Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2009, 14:07   #91
BHPian

Congrats Frankbhai, bahu first class che tamaro choice. Waiting for your ownership report. Jalsa!
Old 8th August 2009, 23:16   #92
Senior - BHPian

Great choice

Great! Nice to know that you finally went with your heart. The fact that you got a great price in a closing down sale is just icing on the cake. Sometimes these things happen, call it fate or pre-determination or whatever but, a car is either meant for you or it is not (daane daane pe likha hai - khaanewaale ka naam). Obviously this beaut is meant for you.

The car is looking absolutely stunning and it does not look either used or old. The only thing you might consider for cosmetics is a little discreet stickering on the lines of highlights or stripes, you may even consider racing stripes (they are derisively called 'go faster' stripes but I absolutely love them).

Congratulations on the new acquisition.

Cheers,

P.S. Now you have something to lick the old GTX!
Old 9th August 2009, 14:07   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
P.S. Now you have something to lick the old GTX!
Not if its driven by an old man like me, who does not know how to extract the max from his car------now you know what post I am referring to

BTW, congrats Frank! The white 1.6 S sure looks great--I've also seen a black one and that too was a head-turner!
Old 9th August 2009, 14:47   #94
Senior - BHPian

Too many cross-references!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Not if its driven by an old man like me, who does not know how to extract the max from his car------now you know what post I am referring to

BTW, congrats Frank! The white 1.6 S sure looks great--I've also seen a black one and that too was a head-turner!
LOL Venu saab, I am sorry about the confusion. First - in the post you are referring to in the July-Aug Hyd meets thread, I was referring to a white S on the road not your red ride, as I said earlier you were maintaining a steady 140 to 150 while that guy was doing some 120 to 130 (probably having shifted into top gear at 60 ). This is the first time I have seen you drive and found you fast and safe and you do use the car at its optimum.

I mentioned licking the GTX as Frank knows my GTX from when it was with Dr. Amey before he gave it to me.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 9th August 2009 at 14:49.
Old 9th August 2009, 17:43   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
LOL Venu saab, I am sorry about the confusion. First - in the post you are referring to in the July-Aug Hyd meets thread, I was referring to a white S on the road not your red ride, as I said earlier you were maintaining a steady 140 to 150 while that guy was doing some 120 to 130 (probably having shifted into top gear at 60 ). This is the first time I have seen you drive and found you fast and safe and you do use the car at its optimum.

I mentioned licking the GTX as Frank knows my GTX from when it was with Dr. Amey before he gave it to me.

Cheers,
No offence taken, Ravvs garu!! I was just taking a poke at your post on the diesel hatchback thread----that's where you'd posted that stuff.

BTW, I did not know about Frank's association with your Orange Passion, but I do recollect now.
Old 9th August 2009, 22:26   #96
BHPian

Good choice Frank!
1.6S is the best DRIVER oriented variant!

Congrats on a great buy!
If you get power-thirsty down the line, A 130 BHP Pete's re-map would be a perfect compliment.
Old 10th August 2009, 08:50   #97
Senior - BHPian

That is just B-E-A-YOUTIFULL.

Never knew that that S came in white too. Infact just a week back i was told by the ford salesman that it comes only in Blue.

IS it custom painted for you?
Old 10th August 2009, 08:56   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
Good choice Frank!

Congrats on a great buy!
If you get power-thirsty down the line, A 130 BHP Pete's re-map would be a perfect compliment.
Hehe. ICE or engine-wngine mods

Suspension and FFE first,what say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
That is just B-E-A-YOUTIFULL.

Never knew that that S came in white too. Infact just a week back i was told by the ford salesman that it comes only in Blue.

Have seen one at Tvm sometime back and loved it. Even asked Frank to get the same when he was in doubt.
Old 10th August 2009, 09:22   #99
BHPian

Hi Frank,

That's a gem of a car and the colour choice is absolutely stunning. Never knew that Ford would look so good in white.

Congrats sirji

Regards,
Kailash
Old 10th August 2009, 09:46   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Infact just a week back i was told by the ford salesman that it comes only in Blue.

Aquarius Blue is only available in the S variant.
Other metallic colours like White, Black, Maroon are other options for the S
Old 10th August 2009, 11:06   #101
BHPian

Frank are you planning to do any mods other than ICE?
I think you better change the tyres.It comes with Goodyear NCT5.Its just an OK tyre.
Old 10th August 2009, 11:40   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jerish! I plan to have Michelin pp2's on my car within the first few days. Other 'mods' include, sunfilm on all 6 glass surfaces, headlight bulb upgrade. That's it.. Done. It comes fully loaded, so no other things will be required
Old 10th August 2009, 13:03   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
plan to have Michelin pp2's on my car within the first few days. Other 'mods' include, sunfilm on all 6 glass surfaces, headlight bulb upgrade. That's it.. Done.
Thats good enough to start the mods in a humble way ! Reminds me of your thread that dealt with the rockford stuff
Old 14th August 2009, 00:13   #104
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone guide me where I can get the High Security No. plates made, with IND written on the side? I like the font and the way they look. Want a set for my Fiesta. That's why.
Old 14th August 2009, 12:05   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
Good choice Frank!

Congrats on a great buy!
Hmm, I thought Petes was only for diesel cars----can you please update us?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks