Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 23:20   #31
BHPian

I don't really like the Jazz that much, I'm not the hatchback kind of guy.

As for the colour, I still can't make up my mind. lol.
Old 8th May 2010, 00:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

If you are going to do a TD of the ANHC jump into a Jazz and try it out too. It has the same interior space as the ANHC but is far more better put together and while the whole world drives an ANHC only a few have the Jazz.

I know many will burn me for having said that but it is true the ANHC is just as enticing as 'dal chawal' where the Jazz is the 'Pulao' and the Civic is the 'Dum Biryani' take your pick.

Edit Whoops! just saw your comments on the Jazz above. I would still insist that you get the dealer to bring the car home for a TD and let your mother take a call on the Jazzback.

Double Edit Saw your post from the afternoon and that your mother has picked the Civic. Congratulations and happy driving.

Last edited by khoj : 8th May 2010 at 00:39.
Old 8th May 2010, 02:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Can you throw more light on the upgrade you heard about ? Also, going by your post, are the earlier Civic's only BS3 compliant and not BS4 ? I have a Jan 2010 model. Does it mean mine is only BS3 compliant then?
The BSIII cars will meet the BSIV emission norms - thats what I gathered. Does your registration card mention BSIII/IV?
Old 8th May 2010, 13:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
The BSIII cars will meet the BSIV emission norms - thats what I gathered. Does your registration card mention BSIII/IV?
My RC does not mention anything about the emission compliance. How do I know if my car is BS3 or BS4 compliant?
Old 10th May 2010, 12:37   #35
BHPian

Quote:
My RC does not mention anything about the emission compliance. How do I know if my car is BS3 or BS4 compliant?
Since you bought you car in Jan, 2010 in Chennai. As I understand, by law it was required to be BS-III compliant and certified so it definitely is a BS-III car.

If you opted on getting the Registration done by yourself, you must have been given a number of forms along-with the invoice like the registration forms, pollution compliance certificate, etc by your Honda dealer.

Since, BS-IV norms did not come into play by Jan, 2010, even if your car is BS-IV compliant, it is not certified so just as the case is with my ANHC purchased in December, 2009. This news release by Honda (Honda Car India : Press Releases) mentions ANHC being Euro-IV compliant but it was certified only as BS-III compliant in my case.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

Honda (and many others) have a scam - our cars are BS4 compliant (not certified). They have a six month widown in which to flog off BS3 cars in BS4 cities as long as the car was manufactured before 31 March 2010. They are all busy doing that. The Area Sales manager of Honda tried to play this on me. The main difference in a BS4 certified car (from a BS4 compliant car) is the addition of a warning light (controlled by the Lambda sensor) which lights up if your emissions got beyond limits.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Honda (and many others) have a scam - our cars are BS4 compliant (not certified). They have a six month widown in which to flog off BS3 cars in BS4 cities as long as the car was manufactured before 31 March 2010. They are all busy doing that. The Area Sales manager of Honda tried to play this on me. The main difference in a BS4 certified car (from a BS4 compliant car) is the addition of a warning light (controlled by the Lambda sensor) which lights up if your emissions got beyond limits.
Well said, Sir.

I wonder why any car company needs to resort to such a scam thus losing customer confidence. As apart from the NCR + 12 cities that come under the purview of the new BS-IV norms, all other cities are BS-III compliant so they could always sell the BS-III cars legally in those cities.

PS: Sorry for hijacking your thread @Saarth.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, technically any car manufactured after 31 March 2010 will be a BS4 compliant car ? In addition to the warning light on the BS4 cars, is there any other tweaking done to the engine et al to make it BS4 compliant ? Again, I am referring to just the Civic here.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:43   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
I don't really like the Jazz that much, I'm not the hatchback kind of guy.

As for the colour, I still can't make up my mind. lol.
Congrats on your finalization of Civic. As we all know color is a personal choice.

But, IMHO, the Civic looks in its full glory only in a white color.

Why dont you pick up a Purple Colored one ( if they still make them) just to be unique if you think that color is not too much jazz
Old 10th May 2010, 16:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats on your finalization of Civic. As we all know color is a personal choice.

But, IMHO, the Civic looks in its full glory only in a white color.

Why dont you pick up a Purple Colored one ( if they still make them) just to be unique if you think that color is not too much jazz
Misty Violet is no longer a colour option in the Civic. The options are very few including White, Black, Habanero Red, Polished Metal and Alabaster Silver.
Old 10th May 2010, 16:06   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Misty Violet is no longer a colour option in the Civic. The options are very few including White, Black, Habanero Red, Polished Metal and Alabaster Silver.
That's a shame. I liked that color, from some angles it almost looks like black.

Polished Metal and Alabaster Silver both sound same. Are they different?

Also, did they stop the Bluish color too? Or Polished Metal is its official name?
Old 10th May 2010, 16:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. The only true "colour" option for Civic is Habanero Red. Rest are all shades of black, grey, white and silver. See a snap of my car below.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City or Civic?-car-trip-small.jpg  

Old 10th May 2010, 16:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

I was talking about the BS4 compliant cars being registered in BS4 cities. Many manufacturers (esp. higher end) do not wish to have different models for BS3 and BS4. You always make a BS3 car and sell it anywhere except for the 13 cities.

Last edited by sgiitk : 10th May 2010 at 16:13.
Old 10th May 2010, 16:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That's a shame. I liked that color, from some angles it almost looks like black.

Polished Metal and Alabaster Silver both sound same. Are they different?

Also, did they stop the Bluish color too? Or Polished Metal is its official name?
Polished Metal and Alabaster Silver are different colours with the former being a dark greyish colour and the latter a Silver one, as the name suggests. Sadly, the Bluish Silver option has also been revoked.
Old 10th May 2010, 16:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

@saarth - decided on the colour ?

Quote:
The main difference in a BS4 certified car (from a BS4 compliant car) is the addition of a warning light (controlled by the Lambda sensor) which lights up if your emissions got beyond limits.
I was told that the BSIV ANHC had a 'sensor' added. No change to the engine per se. And hence had a 5K price increase. If it's what you are referring to here, then the Civic might also see a slight price increase when they add the 'sensor' !

Quote:
Sadly, the Bluish Silver option has also been revoked.
Yes, loved that colour. Would probably have gone for it, if it were available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
See a snap of my car below.
OT - what film have you got on the windows? What % visibility?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks