Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:10   #61
BHPian

hey aalaap, any updates on this. I am looking at getting a lancer too but wondering if it's going to cause me too much heartburn in the maintenence dept. let me know how this pans out.

Last edited by thewhiteknight : 3rd December 2009 at 10:16. Reason: Edit: saw this thread is 2 yrs old. I'm looking to get a lancer and wonder if it worth 2L now and which model
Old 4th December 2009, 08:16   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
hey aalaap, any updates on this. I am looking at getting a lancer too but wondering if it's going to cause me too much heartburn in the maintenence dept. let me know how this pans out.
Lancer spares and maintenance bills are expensive. IFF done at a Mitsu service station w/ OEM parts. If you can cope with it then go for it. Its a swell car to own. Check for Viduts threads on his SFXi. Will clear many of your doubts.
Old 19th May 2010, 18:06   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Lancer spares and maintenance bills are expensive. IFF done at a Mitsu service station w/ OEM parts. If you can cope with it then go for it. Its a swell car to own. Check for Viduts threads on his SFXi. Will clear many of your doubts.
This is a misconception, Lancer is not at-all expensive to maintain compared to other cars in its segment. i own one for 5 years now and i never paid any hefty bills. Moreover, the engine is super reliable, my car has touched 97k and still no problem with that. All that i have done recently after these many miles on the odo is a change of suspensions and clutch plate, rest all is still in good shape. Following is what a regular service costs: 1. Air filter change: 200-300rs 2. Oil filter change: 150-200rs 3. Engine oil change: depends on what oil you want 4. Top-ups for others which if required: 100-200rs That's it. All parts are not expensive as well. Check the new rate list that is posted on some other thread here. It's just the age old reputation that is killing the image of lancer and it is called "a high maintenance car". It was a high maintenance car when it was launched but now it is manufactured and assembled in India. Also, parts are readily available at any HM service station, availability is no concern since the car is still in production. (if you are comparing the prices to non-oem parts, then barring some exceptions, we all know how reliable can they be) Also, Vidut's thread that you are referring to can be an exception, we have similar threads for most of the cars on tbhp. That thread is not a benchmark of it at all. Also, you can't compare the build quality of lancer to any maruti, it doesn't have cheap plastics anywhere. Cheaply manufactured parts are cheap to buy (no offenses here, i own a swift as well and this is my personal observation.) Lancer is slightly outdated car now, but still looks good in design and has features like electrically adjustable mirrors, seat adjustments, tilt steering. Not to mention the unlimited possibilities of exterior modifications - no esteem can compare to a lancer, not even in dreams. Cheers! (Just realized that the last post was long time back, but felt like putting my thoughts here.)
Old 19th May 2010, 23:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

Somubj, very well said. I can vouch for super-reliability of Lancer. I have a 2000 model diesel Lancer which has made hundreds, yes repeat hundreds of out of town runs. the odod stands at 1.6 lakh KMs and it still runs like new. absolutely no issues. Only, windshield got some scratches and shockabsorber seem to have hardened up a bit. still no suspension rattles.

Ok, I am thinking of changing my car but only because i am bored with it. after all you need a change in life, don't you? how long can you keep using the same car over and over and over again, no matter how good it is?
Old 19th May 2010, 23:45   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Somubj, very well said. I can vouch for super-reliability of Lancer. I have a 2000 model diesel Lancer which has made hundreds, yes repeat hundreds of out of town runs. the odod stands at 1.6 lakh KMs and it still runs like new. absolutely no issues. Only, windshield got some scratches and shockabsorber seem to have hardened up a bit. still no suspension rattles.

Ok, I am thinking of changing my car but only because i am bored with it. after all you need a change in life, don't you? how long can you keep using the same car over and over and over again, no matter how good it is?
Same here, planning to buy a jeep and head for some adventure. wish lancer had a 4x4, short chasis and better ground clearance :-).
Old 8th March 2015, 21:50   #66
BHPian

Re: Lancer in 2L? Makes sense anymore?

Hey, bumping up an old thread guys.

I am looking at buying a used Lancer (diesel, ofcourse ) myself. I have seen Lancers with over 1.5L km on the odo running pretty good. What are the major expenses I am looking at if I am able to pick a neat Lancer from the market in Bangalore now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks