Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2006, 15:43   #1
BHPian

Buying mobiles from Singapore

Hi Guys,

I will be going to Singapore for a very short trip next week. This is my first visit to Singapore and I don't know much about the city. I want to buy a mobile phone from there, please advice where I can phones real cheap. I tried searching on the net but the prices shown on net are almost equal to as in India. tell me abt some alleys where I can buy authentic sets in good bargains.

cheers

\N
Old 3rd February 2006, 16:02   #2
Team-BHP Support

Not worth the effort, prices are almost the same
Old 3rd February 2006, 16:11   #3
BHPian

Like ajmat said, mobile phones are prolly cheapest and easiest to buy here in India itself.
Only some fancy gadgetry or something not easily available here should be bought outside in my opinion.
Old 3rd February 2006, 16:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Prices for mobiles are cheaper in India these days. If you HAVE to buy one from SIngapore, buy one of the high-end models which MAY probably be cheaper there and will most probably not be available in India. You can try out the O2 XDA Atom.
Old 3rd February 2006, 16:42   #5
BANNED

Hey,

Buy one from there only if you want something new or high end not available here. Also you can be assured of the original stuff from there.

Viper
Old 3rd February 2006, 18:54   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Not worth the effort, prices are almost the same
i agree and also , the taxes would be higher that would make buying in india cheaper.

spend on something that you will not get in India..
Old 3rd February 2006, 19:46   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer
... I want to buy a mobile phone from there, please advice where I can phones real cheap...
The only place where it will be cheaper than both rest of S'pore and India is at a giant shopping mall called Mustafa. I found Sony Ericsson models to be about Rs 1000-2000 cheaper than the best prices in India. Ask for "non-warranty" prices in S'pore. The so-called "warranty" offered in India is useless, and anyway SE phones don't need one.
Old 3rd February 2006, 20:15   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
The only place where it will be cheaper than both rest of S'pore and India is at a giant shopping mall called Mustafa. I found Sony Ericsson models to be about Rs 1000-2000 cheaper than the best prices in India. Ask for "non-warranty" prices in S'pore. The so-called "warranty" offered in India is useless, and anyway SE phones don't need one.
or you could visit SIMLIM Square
Old 3rd February 2006, 23:34   #9
BHPian

SIMLIM has some good stufff specially car audio lotsa HU's there is shop to ur left as soon as u enter,, m8 do drop in at ZOUK one of the best clubs in asia
Old 3rd February 2006, 23:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

how much is the O2 atom for ?? and how much is the O2 mini for and how much is the normal O2 for.im really interested.
i think the ATOM IS FOR 36-38 so thats way out of my budget.what about the other two ??

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 3rd February 2006 at 23:51.
Old 4th February 2006, 00:01   #11
BHPian

hah cool, did u drop by zouk...well its kinda for techno geeks realli...there are much more funkier places if u are into r&b, bhangra...hindi & tamil & arabian remixes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetik
SIMLIM has some good stufff specially car audio lotsa HU's there is shop to ur left as soon as u enter,, m8 do drop in at ZOUK one of the best clubs in asia
Old 4th February 2006, 00:03   #12
BHPian

I wouldnt recommend any of those...cause many of my frens have one and they have problems as big as a dead horse stuck to their bonnet!

Go for the treo series if are gonna get a worthwhile palmtop cum phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
how much is the O2 atom for ?? and how much is the O2 mini for and how much is the normal O2 for.im really interested.
i think the ATOM IS FOR 36-38 so thats way out of my budget.what about the other two ??

Rev
Old 4th February 2006, 00:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

mmore than a palm top cum phone im looking out for a phone with a really really good cam and a good speaker for music.the O2 was the only thing i could think of.any other sugggestion ??

rev
Old 4th February 2006, 01:16   #14
SLK
Senior - BHPian

only O2 Atom has a decent camera and sound... My Mini's camera is slightly worse than Nokia 3230.... last I checked Mini was for 24k.

K750i is a good one (camera) ... though i am not aware of the price.

Many people in my circle have an O2 mini.. no problems whatsoever till now!
Old 4th February 2006, 01:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

the k750i retails for about 19000.its got a 2 mpiz cam which i guess is decent for a phone but i was just thinking if i buy a normall phone id rather buy a nokia.as im used to a nokia.

but if Slk says that he feels the mini cam is not even as good as the 3230.i dont know what to do as one of the main reasons for getting an O2 is for a good cam.by the way in what way do you feel its bad/not as good ??

Rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks