Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 08:10   #76
Senior - BHPian

I appreciate your gesture on Tjet. For now its the linea I love and nothing else simply due to VFM reasons. Hopefully the Tjet would also take care of the underpoweredness once and for all as well.
Old 18th June 2010, 21:15   #77
BHPian

This is further good news. Read here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...series-22.html Fiat is offering remap of 1.4 for ACC improvement. Whether it improves the power, I don't know. I called up concorde and am getting it done tomorrow. Will post the results on my thread.
Old 18th June 2010, 21:43   #78
BHPian

if you plan to use the car in the city for 60% of the time atleast Fiesta is the best option period The only issue is new fiesta could be out in other year or 2 at max.

Linea is a very big car which somehow looses out on the space optimisation front. However because of it's size it still is better than fiesta marginally in terms of room. It's the best choice if you do highways more than 60%.

Verna doesn't have good handling and wallows quite a bit. It's more spacious than Linea though and it's a hyundai so A.S.S is good. Steering is horrible for my cousin's verna.
Old 19th June 2010, 09:12   #79
Senior - BHPian

my only worry with fiesta is the ford people are not very concerned about my need for a car. no amount of calls from them after i enquired. but tata has been calling me more or less once or twice a week which shows their interest in selling me linea. i am keeping off verna for now as well.
Old 20th June 2010, 03:03   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
my only worry with fiesta is the ford people are not very concerned about my need for a car. no amount of calls from them after i enquired. but tata has been calling me more or less once or twice a week which shows their interest in selling me linea. i am keeping off verna for now as well.
I have had similar experiences with Ford as well. Kairali Ford in Trivandrum showed little to no interest in my enquiry about Figo until I called again after two weeks. Even then, their attitude was as if they were doing me a great favour by selling me a car. I've heard that maintenance-wise, the Fiesta is better than the Ikon, which is expensive because of how it's made. From Fiesta on, Ford adopted the strategy of child-parts (detailed in the Ford factory trip in the forum) which brought the cost down. I don't think that there are any questions about the longevity of the Fiesta, considering so many of them are running as Tourist taxis with high mileages.

Tata-Fiat, however, is very good at marketing and follow-up, speaking from experience. They respond diligently to queries, offer prompt test drives and do not rush you. Generally, they also have better offers and freebies than most. The problem with dealers of popular cars is that they have the upper hand and know it and use it in their dealings with you.

Between Fiesta and Linea, I would definitely go for the Linea. It has a much more modern engine, looks loads better, and is a much more contemporary model than the Fiesta.
Old 20th June 2010, 03:18   #81
Senior - BHPian

I will vote for the Linea. All things said and done, it is a very accomplished vehicle and it is very good value for money.
Old 21st June 2010, 13:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

second hand market seems to be on fire. looking at a couple of options at the moment. other than vgt punto and linea 1.4 nothing is newer (of course respects to fiesta)
Old 21st June 2010, 17:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Currently, the only option you have seems to be the Linea or the Innova.
What about the Indigo Manza? Whilst there is no comparison to the Innova on space, I have found the Linea to be pretty cramped in the rear!
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

i did drive the manza. it was peppy due to fire engine from FIAT. space on rear is like an airplane business class seat really. but flimsy plastics make it a not so good buy. but at that price, its still a steal considering you still get the same FIAT engine at a lakh lesser.
Old 22nd June 2010, 23:31   #85
BHPian

Hi All

Can anyone let me know when really VW india gonna start VENTO booking..

i have just shifted to bangalore and had already sold all the cars that were with me..

i am having my money ready and just waiting to book VENTO..

but i am not getting a clear reply from VW showrooms in bangalore.

Please help..
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:42   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
Hi All

Can anyone let me know when really VW india gonna start VENTO booking..

i have just shifted to bangalore and had already sold all the cars that were with me..

i am having my money ready and just waiting to book VENTO..

but i am not getting a clear reply from VW showrooms in bangalore.

Please help..
I guess you can't get a proper answer yet. I visited Orion Motors in Hyd last night to check the same and their guess is September for both Polo 1.6 hatch & Vento. But they clearly said they are not sure and they have no clue about the pricing as well. I read VW is going to make some "exciting" announcement on Jul 6, hopefully there will be some news on Vento.
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:36   #87
Senior - BHPian

The last time i called they said november. Even if we estimate half of that, it would be october.
Old 24th June 2010, 18:23   #88
Senior - BHPian

A new journey begins. A new Long term report follows. Mods, you may close this thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks