Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 11:41   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Here will be my list of vehicles for you:

1) FIAT LINEA: Suits you down to the 'T'. Go for the top end version- E Pack. Top build from outside. Decentish interiors now after some minor tweaks for the 2010 version. All the bells and whistles.
As far as 'underpowered' thing goes: Get it Pete'd to raise the power to 105ish bhp (after the new raise to 93ps) OR Get it done from Race Dynamics. They are very confident about their 'post tuned' lineas.
Service: You have to live with it. It is not that bad as people make it sound. A lot of it has to do with 'perception'. We have Hondas in family and didn't find their attitude great either.

2) VW VENTO: This should be out max by around September (ACI claims July). Great build, top interiors, high quality should be a given. 105 bhp 1.6 TDI (ACI claimed; could turn out be a 90bhp version as well.) too. This should be your TOP DOG. VW prestige as well. A.S.S may be okayish (Not SKODA bad at all) and it may be slightly costlier to maintain than the Japs/Koreans. Also, no matter what any magzine or source say, it will not come cheap. Expect ANHC type prices or just below it.

3) USED HONDA CIVIC: What a car this is! IHMO, the best HONDA on road even today. You get everything you want and more. Bteer in 'quality' than Corolla anyday.

Since you are looking to upgrade to a better 'quality' car, I don't recommend Verna or SX4 (no offence to anyone).

PS: By the way, with your running, why are you insisting on diesel. IMHO, you don't need it!
Agree with fiat linea tuning options completely. other option as jaggu mentioned would be T-jet.

Vento and ANHC - price is prohibitive for me. so ruled out for now.

used civic's are still pricey, but will have a look. dread their laden weight ground clearance a lot.

meanwhile i am checking on a 30000km run corolla 2007 for about 6-ish sounds a good deal. also checked on one honda city 2005 35000km run for 5 lac. he sounded ridiculous at that price. came to know from jaggu that 2007 hondas are there for 4.8-ish, so outright rejected that 5 lac stuff. he then came to tell me that dealer is quoting 4.3 for his vehicle which is near to the right price barring the fact correcting minor dents will be atleast another 25-30k.

currently aiming to check out these two cars. meanwhile toyota and maruti valuators are coming over to check my vehicle today. lets see what they quote.
Old 27th May 2010, 11:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

Lets be realistic

Quote:
I personally don't know if I would touch the Civic, but I'd not pay more than 6 for the Civic either (But steer clear of this particular civic, you ought to be able to find one with a lot less mileage).
Well, let's be realistic! he is looking for a car in BANGALORE. I think he may struggle to find a decent CIVIC for 6 lakhs in Delhi/Gurgaon either , let alone Bangalore. Bangalore is the costliest City to buy vehicles, new and used alike!

I think that a more realistic used price for a CIVIC is decent condition in Bangy will be 7L+. As I said earlier, if he is open to a used car, the CIVIC will be his best option.
Old 27th May 2010, 11:57   #48
BHPian

@GeekSrik, I am not in a position to help you in any way. But, I am very interested to know what you end up buying. Come October 2010, I would be in a very similar position as you, looking for a sedan with all bells and whistles less than 10 lakhs.

Your best option seems like the Linea Epack or a 'pre-worshipped' Civic or Corolla. All the very best to you with your search.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:25   #49
BHPian

HI Geek,

Since you were looking at Innova earlier, May i ask you consider Scropio Vlx. I know its entirely different class. But you get most of the things that you are looking for in a Sedan and those you dont in get Sedan are the things which we can easily live with or retrofit.

Even I was looking for a change of wheels and I had a TD of Scropio, man trust me It will get into your nerves. Everything is great in this at its price tag (12.3 OTR Blore).

Rock Stable, better A.S.S, Safe, rattle free, peppy what not..!!

let me know if you wanna take a test drive, i'll pass o nthe SA's number to you from Sireesh Auto.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 27th May 2010, 14:14   #50
BHPian

I think the following 2 cars could offer the best compromise given your budget.
Best new: Honda City
Best used: Civic

cheers!
Old 27th May 2010, 14:42   #51
BHPian

Its the SX4 for you. See comparison table of your wishlist :

The Linea T-Jet will add 0.5 or 1 to the points. Still trails the SX4.

VW Vento will come in Sep and have 3 months waiting. So you get to wait till Jan 2011.

Or try putting your own points in this table and see the result

If you can compromise on the sedan then the i20 diesel suits your requirements.
Attached Thumbnails
Planning on a new sedan, but which one?-geek.jpg  

Last edited by p'arth : 27th May 2010 at 14:43.
Old 27th May 2010, 17:17   #52
BHPian

How do you have the Linea as 0 in headroom and legroom and the others as 1?

Based on this post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1895275

Car - Min Legroom - Max Legroom - Headroom
Linea - 65 - 86 - 87
SX4 - 64 - 87 - 89
Fiesta - 62 - 82.5 - 85.5
ANHC - 63 - 93 - 95

Linea has the highest minimum legroom (with front seat pushed fully backwards) and is close to SX4 on the max legroom.

Fiesta has the lowest values in all 3 categories.

If any, then Fiesta should get 0 there, ANHC 1 and Linea and SX4 0.5
Old 27th May 2010, 18:21   #53
BHPian

I don't go on numbers each time. If I sat in the back seat of linea my head touches the roof. It does not in the Fiesta. Hence the 0

By the no.s you have put I'll add a 0.5 to Linea on this and a 0.5 can be deleted from Fiesta. Still the SX4 leads for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
How do you have the Linea as 0 in headroom and legroom and the others as 1?

Based on this post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1895275

Car - Min Legroom - Max Legroom - Headroom
Linea - 65 - 86 - 87
SX4 - 64 - 87 - 89
Fiesta - 62 - 82.5 - 85.5
ANHC - 63 - 93 - 95

Linea has the highest minimum legroom (with front seat pushed fully backwards) and is close to SX4 on the max legroom.

Fiesta has the lowest values in all 3 categories.

If any, then Fiesta should get 0 there, ANHC 1 and Linea and SX4 0.5
Old 27th May 2010, 18:55   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
I don't go on numbers each time. If I sat in the back seat of linea my head touches the roof. It does not in the Fiesta. Hence the 0
That is a very good indicator that one should actually go and feel the car in person, rather than rely fully on numbers.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:46   #55
BHPian

Am in the same dilemma as you. If i were you this would have been my order of preference:-

1. Wait for Linea 1.4 Tjet or 1.6 MJD, Upcoming new Fiesta
2. Buy a pre worshipped Cedia.
3. Buy a pre worshipped Civic

Waiting for some more time makes more sense to me, as you will have a lot more options. All the best.
Old 30th May 2010, 15:23   #56
Senior - BHPian

thanks for your answers guys. i can't believe what i am going through here! at this point either the costs are prohibitive for no features, or you have a thoroughly underpowered car with all bells and whistles, or you have both but maintenance will drain your purse out.

now looking forward to the vw vento to see how crappy or great that can be.
Old 8th June 2010, 09:49   #57
Senior - BHPian

One query please, does SX4 rattle like the swift? have any of you had the experience of rattling windows or doors?
Old 8th June 2010, 10:23   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Well, let's be realistic! he is looking for a car in BANGALORE. I think he may struggle to find a decent CIVIC for 6 lakhs in Delhi/Gurgaon either , let alone Bangalore. Bangalore is the costliest City to buy vehicles, new and used alike!

I think that a more realistic used price for a CIVIC is decent condition in Bangy will be 7L+. As I said earlier, if he is open to a used car, the CIVIC will be his best option.

Well, the problem is that this particular Civic has a very high mileage. Why pay so much when you can find something with fewer kms on the Odo for similar pricing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
One query please, does SX4 rattle like the swift? have any of you had the experience of rattling windows or doors?
I personally haven't had any long term experience with the sx4, but considering the atrocious Maruti build quality, why would you want to consider this car? nothing about the new SX4 even remotely warrants its hefty price (I have suggested this car to others, but their situation was different from yours); I would wait for the Vento, or contact a broker to try and find a used Accord/Camry/Civic/Corolla; the reason I feel the Camry or Accord will work very well for you is:

1) Negligible fuel consumption, so the mileage shouldn't be high on the priority list (either of these cars won't burn a hole in your pocket with the amount you drive)

2) A host of safety features

3) Low maintenance (on Accord especially, I feel Camry may be a bit higher, but then again, very little is likely to go wrong with the Camry)

4) When you do go on long trips, these two cars will both be much more comfortable than any new car in your budget.

If you want to contact a reliable broker, send me a PM, I'll put you in touch with him.

Last edited by imp! : 8th June 2010 at 10:27.
Old 8th June 2010, 16:10   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
I am an owner of a 2007 SX4 ZXi and have done 35k Kms. I haven't faced any issues of rattling doors or windows (Touch wood). There are issues of minor squeaks from the seats though
Old 8th June 2010, 23:47   #60
BHPian

Did someone mention linea and ground clearence in the same post???
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks