Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 01:03   #46
BHPian

Thanks .anshuman. It IS the Decontent version.
I'll start another thread where we can discuss about the stuff that's on the cards right now.
But I have one question - the car seems to be running rich. It's fine when idling, but during WOT, it smokes a bit. Any tips on how to get that sorted?
Old 15th February 2010, 01:42   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

1.Get the Airfilter cleaned
2.Replace the Fuel Filter
3.Fill only NORMAL Diesel from reliable fuel stations

And your Elantra will never smoke again (Unless the Fuel Pump gives up some day).
Hope this helps.
Old 15th February 2010, 08:36   #48
BHPian

Let me try that out. Thanks!
Old 16th February 2010, 20:19   #49
BHPian

@.anshuman - You have a white Elantra right? What's the color known as - Noble White or Real Earth? My R/c just says White :(
Old 18th February 2010, 15:49   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont know about the color name, AFAIK its noble white. All Hyundai car have the same white color. I have personally compared the white color in Santro, Accent and Elantra is same.
Old 18th February 2010, 18:38   #51
BHPian

Quicksilvr,

Congrats on your buy. I am glad that yopu decided on Elantra for your commute. Elantra is really good in handling, thanks to the stiff suspension in the rear and the power (turbo spool) will be so good that you will see cars vanishing in the RVM.

I am a happy owner fo Elantra, hope to meet you in our TBHP meets soon. Enjoy your drive.
Old 18th February 2010, 23:59   #52
BHPian

Thanks GT.
If it wasn't for TBhp, I would've ended up with a petrol guzzling Corolla or a 'pain in the A.S.S.' Octavia!
Thanks everyone who introduced me to the Elantra!
Old 21st March 2010, 02:46   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats qckslvr. How much did you seal the deal for? Also have you checked the FE that you get on this car?
Old 26th April 2010, 11:33   #54

Upgrading from Baleno can be a tough task. Congratulations for your purchase, especially when you have come out so satisfied. There are few options to upgrade unless you stretch your budget substantially. I believe Baleno has been a starting point for experiencing good driving pleasure and leaves you for more and more.
My Baleno has been sparing used with odo at 23K and three years old. I have been contemplating to upgrade, but I still love it.
Old 26th April 2010, 19:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

Will it be similar/better drive, an upgrade to skoda octavia 1.9tdi from baleno?
Old 26th April 2010, 22:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Will it be similar/better drive, an upgrade to skoda octavia 1.9tdi from baleno?
octavia 1.9tdi is very different car.you will get that luxury,big car,solid feel.very good highway car.but my answer to your guestion is NO
Old 27th April 2010, 17:41   #57
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
octavia 1.9tdi is very different car.you will get that luxury,big car,solid feel.very good highway car.but my answer to your guestion is NO
According to me, the Octavia 1.9 TDi is an overall superior car to the Baleno, and serves as a good upgrade too.

- The Octavia 1.9 TDi is super reliable. Simple honest mechanical engineering (minimal electronics)

- It's surprisingly quick. 0 - 100 in 13.xx seconds stock, and in 10.xx with a Petes box. In stock trim, the mid-range will blow the Baleno away, and with the Petes box, overall performance (including 0 - 100) will either be on par with the Baleno, or better.

- Excellent ride quality, handling and dynamics. It's way superior to the Baleno here.

- FE : No competition. Plus, it sips the cheaper fuel.

Sure, the spares will be more expensive, but the Balenos aren't cheap either. Yet again, overall, the Octavia 1.9 TDi is an excellent upgrade to a Baleno owner.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:05   #58
Senior - BHPian

To me, the natural upgrade from a Baleno would be either the Cedia or the Civic. I'm not comparing power only but from an overall daily driving perspective.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:10   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- The Octavia 1.9 TDi is super reliable. Simple honest mechanical engineering (minimal electronics)
But this simple honest car costs a bomb to maintain compared to Elantra. A clutch and flywheel job which costs 15k for Elantra will cost upwards of 60k for Octavia.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks