Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 17:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Any time sir!

Please dont be stumbled, you will find plenty civics out there, please check a few cars before you decide on one!

Honda Terrace.. their cars the insanely priced..try to look around at dealers. Also check the classified section of Hindustan times on Friday and Sunday to see used car advertisements. A few civics were up for sale when I checked this friday, its always better to buy directly from the seller rather than from dealer.

Also try if you can get a car from south delhi, may be someone who has a couple of cars rather than some one who dedicatedly used the car for last 2-3 years. Also a 2007 civic S AT with leather seats and fog lights and in excellent condition should be around 8- 8.25lacs max.

When I was searching for a used car a couple of months back I had both good and bad experiences with dealers. First things first, 90% dealer will show you not so good cars first, bear in mind you atleast check a few cars with different dealers before deciding. Once you say no to a car, they will look try to show you better cars. Some good dealers according to me, Vinayak motors, lajpath nagar, Satish motors, ashok vihar and Kiran Motors, karol bagh. They have good cars and prices are reasonable. Best cars according to me were with satish motors and prices were excellent.

Dont forget to get the car thoroughly checked, either from some know good mechanic, or from the Honda service station itself (avoid going to the one where the car is regularly serviced) pay if you have! Ask for service history and insurance copy. Call the insurance company to check if the car has any claim or not. Service history will give you the idea if the odo reading is genuine or not.

Rest if you will take a loan for the car, police verification will be done by the bank itself.
Thanks for the lead! Appreciate it. will spend the next few weeks on looking out for one at mint condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
iTNerd:really love the way you maintained your car and sad to be apart form it.
Thanks! Yeah, it was a good ownership for the past 2.5 years and never had it failed me. But now looking forward to upgrading to a C+ segment car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchables09 View Post
iTnerd

from your posts it seems to me that you should go for Civic AT (Used or new) but not MT. 2-3 year old Civics can be found easily at lucrative price points.

Explore more options to get hold of an AT as your posts are quite evident that AT will comfort you more
Thanks guys! yes, if it is a used Civic, it would have to be an AT.

Last edited by iTNerd : 6th October 2009 at 17:17.
Old 8th October 2009, 10:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have decided to go for a new Civic Manual and would be booking it today! I got a good valuation on my SX4 from the same dealer.

1) Now what is left is the choice of color. What color look best on a Civic? In Black, the lines and styling of the car does not come out clearly, unless it is clean and polished.

2) I will be insisting the dealer for a car with Michelin tyres. And I intend to upgrade the rubber to 205/65 15 or higher as soon as I get the delivery. How much price would I get the existing rubbers (195/65 R15) for in exchange with 205/65 R15?

3) I also want to put Stanley leather for the fabric seats. In Delhi, how much would it cost roughly?

very excited! Cheers!

Mods: Please edit the thread title to add "Booked a new Civic S MT!"

Last edited by iTNerd : 8th October 2009 at 10:31.
Old 8th October 2009, 10:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

iTNerd - congrats on your new Civic!
Old 8th October 2009, 12:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats in advance mate! Great decision to go for Civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Guys, I have decided to go for a new Civic Manual and would be booking it today! I got a good valuation on my SX4 from the same dealer.

1) Now what is left is the choice of color. What color look best on a Civic? In Black, the lines and styling of the car does not come out clearly, unless it is clean and polished.

White looks the best IMHO. its easy to maintain as well. My cousin got a white civic sports a couple of months back. Looks wicked. The side skirts and spoiler costs about 45-50k (I think I remember it right), if you get it from Honda (my cousin had it as a stock feature in sports). He got the sports variant for about 12.55lac on road.

2) I will be insisting the dealer for a car with Michelin tyres. And I intend to upgrade the rubber to 205/65 15 or higher as soon as I get the delivery. How much price would I get the existing rubbers (195/65 R15) for in exchange with 205/65 R15?

Dealer giving you Michelin, I doubt it. Also check if the warrenty gets void or not if you upgrade to 205/60/R15. For existing ones you may get betwen 2500-3000 per tyre.

3) I also want to put Stanley leather for the fabric seats. In Delhi, how much would it cost roughly?

I checked the stanley leather seats for my cousin about 10 days back, and the dealer said they start from 35k and range up to 75k, depending on quality and type of leather and other material mixture. He asked us to come over and have a look. Lets see we may go for it after diwali.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 8th October 2009 at 12:10.
Old 8th October 2009, 20:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congrats in advance mate! Great decision to go for Civic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
iTNerd - congrats on your new Civic!
Thanks! finally, it happened! Booked a tafella white Civic SMT today! Hope to get delivery by the end of this month.

Quote:
White looks the best IMHO. its easy to maintain as well. My cousin got a white civic sports a couple of months back. Looks wicked. The side skirts and spoiler costs about 45-50k (I think I remember it right), if you get it from Honda (my cousin had it as a stock feature in sports). He got the sports variant for about 12.55lac on road.
Yes, on white, the Civic looks much larger and pleasing. I wished Honda had provided the sport variant now also at that price!

Quote:
Dealer giving you Michelin, I doubt it. Also check if the warrenty gets void or not if you upgrade to 205/60/R15. For existing ones you may get betwen 2500-3000 per tyre.
Michelin is one of the OEM tyre supplier of Civics, apart from Bridgestones and MRF. Anyway, have insisted of Michelin and hope it comes with it.

About the void warranty on upgrade to 205/60/R15, is it for the whole car or just the parts that intefaced with the tyres? eg. axle, alloys etc. Strange though.. I will have to ask the dealer.

Quote:
I checked the stanley leather seats for my cousin about 10 days back, and the dealer said they start from 35k and range up to 75k, depending on quality and type of leather and other material mixture. He asked us to come over and have a look. Lets see we may go for it after diwali.
Cool! If you decide to go for it, would appreciate if you can share the work done. BTW, apart from Stanley, which other brands are worth looking into, within the budget of 30K?
Old 10th October 2009, 12:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Update: Sold my SX4 just 2 days after listing it in carwale.com, and that too, to the first person, who inspected it! The buyer wants to pay off the full amount in 2-3 days, so that he can get the car before diwali (by 16th October).

Now the problem - the car has still 6 EMI left on the auto-loan (car hypothecated with HDFC bank).

I would apply for pre-closure of the loan and pay off the remaining amount with 3% penalty. I am newbie when it comes to selling car/RTO stuffs and so please excuse if I am asking any silly questions:

1) How much time it would take for the NOC to come from the bank? Would it be possible to get it hand to hand, after the paying up the pending loan amount/balance?

2) As the RC is in my name, what is the formality that I have to do, so that I can sell off the car to the buyer? that is, with the NOC from the bank, do I have to first remove the hypothecation from my RC ? Can I just give the NOC from the bank to the buyer?

3) Do I need to sign any legal agreement with the buyer?

4) The insurance on the car is valid till July, 2010 with no claim so far. Can I transfer some part of it to the new car that I'll be getting?

5) Do I have to inform the insurance company to change the name to that of buyer?

To sum it all, the buyer wants to pay the full amount in 2-3 days and acquire the car by 16th Oct (before Diwali). Is that possible? If yes, could you suggest what steps I should take up? Please, please throw some lights to my confused questions!

Last edited by iTNerd : 10th October 2009 at 12:48.
Old 10th October 2009, 13:26   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Update: Sold my SX4 just 2 days after listing it in carwale.com, and that too, to the first person, who inspected it! The buyer wants to pay off the full amount in 2-3 days, so that he can get the car before diwali (by 16th October).

Now the problem - the car has still 6 EMI left on the auto-loan (car hypothecated with HDFC bank).

I would apply for pre-closure of the loan and pay off the remaining amount with 3% penalty. I am newbie when it comes to selling car/RTO stuffs and so please excuse if I am asking any silly questions:

1) How much time it would take for the NOC to come from the bank? Would it be possible to get it hand to hand, after the paying up the pending loan amount/balance?

2) As the RC is in my name, what is the formality that I have to do, so that I can sell off the car to the buyer? that is, with the NOC from the bank, do I have to first remove the hypothecation from my RC ? Can I just give the NOC from the bank to the buyer?

3) Do I need to sign any legal agreement with the buyer?

4) The insurance on the car is valid till July, 2010 with no claim so far. Can I transfer some part of it to the new car that I'll be getting?

5) Do I have to inform the insurance company to change the name to that of buyer?

To sum it all, the buyer wants to pay the full amount in 2-3 days and acquire the car by 16th Oct (before Diwali). Is that possible? If yes, could you suggest what steps I should take up? Please, please throw some lights to my confused questions!

I would suggest that you should directly call up the Bank and find out. As different banks have a different procedure.
Old 12th October 2009, 18:26   #38
BHPian

An upgrade from SX4 could be a civic, accord or the cedia certainly. But If you trust TATA to deliver a good VFM package, then you can give the new Manza a try. Here's a link of the specs.

Tata Indigo Manza Specifications and features | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
Old 12th October 2009, 21:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post
An upgrade from SX4 could be a civic, accord or the cedia certainly.
A civic it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post
But If you trust TATA to deliver a good VFM package, then you can give the new Manza a try. Here's a link of the specs.

Tata Indigo Manza Specifications and features | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
How can Johnny after 12th passed (SX4), appear again for 10th (Manza) board? Johnny would certainly look forward to a college life (Civic), unless, he is madly in love with a junior hot chick (Linea, ANHC) in school!
Old 12th October 2009, 21:51   #40
Team-BHP Support

Did you get any discounts or deals with Civic?
Old 13th October 2009, 00:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Did you get any discounts or deals with Civic?
No discount on the ex-showroom price! But they did pass on 15K discount on the insurance, which anyhow, I could have got it if I get the insurance from outside. But I intend to capitalize on the awesome pricing of the Cruze, and threaten cancellation of the Civic and return the booking amount! That way, they might offer some discount/freebies... and YES, I am sticking to a Civic 100%.
Old 13th October 2009, 13:11   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy.
Hope you dress up the CIVIC the same way you did to SX4.
See if you source the sports kit from Honda as an accessories.

Look more elegant in white.
Old 13th October 2009, 16:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

An update:
Finally, applied for an auto loan of 5 lacs with SBI for 3 years tenure at 8% 1st year, 10% 2nd and 3rd year.

Other benefits:
1) No processing fee
2) No pre-closure penalty
3) Partial repayment of the principal amount with no penalty
4) interest on daily/month reducing balance
5) no advance EMI

The manager was so friendly, that I ended up transfering my SBI account to his branch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the buy.
Hope you dress up the CIVIC the same way you did to SX4.
See if you source the sports kit from Honda as an accessories.

Look more elegant in white.
Thanks! I would love to dress up with the Inspire package from Honda, but concern about the GC of Civic. The new facelift front bumper already appears to have body skirt and, imo, it looks better and so don't want to spoil the look..Besides, the inspire package is whopping 85K for SMT variant.. and frankly, didn't like the design too!

This is what I intend to have:
- swap the new long honda logo bar with that of the old Civic
- color the logo to red

The new facelift Civic looks the same as the Type R below:
Suggest a car for upgrade after SX4. EDIT : Got the Civic!-whitecivic.jpg

Last edited by iTNerd : 13th October 2009 at 16:12.
Old 13th October 2009, 20:57   #44
BHPian

Congrats! Good choice.
Old 20th October 2009, 06:07   #45
Team-BHP Support

@ITNerd: congratulations on the upgrade. I recently changed over form a Swift to a Civic and had the same bankers - i.e. HDFC for my swift and SBI 8% scheme for my civic. Here are a few tips.

SBI:

Re no pre-closure charges. Note that there may be some riders attached to this. The loan officer I was dealing with also told me there was no foreclosure charges and when I was finally shown documents at the 11th hour, the facts were a little different and misleading.

There are no prepayment penalties. However, pre - closure charges have some riders - ie - pre- closure does not apply only post 50% of the tenure of the loan. You would be well advised to review the loan agreement and grill them a little further on this. Sometimes, the SBI guys genuinely misinform simply because they don't know any better.

Also, I think there are some restrictions on prepayment in the first 6 / 12 months. Please check fine print in the actual loan documentation. The loan officers are often quite clueless.

HDFC:

All the best with them. My experience with this bank on my car loan has been plain disgusting for many reasons - have vowed never to take a car loan from them again. To cut a long story short, I pre-closed with 6 EMIs balance. The pre - closure amount quoted to me (which I had to pay), was actually marginally higher than the sum total of the balance 6 EMIs. I think thats plain highway robbery. The aboslute amounts were not huge so I couldn't be bothered to spend too much time arguing with them but in principle I still find it difficult to fathom how the amounts paid today can exceed the amounts that would be payable if I had paid the EMIs in ordinary course.

This is one of the reasons I was so keen to go for a no prepayment charge sort of loan with a PSU bank for my civic.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks