Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2014, 19:35   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Home Construction / Makeover / Maintenance Thread

Any website where we can buy ess ess/Jaguar taps and fittings online?
Old 6th June 2014, 12:01   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I'm planning to get a glass door entrance to our shop, any idea what kind of expense I should be looking at? Also, any particular shop (or area) in Delhi that is recommeded for this kind of work?

The entrance is about 6.5-7 ft wide and 7 ft high. I currently have a wooden door (with top half of glass) and rest of the frame is wooden too with a 1.5x1.5 ft glass window.
Recommendation would be to use 10/12mm thk toughened glass which costs you around Rs. 225 per sq.ft including labour. If you are looking at frameless glass with patch fittings, add approximately 15-20k for door fittings(floor spring, handle, top and bottom patch, lock, etc.) depending upon the make (godrej, ozone, dorma, etc).
As for a vendor, try speaking to a glass shop/dealer nearby, as this is not a lot of work.
Old 12th June 2014, 23:23   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Any website where we can buy ess ess/Jaguar taps and fittings online?
snapdeal? shopclues?
Old 25th June 2014, 18:09   #184
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried Wooden flooring? Need some basic ideas on how to go about it. Not very expensive at 150-350Rs/sq feet, but need to understand how it will work and last in our conditions.
Old 25th June 2014, 18:28   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Has anyone tried Wooden flooring? Need some basic ideas on how to go about it. Not very expensive at 150-350Rs/sq feet, but need to understand how it will work and last in our conditions.
Rs. 150 to 350 is a good price for wooden flooring. We have used laminated wooden flooring. Been on for almost 4 years now and hardly any scratches and very rough use - kids and all! Paid Rs. 140 psft then. Don't go for hard wood flooring if you cannot spend time on maintaining it. Darker laminated wood looks and feels nice.
Old 25th June 2014, 18:34   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Rs. 150 to 350 is a good price for wooden flooring. We have used laminated wooden flooring. Been on for almost 4 years now and hardly any scratches and very rough use - kids and all! Paid Rs. 140 psft then. Don't go for hard wood flooring if you cannot spend time on maintaining it. Darker laminated wood looks and feels nice.
Thanks for the info. Any further information will be appreciated like brand, installation, maintenance required etc.
Old 25th June 2014, 18:40   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Thanks for the info. Any further information will be appreciated like brand, installation, maintenance required etc.
This the one I got: http://www.pergo.co.in/

You can check with these guys for more info on other brands. http://www.squarefoot.co.in/contact-us/?city=chennai
Old 25th June 2014, 18:58   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
snapdeal? shopclues?
Got one angle stop cock of CERA through snap deal. Got it at a good price, but the pictures can be misleading. So, if one is very sure of the model number, these online portals surely have better rates.
Old 26th June 2014, 15:29   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricxx View Post
Thanks for the advice Aroy. My house is currently under construction. How much is this water proof compound treatment for? Someone told me this new waterproof treatment is for Rs 500 per sqft. This is an extremely expensive prospect. Is there any other waterproof treatments which are economical?
Waterproofing should not cost more than 35 Rs. Per square feet.
Old 27th June 2014, 21:23   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg83 View Post
Waterproofing should not cost more than 35 Rs. Per square feet.
Waterproofing costs depend.
1. For toilets we use Dr.Fixit or Sicco. Use a brush and apply it on the brick surfaces, after the plumbers and electricians have cut their channels.
2. For concrete add the waterproofing chemicals as directed.
3. For terrace we first apply the chemical and then normally apply tarred felt layer.
Old 3rd August 2014, 20:06   #191
A.R
BHPian

Folks, any pointers on FRP or non wooden doors for Bathroom? My bathroom door just about a year old has started to blacken and wear out already. Bad quality wood/finishing I guess.

Also, do these non wooden doors come of a standard size? I'm hoping they can be fit into existing hinges on the wooden frame.

One other question: My house main door was polished with some powder & spray paint - very dark brown/blackish in color. Any idea what's that?
Old 4th August 2014, 09:25   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
Folks, any pointers on FRP or non wooden doors for Bathroom? My bathroom door just about a year old has started to blacken and wear out already. Bad quality wood/finishing I guess.

Also, do these non wooden doors come of a standard size? I'm hoping they can be fit into existing hinges on the wooden frame.

One other question: My house main door was polished with some powder & spray paint - very dark brown/blackish in color. Any idea what's that?
I think you can fix PVC door for bathroom. You can customize the size and it comes with good finish and quality these days.
Old 4th August 2014, 11:12   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Bad quality wood/finishing I guess.
Any door which is continuously exposed to water will get damaged, even if it is a solid wood door. The best option is to use a waterproof cover. If the current door is not damaged, cover the backside (or the bottom half) of the door which is exposed to the moisture / water with a light pvc sheet / aluminium sheet and finish it with the same finish of the door. Make sure that you dont expose the nails or other materials used to fix the pvc / Al sheet. You can use the double sided tape from Saint Gobain / 3M used for fixing mirrors for the Al sheet along with some filler to retain its flatness and seal the edges properly. PVC \ FRP doors doesnt look elegant compared to the normal doors.
Old 4th August 2014, 12:52   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also, do these non wooden doors come of a standard size? I'm hoping they can be fit into existing hinges on the wooden frame?
Check Sintex doors, they are good and cost you around 2K including installation.
Old 5th August 2014, 00:01   #195
Senior - BHPian

Use "Marine Ply/Board" for bathroom doors and finish with water proof laminates.

The polish would be Poly Urethane based powder and spray. This is made by MRF, Asian Paints, Berger etc and is easily available at paint stores.

Quote:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks