Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2009, 17:11   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Dont expect a sedan of that price range to have snob value, the best of the lot is Linea.
Old 29th November 2009, 17:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
For snob value for so little money, you need to look at used car market. then again location is also a factor
In a village a SX4 can have tremendous snob value, but in Delhi, even a Civic has little snob value.

Location does play a role in determining the snob value of the car.
If he is ok with used cars why not look out for city or skoda or even optra?
If ge is not then i guess base fiesta will suit him just fine
Old 29th November 2009, 17:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

i think, after reading all the replies, its better to get a used vehicle of a higher segment and that way he can get a snob value.
Old 29th November 2009, 18:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

I guess my choice in a Diesel Sedan would be -

Ford Ikon - trusted and tried and a great engine. Cheap too !!
Manza - Nice and fresh but a TATA so no snob value there.
Dezire - Base Diesel variant - MY CHOICE IN THESE 3

Other cars in petrol - forget the Accent, Ikon, Logan. Go for the Base Linea or Base Fiesta. Fiesta is a good looker.

Why not Hatchbacks like the i20 & Fabia ? They offer much more !
Old 29th November 2009, 18:27   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

A Brand new Ritz Diesel or a pre-owned Innova D4D are the best bets - for bullet proof reliability.Both are not sedans,though
Old 29th November 2009, 20:27   #21
BHPian

re:

Thank you all for your replies. Let me re-state his criteria - he is petty much decided on sedan. He needs the boot for his twin kids and does not have ample parking space for an SUV or an MPV/Van.
If i sum up all of your suggestions, I see my bro has got the following options:
  1. Go for a premium used car
  2. Go for base linea, or Fiesta.
  3. Dzire
He does not want to touch TATA even with a 100 ft pole. He also does not want to consider ikon, accent and logan.
Now, I have three questions on his behalf:
  1. Given that there is a long running thread on "Punto quality issues" here at TBHP technical section, will it be a risky decision if my bro go for a base linea? If I remember correctly, the fiat was forced to leave USA car market because of its un-reliable and poor quality.
  2. So many threads in TBHP have suggested that the ford spare parts are very costly. Is this true?
  3. How is quality and reliability of Dzire? From a quick search on TBHP technical section, i could not find many issues reported on either Swift or Dzire. Does that mean these are very reliable?
i really appreciate your help here.

Thanks!
Old 29th November 2009, 22:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
A Fiat 500 has snob value, not an i20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Valid point. But my reply was wrt his budget.
Snob value within the context! I am sure there are many out on the road who don't know much about Fiat 500 and might even mistake it for some old vintage car.
Old 30th November 2009, 00:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Thank you all for your replies. Let me re-state his criteria - he is petty much decided on sedan. He needs the boot for his twin kids and does not have ample parking space for an SUV or an MPV/Van.
If i sum up all of your suggestions, I see my bro has got the following options:
  1. Go for a premium used car
  2. Go for base linea, or Fiesta.
  3. Dzire
He does not want to touch TATA even with a 100 ft pole. He also does not want to consider ikon, accent and logan.
  1. Given that there is a long running thread on "Punto quality issues" here at TBHP technical section, will it be a risky decision if my bro go for a base linea? If I remember correctly, the fiat was forced to leave USA car market because of its un-reliable and poor quality.
  2. So many threads in TBHP have suggested that the ford spare parts are very costly. Is this true?
  3. How is quality and reliability of Dzire? From a quick search on TBHP technical section, i could not find many issues reported on either Swift or Dzire. Does that mean these are very reliable?

Thanks!
You can go for the linea.Its really a wonderful vehicle.
Since the tagline is ADMIRATION GURANTEED your brother will be getting the snob value he is looking for
Dzire is another vehicle , i dont thins that there are any issues related with the car only if you can live the booooring rear look of the car.
Old 30th November 2009, 01:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He needs the boot for his twin kids and does not have ample parking space for an SUV or an MPV/Van.
Is he planning to put the kids in the boot?
Old 30th November 2009, 09:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

fiesta or Dezire will do the job. you can modify a dezire with a decent boot lip
& skirting. Looks good. have seen one fell in love though.

Fiesta need to extend his budget a bit.
Old 30th November 2009, 10:03   #26
BHPian

Since your friend doesnt have space to park an MPV like Innova, I'm sure there will not be space to park a linea also. Linea is also as long as Innova, maybe even longer.

So he will have to settle for a compact Sedan like Fiesta/Swift Dzire (since TATA is also out of question). I would ask him to check out Manza before dismissing it as yet another TATA product. The car will certainly surprise him.
Old 30th November 2009, 10:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Since your friend doesnt have space to park an MPV like Innova, I'm sure there will not be space to park a linea also. Linea is also as long as Innova, maybe even longer.

So he will have to settle for a compact Sedan like Fiesta/Swift Dzire (since TATA is also out of question). I would ask him to check out Manza before dismissing it as yet another TATA product. The car will certainly surprise him.
+
Parking problem for long cars which means he will have problem in maneuvering (not only the length of the car?), So doubt any c segment sedan can be accomodated?
The difference between these sedans(length) are about 5 to 10 inches only
Old 30th November 2009, 10:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He needs the boot for his twin kids and does not have ample parking space for an SUV or an MPV/Van.

Parking space requirements for a 3 boot car are almost same
Quote:
That leaves only Maruti SX4 / Desire in the budget.
Quote:
  1. How is quality and reliability of Dzire? From a quick search on TBHP technical section, i could not find many issues reported on either Swift or Dzire. Does that mean these are very reliable?

Thanks!
May be your search is flawed , Search for Swift + turbo or swift + rattling
Old 15th December 2009, 18:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

@ mohandas
Why not Chevy Aveo?? I mean it does look good (At least better than DZire!). Its a International model, fit and finish is good and GM offers better service package.

Dzire/SX4 (Sedan) are made in and made for India models.
Which other country has Fiesta sedan that we have here? (Brazil has a different one which is called as Fiesta).

Strictly going by your initial requirements (Tearms & Conditions), IMO you have only 2 options:
1. Linea
2. Aveo

Or may be a third one, i.e. Fiesta.
Old 15th December 2009, 19:41   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

For some snob value with that budget its best to go used. Get a previous gen honda city. It is proven reliable. Good FE and interiors. And ofcourse the H badge has great snob value in india

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks