Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2005, 15:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

OHC 1.3 - 11-12 in city limits
OHC 1.5 - 10 in city limits
OHC Vtech - 9 in city limits

(largely depends on the driving sytle)

In long drives 1.5 gives better mileage than 1.3 though not sure about the difference.

OHC owners correct me, if Iam wrong
Old 26th October 2005, 17:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
In long drives 1.5 gives better mileage than 1.3 though not sure about the difference
How can that be true?? How can a similar engine with a larger displacement (1.5) be more FE on the Highways and less FE in the city than the 1.3.

1.3 OHC shd be more FE than 1.5 OHC at all times and at all places.
Old 26th October 2005, 21:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

bro,
does rajmundry have an toyota showroom?

i got the perfect vehicle for uncle, an toyota innova g1,

currect for rajmundry roads,had road presence ,isnt too flashy and gives awesome mileage

plus point is u will lovvve driving that delicious d4d engine!
Old 27th October 2005, 00:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

But aadix, i thought satish had a stricter budget.
Old 27th October 2005, 09:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
But aadix, i thought satish had a stricter budget.
but nitrous bro,wouldnt the innova g1(power steering,single a/c) be marginaly more expensive than the indigo sx ??,which was satish's first choice
Old 27th October 2005, 10:10   #21
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
My Dad like KM/L than KM/H and BHP.
I strongly think NHC would be perfect for your dad's requirements and profession as well only if you can convince your dad for this.

Innova suits well to your dad if he will be going for a chauffeur. If you plan for Innova, then you have go for atleast G2 which has power windows as well. Can't imagine sitting in a 9 lakh car and manually rolling the windows.
Old 27th October 2005, 21:36   #22
BHPian

Hey ford fiesta is out have a look on it...
Old 27th October 2005, 23:30   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

The Innova G1 would be 7- 7.5L bro, not 9L,
The City VTEC gives a better average on the highway and even in the city then the 1.5 thanks to the VTEC technology.
TSK,
what i mean is that a 5 year old lancer would sell for say 3.5L in the used car market while a new lancer ould cost 7L, the Indigo SX would sell for also 3.0 - 3.5L 5 years down the line, while it costs 20K less so the basic difference is almost nil.
An Ikon 1.6 which cost 6L is selling for less then 2L and an accent of the same vintage for 2.2L so there isn't much of a difference in resale.
The Ford Fiesta s going to be launched on 15th November, with a delicious price tag and is supposed to be very good.
Check out this month's ACI.
Satish -
the Innova is actually a really good option and you can check out the Baleno. More prestige then the siena while less thn a new city.
Old 1st November 2005, 07:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And we don't have HM service center in our town.

We have dealerships of Maruti, Hyundai and Tata. Also there is a service center for Ford who also supports Honda. Got to choose among these brands.
Satish here is the HM dealer in Hyderabad.Infact HM has more dealerships than honda.

Sureka Auto Pvt. Ltd.
6-1-346/3 Padmarao Nagar New Bhoiguda, Walker Town Near Railway Station
Hyderabad 500 025
Tel : 040 – 27536345
Mob : 98490 12488

And no the lancer is not replaced by the cedia. The current lancer is getting a complete facelift( most probably a 1.6 engine) and it will stay in the c+ segment. The cedia is a d segment car. According to your priorities

1. cost of ownership/mileage:- lancer with the slashed price is now cheaper than the baleno and the NHC. With HM's new 3 year warranty and the unlimited mileage asset care program you are always assured. HM recently reduced the prices of spares by upto 60%. Mileage is equal to the NHC and baleno at 12kmpl.

2. Better resale:- many people claim lancer is not giving good resale. Lancer has a better resale than the baleno and is equivalent to the OHC in prices(OHC is usually around 10k more).

3.Decent service:- Lamborghini I suppose is not much satisfied with the way his car was serviced the last time. But I have got a real good service from my mitsubishi(not HM ) dealer. They take the car for service look for each and every problem in detail, also fix the small knick knacks they find and leave the car. but i guess that varies from dealer to dealer.

4. comfort:- Comfort of lancer is among the best in the cars within 10 lakhs. While Lancer was preffered over OHC for comfort and space, The lancer still remain excellent and is equivalent to the baleno,NHC and corolla.

5.In city the flat torque makes it extrememly driveable and its also fun on long drives for those sunday trips your dad makes.

with 6.59 ex showroom you are getting a new lancer for the price of a indigo diesel plus the discounts(better spent on 15" after market alloys and an after market spoiler)

but here are some other options
1. NHC( FE, image,reliability, interiors and fresh exteriors)(power,rough ride, expensive)
2.hyundai ( dont buy one without ABS, Hyundai service, decent FE, jack of all trades car) (interiors,now old, isnt best in any one aspect)
3. maruti baleno (power,auto a/c,FE, Maruti service) (maruti will kill it anytime now,smaller than rivals,parts a bit expensive,low resale)
4. may sound a bit off but ever considered a corsa 1.6??? at 5.21 ex- showroom its cheaper than your indigo and extremely comfortable and reliable and driveable on bad roads. With the money saved get your own car modified
space is a bit less and is not much enthusiastic to drive.
5. Indigo gsx is the best of tata's cars( luxury all around,FE robust)
(tiny knicks, refinement,gearshift)
6. FORd fiesta (great engines, new car, good FE)(may not be able to stand up to the NHC)

I have always suggested cars based on safety first hence I will recemmend
1. Hyundai accent with ABS/ford fiesta.
2. mitsubishi lancer(just love to drive this car)/ maruti baleno
3. NHC/ Indigo diesel sx

Last edited by devarshi84 : 1st November 2005 at 07:36.
Old 1st November 2005, 08:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix
but nitrous bro,wouldnt the innova g1(power steering,single a/c) be marginaly more expensive than the indigo sx ??,which was satish's first choice
Not marginally - it should be quite a bit more expensive.
Old 2nd November 2005, 00:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Innova is for the big/joint families. For a nuclear family a sedan/hatchback is the best bet.
Old 2nd November 2005, 10:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

devashri.....Hyderabad is like 400KM from my town and the nearest dealer is 150 KMS away. And my Dad will never take care of his car to an extent to drive to a distant place for servicing....

Waiting to check the Fiest before taking any decision..
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:44   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

The Fiesta Duratorq seems like a really good option.
I would avoid reccomending the accent even with ABS for safety reasons as i beilieve the car only got 1.5 stars in NCAP and i suppose that is with airbags and ABS.
Old 3rd November 2005, 01:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
devashri.....Hyderabad is like 400KM from my town and the nearest dealer is 150 KMS away. And my Dad will never take care of his car to an extent to drive to a distant place for servicing....

Waiting to check the Fiest before taking any decision..

whoooooooooooops!!!!!!!!!! I guessed that u lived in Hyderabad(location in your profile).

here are my options from the post above.

I have always suggested cars based on safety first hence I will recommend
1. ford fiesta/Hyundai accent with ABS.
2. maruti baleno/indigo sx series(lancer is out of choice now)
3. NHC(I did a comparo and baleno won over the NHC except for looks and interiors)

Lamborghini the other cars dont even have ABS compared to Hyundai. Hence Ford Fiesta should be your first choice and then The Accent

Last edited by devarshi84 : 3rd November 2005 at 01:45.
Old 3rd November 2005, 11:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Satish ,

if i were in your place i would consider the following 3 cars only,

1) NHC
2) Tata Indigo
3) Ford Fiesta

IF its diesels, just wait till the Ford is out and if the Ford is short of expectations go for the indigo.

If petrol nothing like the NHC. And since its for ur dad , great ride quality and comfortabe rear seats should be a must . The NHC and the Indigo have the above 2 qualities mentioned..and the Ford should be comfortable in the back and have a great ride too( im expecting this).

so happy hunting.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 3rd November 2005 at 11:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks