was not injured, just a twisted wrist but am fine. The Airbags and seat belt did their bit I guess.

Now I am looking for another car. We have 2 Innovas, which do the long distance and daily commute, and the Grand Vitara for the Monsoon's or occasional trips to the forest. I miss the 1.8TPI though :(

I was thinking for getting me the original vRS (mk1) for myself now. They are hard to find, and there are infact a couple posted on TeamBHP itself. Do you guys think its fine to buy such an old car now? They are both around 8 years old. I am okay with Skoda ASS, as long as they can order me parts for it, I am okay with waiting for them, as I have other car for daily commute.

Anything I should especially be looking for when looking for a used vRS, just that I understand that it might be a never ending search to find one in reasonable condition, esp. when I am sure these cars must have been driven hard.

What would you guys suggest. I have even thought of the new 2014 Octavia vRS which is not yet out in India, bbut that would make me pay EMI's agian for another 3-4 years min. So I dont know if I wanna go that route again. Though it would surly give me a lot more piece of mind, as it would be an updated car.

please suggest.
Old 2nd February 2014, 06:01   #38
BHPian

Re: Good price for a used skoda vrs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
I was thinking for getting me the original vRS (mk1) for myself now. They are hard to find, and there are infact a couple posted on TeamBHP itself. Do you guys think its fine to buy such an old car now? They are both around 8 years old. I am okay with Skoda ASS, as long as they can order me parts for it, I am okay with waiting for them, as I have other car for daily commute.
The VRS makes a lot of sense for the other car, I own a MK1 VRS and was using it as a primary car for over 2 years, until recent when i also added a hatch to the garage. VRS in my mind is a great stress reliever and is something just perfect for the weekends, i would advise otherwise if you want to use it in cramped areas, the heavy steering combined with heavy clutch will take the fun out of it.

With regards to the Age, she has aged gracefully, i have used the car across the country, and never have felt anything less reliable about her, i have to admit the maintenance is not going to be at par with Maruti, it is relatively more expensive, but can be managed well if you have a dependable independent garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post

Anything I should especially be looking for when looking for a used vRS, just that I understand that it might be a never ending search to find one in reasonable condition, esp. when I am sure these cars must have been driven hard.

There is quite a few things that can go wrong with a car, given the number of VRS threads which you have going it can help you research better, follow a general rule of thumb, if you don't have documentation it needs to be reviewed.

I am attaching a few for your reference -

Bible thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...les-heels.html

Long term Ownerships

1.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...km-review.html

2. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...1-000-kms.html

3. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-remapped.html

Initial Ownerships

3. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tavia-vrs.html

4. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ack-brute.html

Good Luck with your search.

Best - ML