Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 15:30   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KESriram View Post
When I tried to get the service history before purchasing the car, the service center guy told me that am still not a Hyundai customer and that the car belonged to somebody else - so they wont share that data with me! Since I dealt with a dealer and didn't have the owner with me, thought this was probably the way they work - or is it?

However, I knew that guy personally so got him to check and test drive the car before purchase - but are service centers open to share information?
The best way to get history is to take a car owners authority letter along, Personal repo with service staff surely works.
Old 10th December 2009, 20:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
It was ateast a month back, its probably sold now.

Trying to look at the listings, found this on Hindu classifieds.

2005 Elantra CRDI - 4 lacs - contact 9840953737. There is a 2006 as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
2006 onwards the Elantra got some changes like Bumpers without black strips, body coloured beadings on doors and Leather seats available without option in topend diesel.

If you are able to find some good Elantra please note down the VIN no and get it checked at some hyundai service centre for service and repairs history, also to verify the actual mileage. I might help if you are not able to find some trusted service centre. All the Hyundai service centers have online record of all the cars service history.
Thanks guys...I'll check it out. It'd be great if I could find a top-end in black!!
Old 30th January 2010, 17:55   #33
BHPian

Ok, I have finally come across a decent one.
Here are the details -
2006 Elantra CRDi White
It doesn't have CC, leather, Alloy wheels, Airbags,ABS, nor EBD. It does have TC though.
43k done, single owner, mechanically sound, but the body needs work (looks like a car from Delhi :P).
I'm bargaining a bit, and might get it down to 3.8-3.9L.
Is this a good buy?
Old 30th January 2010, 22:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Depends on how much body work needs to be put in. As a rule of thumb, I generally am against buying a second hand car with a lot of dings (not major ones, they can be smaller dents too) as to me it shows that the owner didn't care about the car. SOmeone who was able to buy this car new, should be able to fix a few dents.

That being said, I would say that if you think that the mechanicals are in great nick and the cost of body repairs wouldn't take the total cost of purchase to greater than 4Lakhs, I think you can go for this.

With the lack of features in it, I think a price of 3.6 lakhs is fair, try to get it for no more than 3.75
Old 30th January 2010, 23:21   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilvr View Post
Ok, I have finally come across a decent one.
Here are the details -
2006 Elantra CRDi White
It doesn't have CC, leather, Alloy wheels, Airbags,ABS, nor EBD. It does have TC though.
43k done, single owner, mechanically sound, but the body needs work (looks like a car from Delhi :P).
I'm bargaining a bit, and might get it down to 3.8-3.9L.
Is this a good buy?
The version you are talking about has ABS+EBD+Brake assist+TCS. 43k is not a high mileage for a Elantra CRDi. Please get the car checked at Hyundai ASC thoroughly.

I dont know about the pricing of used cars in Chennai though.
Old 31st January 2010, 03:19   #36
BHPian

Had another look at the car...this time with the owner. The car does have all the options as anshuman had mentioned.
Checked with a Hyundai dealer - all of the periodical service was done with them.
I was never really a fan of how the car looked, if you check my older posts, so appearance is secondary, and it was kinda immaterial after a 30 minute TD.
Moreover I know of a good body shop that can do the car over for less than 15k.
2 tires are on their way out, but I was planning on upgrading anyway.
Anyway, after a really long day, I decided to go ahead with it!!
This'll be my first ever diesel car, and I should say that I might just like the dark side better
Old 31st January 2010, 03:25   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
As a rule of thumb, I generally am against buying a second hand car with a lot of dings (not major ones, they can be smaller dents too) as to me it shows that the owner didn't care about the car. SOmeone who was able to buy this car new, should be able to fix a few dents.
Apparently, it was driver driven most of the times, and these aren't serious dents as such, just a few scratches here and there.
Old 31st January 2010, 14:56   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had another look at the car...this time with the owner. The car does have all the options as anshuman had mentioned.
Checked with a Hyundai dealer - all of the periodical service was done with them.
I was never really a fan of how the car looked, if you check my older posts, so appearance is secondary, and it was kinda immaterial after a 30 minute TD.
Moreover I know of a good body shop that can do the car over for less than 15k.
2 tires are on their way out, but I was planning on upgrading anyway.
This'll be my first ever diesel car, and I should say that I might just like the dark side better
So What did you decide?
Old 31st January 2010, 17:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Put down a deposit, and she'll be mine in a week
Old 13th February 2010, 20:59   #40
BHPian

After a looong two week period, brought her home today!
Drove it around for 60kms in city, running errands...I should say I'm already in love with it. More important - It satisfies my requirement number 5 quite convincingly
I'll add pics in the morn.
Old 14th February 2010, 03:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your new ride...looking forward to some pics

drive safe
rev
Old 14th February 2010, 17:40   #42
BHPian

Here she is! Well, both of them actually..Just gave them a quick wash. I dont have a lotta space in my driveway. I'll get better ones when I'm out some time.

Upgrading from a Baleno-imag0025.jpg

Upgrading from a Baleno-imag0026.jpg

Upgrading from a Baleno-imag0027.jpg

Upgrading from a Baleno-imag0024.jpg
Old 14th February 2010, 18:50   #43
BHPian

nice car buddy.but is it really better car to drive as compared to baleno?
Old 14th February 2010, 21:16   #44
BHPian

They are quite different, but I haven't been driving the Elantra long enough to judge which is better.
I was thinking that the Elantra would lack the finesse and agility of the Baleno, but I was wrong. I'm throwing it around pretty much the same as the Baleno and it handled it very well, with a lot more comfort and 'luxury' though.
To put it simply, to me the Elantra is a grown up Baleno. If you're 18, go for the Baleno, if you're 28 - go for the Elantra
Old 14th February 2010, 21:33   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations for the car, Quiksilver. The car you have bought is the base variant which was available in the later years. Please do post a detailed review.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks