Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2011, 17:26   #46
BHPian

Re: What diesel car ? 7.5 Lakh Budget

I would say go for the fiesta classic
Excellent car, comfortable, very frugal engine yet not underpowered, amazing dynamics and might save you around 50K on your budget as well;

Indigo manza qj would also be a good option if the tata dealership in your area is good.

Renault logan is also another option but the taxi car image is stuck to it.

If you are buying a car why buy second hand.. go for a new car.
just my philosophy.
Old 27th May 2011, 17:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmahendra View Post
I did consider that but FE would be a decisive factor for me. That is one of the reason I am little reluctant to buy Punto also. Scorpio EX wouldnt do more than 11-12.
If you are considering MJD Punto, I think you should not be worried about FE. With some sedate driving on the highway, I have managed to get upto 29kmpl on my Punto (My thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ms-update.html). In the real world, my car returns about 15-16kmpl on a mix of city+highway runs (more kms in the city than highway).
Old 27th May 2011, 18:22   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmahendra View Post
I did consider that but FE would be a decisive factor for me. That is one of the reason I am little reluctant to buy Punto also. Scorpio EX wouldnt do more than 11-12.
Why are you not considering Logan (now Verito) - that has excellent FE, excellent suspension, excellent reliability, and you can get top model for 7.5L on road in Hyderabad (7L in Delhi)

Last edited by vina : 27th May 2011 at 18:50.
Old 27th May 2011, 18:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

In your requirements, the Punto is a perfect fit. I understand that the interiors are not that great, but there are rumours of a facelift. You may want to have a look around here. My second vote would be for the Manza Quadrajet simply for the sheer utility and space it offers.
Personally, I did not go for the i20 due to the nightmarish stories I heard about the steering rattle issues that remain unresolved and unexplained.

Going in for a pre owned car would expand your range a lot more. You may get a good Fiesta tdci or equivalent in your price range. The only issue is that your timing needs to be perfect!
Old 27th May 2011, 19:46   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
The new 2.2 Mhawk BS IV variants are marginally more fuel efficient than the BS III ones, with a balanced foot, expect 11 - 12 in city, and 13-14 over highways. Constant runs at 2K RPM on the expressway may just push that figure to 15, but that isn't practical as such.
Thanks for mentioning this. I read a thread yesterday or day before on this and thought about it for a while but not really keen on Scorpio, want to stick to a car for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post
hi getmahendra, owing to your fuel efficiency requirement and a limited budget i suggest you to try indigo e-cs model which gives around 23 kmpl..look at this:[COLOR=#0066cc]http://www.cars.tatamotors.com/indigocs/index.htm[/COLOR]

As a matter of fact, I bought my Vista when I actually went to check Indigo. The interiors were so bland that after checking Indigo when I checked Vista side by side, I was excited to see improvements in Vista. Indigo didnt even have cup holders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
@ getmahendra.

Fiesta is safe bet. Even if Fiesta's rates drop, Bangalore's high prices will ensure you don't lose out much.

Thanks Sachin!
That is rather true, so shouldn't be losing much. I am sticking to a new one because major chunk of the money will be through loan and for a used car interest rate would be more.

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2011 at 19:54. Reason: Kindly use Edit button to merge posts whilst posting within twenty minutes from the first post.
Old 28th May 2011, 13:10   #51
BHPian

Dude it has to be a new logan/linea since you mentioned bad roads.
The new verna and fiesta should be out of your budget.

If you want to go used do think about the optra magnum and innova
Old 31st May 2011, 10:05   #52
BHPian

Re: What diesel car ?

Hi all,

I have a Maruti Esteem VXi(2007). It has clocked around 70000 Kms It has been an excellent car and gives me a good mileage of 12-13 kmpl in Bangalore with AC. It really breaks my heart to even think that I am looking for a new car as Esteem has been my first car, car used for dating my wife and many more pleasant memories. But with increasing petrol prices and the option of operational lease from my company, I am tempted to go for a Diesel sedan.

My driving data
1. 27 kms per day and on an average around 1200-1500 kms per month
2. Every alternate month go to chennai on a drive.
3. 365 days a year, I am in the car. For around 100 days my wife accompanies me. And for around 20 days max my parents or her parents accompany us.
4. I enjoy driving. In my definition enjoy does not mean over speeding. I love fast cars, but on the race track and whilst watching formula 1. Not on Indian roads. I do touch 120 on the GQ occassionally.
5. Being a Maruti Esteem user, I am not aware of high maintenance costs and there has been no service nightmare.
6. Since I might go on the company lease, I think i can stretch till 12 to 12.5L.
7. I love maintaining my car.
8. 80 % of my daily commute is from Sahakar Nagar in North Bangalore till Raj Bhavan (No signal zone) and I time my commute to avoid peak hour traffic. 20 % is from Raj Bhavan to Dickenson road which might have bumper to bumper traffic on an occasional day.
9. Boot space is needed.

With these requirements I kind of shortlisted following cars in the order of preference/liking

1. New Verna 1.6 SX(O) Diesel
2. Vento Diesel Topline(Is it Topline?)
3. SX4 Diesel

I am not very comfortable with Ford or Fiat and hence not considering them.

With these in mind, can I get to know the comments/feedback from esteemed(sorry for the pun) Team-BHP ians?
Old 31st May 2011, 10:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Re: What diesel car ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
With these requirements I kind of shortlisted following cars in the order of preference/liking
1. New Verna 1.6 SX(O) Diesel
2. Vento Diesel Topline(Is it Topline?)
3. SX4 Diesel
I am not very comfortable with Ford or Fiat and hence not considering them.
I am not sure of the Verna, havent TDed it yet;
Vento Diesel highline would be my recommended option for your budget/ requirements
SX4 diesel is also good and reliable, but IMHO the looks are a bit dated.

I am not sure why you express discomfort for Ford & Fiat; the new Fiesta or the Linea would be perfect for your requirements.
While the Chevy Optra Magnum is an 'old' car, I would recommend this probably as much as the Vento.
A TD of the shortlisted cars should be in order, keep us updated!
Old 31st May 2011, 10:33   #54
BHPian

Actually, I heard Vento diesel has a waiting period of 8 months. Is it true?

I have many friends who own a Ford and have advised me to stay away from Ford due to service issues, costly spares etc. When is the new Fiesta launching? When it comes to Linea lots of people are complaining about after sales service. So is it worth it?

Let me look at Optra diesel too Thank you for the tip.
Old 1st June 2011, 02:18   #55
Senior - BHPian

Go for the new fluidic Verna. This I feel is the best option for you. Think over
Old 6th June 2011, 19:14   #56
BHPian

Prabhu,

My heart says go with Verna diesel - its the silky touch feeling - clutch, gear shift, which matters a lot during heavy trafflic. Its my personal opinion. Maintenance will be higher side but if you are saying you maintain it well so it should be ok. Spending 12 lakh then look for luxury also.

I have not driven other car's so I cannot compare. Ford service is not good as per my past experience.
Old 12th June 2011, 13:47   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raka1o
Prabhu,

My heart says go with Verna diesel - its the silky touch feeling - clutch, gear shift, which matters a lot during heavy trafflic. Its my personal opinion. Maintenance will be higher side but if you are saying you maintain it well so it should be ok. Spending 12 lakh then look for luxury also.

I have not driven other car's so I cannot compare. Ford service is not good as per my past experience.
Thanks. Am looking at Fiesta too. Waiting for launch.
Old 31st October 2013, 18:56   #58
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
It's hard to answer such a question correctly, unless one car is either really bad or exceptional. Also they are different not exactly the same segment of car though they target the same segment of buyers. You haven't mentioned your requirements here, you will need to look at what is practical for you in that context.

The fully loaded i10 is not as powerful as the Honda but it has great interiors, refinement and ride quality along with a vastly higher level of equipment. Since I don't know your needs, I would say that in general if I were looking for a purely city car I would go for the i10, whereas if I had a lot of highway driving I would consider the Honda.
Need a good Diesel Car, with very good FE, good drive in City. decent maintenance cost. 80%-20% : City-Highway drive. 6 People (4 adults + 2 kids) to be considered. All rounder in a way...I would say. Budget 7 lacs
Old 1st November 2013, 00:04   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun1010 View Post
Need a good Diesel Car, with very good FE, good drive in City. decent maintenance cost. 80%-20% : City-Highway drive. 6 People (4 adults + 2 kids) to be considered. All rounder in a way...I would say. Budget 7 lacs
Since you havent prioritized interiors, refinement, equipment levels, or safety features, the Honda would probably suit you since it does all of what you asked for and it has more power for the highways. However both are good cars.
Old 1st November 2013, 09:42   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Since you havent prioritized interiors, refinement, equipment levels, or safety features, the Honda would probably suit you since it does all of what you asked for and it has more power for the highways. However both are good cars.
How do you see these two in terms of Interiors, Refinement, Equipment and Safety. I met with an accident few months back, my Swift VDI braking and ABS couldn't help me. It was a major accident, vehicle total scrap. So thinking many times before making a decision. Budget is also a constrain, cant 6-7 is what i am thinking of.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks